Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Red Sammy say about the Misfit?
2. What does John Wesley ask about?
3. What does the Misfit tell the family once they know his identity?
4. What has The Misfit forgotten?
5. How does Grandmother try to reason with the Misfit?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does the Grandmother foreshadow their deaths?
2. Is it significant Misfit claims he cannot remember his crime?
3. Describe the Misfit's appearance?
4. Why is Grandmother so delighted that the Misfit suddenly shows an interest in Jesus?
5. In what way does O'Connor describe the three men approaching their car in ominous terms?
6. Why do you think that O'Connor does not describe the appearance of the Misfits two friends?
7. In what way is it ironic that the Grandmother decided to take the cat on the trip?
8. What is the significance of June Star tap dancing in the restaurant?
9. Describe the character of June Star
10. Do you think Grandmother is really that worried about meeting the Misfit in Florida?
Essay Topic 1
Serial killers are often represented in popular culture. Using two examples from the book argue your case for or against the Misfit being a typical representation of a serial killer?
Essay Topic 2
Imagine you were faced with a serial killer. How would you react? Where do you think Bailey and his family went wrong?
Essay Topic 3
The Misfit has more of an affinity with women than he does with men. Using two examples from the book discuss the Misfit's relationship with women. Why do you think he mistrusts both men and children?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)