|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Wesley do as he walks to the woods?
2. How does O'Connor describe the Misfit's car?
3. Why are the children disappointed?
4. What reason does the Grandmother give for not going to Florida?
5. Where is the Misfit's father buried?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Grandmother's death affect the Misfit?
2. Why do think Bailey agrees with his son that Georgia is not a good state to live in?
3. Why do you think the Misfit does not kill Grandmother until the end?
4. How does The Misfit give the Grandmother salvation?
5. How is it significant Grandmother looks at Misfit when she screams her son's name?
6. Why is Grandmother so delighted that the Misfit suddenly shows an interest in Jesus?
7. How do you think the Grandmother interprets the bible?
8. Why is significant that June refers to Bobby Lee as a pig?
9. Describe Misfit's life?
10. How does the Misfit interpretation of the bible contrast to the Grandmother's?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
O'Connor portrays the dynamics of a family in the fifties. What was the dynamics of a family in the fifties? How did it reflect life in the fifties? How is it different to families today?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think O'Connor portrays the family members, including the main character, so negatively? What impact does it have on the story's meaning? How did you feel about their deaths?
Essay Topic 3
Study the Misfit's life. What is his background? What is his character conflict? What is his motivation to kill?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)