Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Red Sammy say about the Misfit?
2. What does John Wesley ask about?
3. What does the Misfit tell the family once they know his identity?
4. What has The Misfit forgotten?
5. How does Grandmother try to reason with the Misfit?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does the Grandmother foreshadow their deaths?
2. Is it significant Misfit claims he cannot remember his crime?
3. Describe the Misfit's appearance?
4. Why is Grandmother so delighted that the Misfit suddenly shows an interest in Jesus?
5. In what way does O'Connor describe the three men approaching their car in ominous terms?
6. Why do you think that O'Connor does not describe the appearance of the Misfits two friends?
7. In what way is it ironic that the Grandmother decided to take the cat on the trip?
8. What is the significance of June Star tap dancing in the restaurant?
9. Describe the character of June Star
10. Do you think Grandmother is really that worried about meeting the Misfit in Florida?
Examine O'Connor's writing style.
1) What kind of language does she use? What meaning does it have on the story?
2) What do you think the themes of the story say about O'Connor as a person. Do she seem comfortable with these themes?
The story occasionally expresses Grandmother's character as a racist, though she seems to deny it. What to you think grandmother saw and was taught to think to come to such a point of view? Was it a problem in the South at that time? Can a person change if they deny their true feelings?
O'Connor uses many similes. What effect do the similes have on the tone of the story? How and when does she use them? Take two examples and imagine similes were not used at that point. How does the story's meaning change?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)