|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has fled entirely?
(a) The city of Verona to avoid the plague.
(b) Their band of loyal friends.
(c) Their servants.
(d) Their passion.
2. How does Constance respond to Romeo's request?
(a) She asks for some time to think it over.
(b) She faints.
(c) She declines.
(d) She accepts.
3. What kind of cheese does Constance eat?
(c) Monterey Jack.
4. Who delivers a monologue?
(d) The Chorus.
5. How does Desdemona respond to learning of Constance's nickname?
(a) With sympathy.
(b) With agreement.
(c) With laughter.
(d) With outrage and urging Constance to learn to kill.
6. How is Desdemona murdered?
(a) Knife across the neck.
7. From what can gold be derived?
(b) The bank.
(c) A glass of tequila.
(d) Base metal.
8. What is Constance doing in her office?
(a) Playing computer games.
(b) Eating lunch.
(c) Talking on the phone.
(d) Writing her dissertation.
9. What is the significance of the next day?
(a) It is Juliet's fourteenth birthday.
(b) It is the day when Juliet is officially an adult.
(c) It is Romeo and Juliet's official wedding.
(d) Romeo will lead an insurrection against Juliet's family.
10. What book does Constance open?
(a) War and Peace.
(b) A True History of Romeo and Juliet.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Complete Works of Shakespere.
11. Where is Desdemona murdered?
(a) In her bedchamber.
(b) In the shower.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In the kitchen.
12. How are the vignettes displayed?
(a) On a pinup board.
(b) In a peepshow.
(c) On a slideshow.
(d) Without speech.
13. What does Desdemona do with the page from the Gustav Manuscript?
(a) Shows it to Othello.
(b) Impales it on her sword and thrust it in Constance's face.
(c) Reads it again.
(d) Burns it.
14. What does the Chorus call the Gustav Manuscript?
(a) A brilliant, though misguided, work.
(b) A farce.
(c) A piece of rubbish.
(d) Contance's Philosopher's Stone.
15. What three men act out a fight?
(a) Gustav, Othello and Romeo.
(b) Tybalt, Mercutio, and Romeo.
(c) Tybalt, Gustav, and Othello.
(d) The Professor, Othello and Tybalt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tybalt and Mercutio suggest to Romeo?
2. What is the setting at the opening of this scene?
3. What is Romeo really going to do?
4. How does the character enter the office?
5. What is lacking in the plays OTHELLO and ROMEO AND JULIET?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)