Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Red Sammy say about the Misfit?
2. What does John Wesley ask about?
3. What does the Misfit tell the family once they know his identity?
4. What has The Misfit forgotten?
5. How does Grandmother try to reason with the Misfit?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does the Grandmother foreshadow their deaths?
2. Is it significant Misfit claims he cannot remember his crime?
3. Describe the Misfit's appearance?
4. Why is Grandmother so delighted that the Misfit suddenly shows an interest in Jesus?
5. In what way does O'Connor describe the three men approaching their car in ominous terms?
6. Why do you think that O'Connor does not describe the appearance of the Misfits two friends?
7. In what way is it ironic that the Grandmother decided to take the cat on the trip?
8. What is the significance of June Star tap dancing in the restaurant?
9. Describe the character of June Star
10. Do you think Grandmother is really that worried about meeting the Misfit in Florida?
Essay Topic 1
Examine O'Connor's writing style.
1) What kind of language does she use? What meaning does it have on the story?
2) What do you think the themes of the story say about O'Connor as a person. Do she seem comfortable with these themes?
Essay Topic 2
O'Connor portrays the dynamics of a family in the fifties. What was the dynamics of a family in the fifties? How did it reflect life in the fifties? How is it different to families today?
Essay Topic 3
Study the Misfit's life. What is his background? What is his character conflict? What is his motivation to kill?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)