Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Red Sammy say about the Misfit?
2. What does John Wesley ask about?
3. What does the Misfit tell the family once they know his identity?
4. What has The Misfit forgotten?
5. How does Grandmother try to reason with the Misfit?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does the Grandmother foreshadow their deaths?
2. Is it significant Misfit claims he cannot remember his crime?
3. Describe the Misfit's appearance?
4. Why is Grandmother so delighted that the Misfit suddenly shows an interest in Jesus?
5. In what way does O'Connor describe the three men approaching their car in ominous terms?
6. Why do you think that O'Connor does not describe the appearance of the Misfits two friends?
7. In what way is it ironic that the Grandmother decided to take the cat on the trip?
8. What is the significance of June Star tap dancing in the restaurant?
9. Describe the character of June Star
10. Do you think Grandmother is really that worried about meeting the Misfit in Florida?
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Grandmother and the Misfit relate so well to each other? Do they share similar characteristics? Why does the Misfit kill her at the end?
Essay Topic 2
The short story is set in the 1950s. What concerns and political problems were there in the fifties? Does O'Connor reflect them in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the use of dialect. Do you think the dialect is an accurate portrayal of how southerners speak? What meaning does the dialect give to the story and characters? What do you think the story would either gain or lose by having no dialect?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)