|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Constance doing in her office?
(a) Talking on the phone.
(b) Eating lunch.
(c) Writing her dissertation.
(d) Playing computer games.
2. What happens when Constance reads the page from the manuscript?
(a) She disappears.
(b) She faints.
(c) She cries.
(d) She rips it into shreds.
3. In what country is Verona?
4. Where is the person lying dead in the second vignette?
(a) In the park.
(b) In a funeral home.
(c) In a crypt.
(d) On the riverbank.
5. How does the character enter the office?
(a) Through the window.
(b) Down the fireplace.
(c) Through the side door.
(d) Through the wall.
6. What is Desdemona's nickname for Constance?
7. Why does Constance think Romeo and Othello are not tragic figures?
(a) Because they are both from France.
(b) Because they are men.
(c) Because they are wealthy.
(d) Because their plight could have been avoided.
8. What causes gold to be derived?
(a) The Philosopher's Stone.
(c) A complex series of chemical steps.
9. Who enters the argument scene?
10. What has fled entirely?
(a) Their servants.
(b) The city of Verona to avoid the plague.
(c) Their band of loyal friends.
(d) Their passion.
11. What does Iago give Desdemona as proof?
(a) A page from the Gustav manuscript.
(b) The written transcript of a conversation Iago has with Othello.
(c) A photo of Constance and Othello together in bed.
(d) A handwritten confession by Constance.
12. Who enters the stage as Constance is reading?
(a) No one.
(c) Iago and Othello.
13. Where is Desdemona murdered?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the garden.
(c) In the shower.
(d) In her bedchamber.
14. For what does Romeo mistake Constance?
(a) A nun.
(b) A boy.
(c) A priest.
15. Who tries to protect Desdemona from Iago?
(c) Professor Night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Chorus imply about Constance's mind?
2. Who does Constance resent playing?
3. By whom is Constance interrupted?
4. What saddens Juliet?
5. How is the person on the phone acting emotionally?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)