|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the children disappointed?
2. What does the Misfit wish he could have witnessed?
3. Why does June Star not want to hold hands with Bobby Lee?
4. What approaches them?
5. Where do the children fall to when the car turns over?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Grandmother blames Europe for Americas problems?
2. In what way does O'Connor present the Grandmother as no better than the Misfit?
3. Do you think Grandmother is really that worried about meeting the Misfit in Florida?
4. Is Grandmother a selfish person?
5. Why do you think children make the Misfit nervous?
6. Describe Bailey's relationship with his mother?
7. How would you describe the characteristics of the Grandmother?
8. What is the significance of Grandmother wanting to paint the black child she sees sitting on the porch?
9. What do you think Misfit's relationship is with women?
10. Describe Misfit's bad experiences as a child.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
O'Connor does not give either the mother or Grandmother real names. What is the reason O'Connor does not give them names? Why do you think only the female characters do not have names?
Essay Topic 2
Imagine you were faced with a serial killer. How would you react? Where do you think Bailey and his family went wrong?
Essay Topic 3
The Misfit has more of an affinity with women than he does with men. Using two examples from the book discuss the Misfit's relationship with women. Why do you think he mistrusts both men and children?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)