|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Iago convince Desdemona?
(a) That Constance does not speak like a high-born lady.
(b) That Iago wants to marry Desdemona.
(c) That Constance is Othello's lover.
(d) That Othello is faithful to Desdemona.
2. Who is arguing at the opening of this scene?
(a) Romeo, Tybalt, and Mercutio.
(b) Iago and Othello.
(c) Tybalt and Constance.
(d) Desdemona and Constance.
3. What does Constance do during the handkerchief scene?
(a) Turns out the lights.
(b) Pulls the hankerchief out of Iago's pocket.
(c) Joins the scene.
(d) Shoots both of the characters who are acting out the scene.
4. What is the setting at the opening of this scene?
(a) An Elysium in Rome.
(b) A chuch in Rome.
(c) A public place in London.
(d) A public place in Verona.
5. What does Constance do with the Gustav manuscript?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Throws it in the trash.
(c) Puts it in the safe.
(d) Carries it with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Constance drink her beer?
2. From what can gold be derived?
3. What is Constance called at the university?
4. What does the Chorus imply about Constance's mind?
5. Who mourns a death in the second vignette?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)