|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandmother say to the Misfit?
(a) Go to hell
(b) Where's your conscience
(c) You're one of my own children
(d) You're very sweet
2. Between what two people does Grandmother sit during the trip?
(a) Jane Star and Bailey
(b) John Wesley and Bailey
(c) John Wesley and Jane Star
(d) Bailey and his wife
3. Who does the Misfit tell his men to take into the woods?
(a) Mother and June Star
(b) Bailey and John Wesley
(c) Grandmother and Mother
(d) Mother and her baby
4. What does Misfit say "It's no real pleasure in?"
(c) The eldery
5. Who does Grandmother offer to take care of?
(a) The cat
(b) The baby
(c) Jane Star
(d) Bailey's wife
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Misfit apologize to the women about?
2. What does John Wesley tell his Grandma?
3. How has mother hurt herself?
4. What reason does the Grandmother give for not going to Florida?
5. How does O'Connor describe Bobby Lee?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Misfit's bad experiences as a child.
2. What do you think Misfit's relationship is with women?
3. Describe what Grandmother is wearing in the car?
4. In what ways do the children show a lack of respect for their elders?
5. Is it significant Misfit claims he cannot remember his crime?
6. How is it significant Grandmother looks at Misfit when she screams her son's name?
7. What is the significance of Grandmother wanting to paint the black child she sees sitting on the porch?
8. In what way is it ironic that the Grandmother decided to take the cat on the trip?
9. What do you think the children grown up to be like if they had lived?
10. How does the Misfit interpretation of the bible contrast to the Grandmother's?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)