|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Constance open?
(a) The Complete Works of Shakespere.
(b) War and Peace.
(c) The Bible.
(d) A True History of Romeo and Juliet.
2. In the third vignette, who is on the phone in an office?
(d) No one.
3. How does Constance drink her beer?
(a) Ice cold from a bottle.
(b) With peppermint snapps.
(c) Warm from a can.
(d) On tap.
4. What does Nurse tell Juliet to do?
(a) Flirt with other men but come home to Romeo for satisfaction.
(b) Stay faithful in mind as well as body.
(c) Go to her father and say that Romeo forced her.
(d) Kill herself if she's unhappy.
5. What is Desdemona's nickname for Constance?
6. How is the person on the phone acting emotionally?
7. How does Constance respond to Romeo's request?
(a) She accepts.
(b) She faints.
(c) She declines.
(d) She asks for some time to think it over.
8. What does the person who delivers the monologue do before speaking?
(a) Calls the SPCA.
(b) Lights a cigarette.
(c) Puts out a cigar in the ashtray.
(d) Has a gin and tonic.
9. What does Desdemona do with the page from the Gustav Manuscript?
(a) Shows it to Othello.
(b) Impales it on her sword and thrust it in Constance's face.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Reads it again.
10. Why does Constance think Romeo and Othello are not tragic figures?
(a) Because they are men.
(b) Because their plight could have been avoided.
(c) Because they are both from France.
(d) Because they are wealthy.
11. What is Romeo really going to do?
(a) Go ask Juliet's father for permission to marry Juliet officially.
(b) Go to the opera with a friend.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Look for Constance whom Romeo thinks is a boy.
12. Who lies dead in the second vignette?
13. What does the Chorus imply about Constance's mind?
(a) That it has disappeared.
(b) That it is crazy.
(c) That it is brilliant.
(d) That it is divided.
14. What word that Constance speaks does Desdemona start using?
15. How does the character enter the office?
(a) Down the fireplace.
(b) Through the side door.
(c) Through the wall.
(d) Through the window.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters Contance's office?
2. What does Othello realize?
3. What is Constance doing in her office?
4. In the first vignette, who murders Desdemona?
5. Who is engaged in a mock swordfight?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)