|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Misfit do with the shirt?
2. What does Grandmother tell Bailey hides behind trees?
3. Who does Grandma recognize the driver as?
4. Why does Grandmother lie about the silver?
5. Where does Grandmother fall to when the car turns over?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does not O'Connor tell the reader what Bailey says to his mother?
2. How does O'Connor represent the older generation in the book?
3. What do you think the children grown up to be like if they had lived?
4. Is it significant Misfit claims he cannot remember his crime?
5. How does Bailey's negative attitude towards his mother affect her?
6. Describe the character of June Star
7. What does the Misfit's description of the penitentiary's walls say about him?
8. Why do you think children make the Misfit nervous?
9. Is Grandmother a selfish person?
10. Why were the fifties such an important transitional period?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Serial killers are often represented in popular culture. Using two examples from the book argue your case for or against the Misfit being a typical representation of a serial killer?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the difference between a novel and a novella in regards to:
Essay Topic 3
O'Connor does not give either the mother or Grandmother real names. What is the reason O'Connor does not give them names? Why do you think only the female characters do not have names?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)