|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Misfit do when Grandmother recognizes him?
(a) He denies it
(b) He laughs
(c) He admits it is true
(d) He shoots her
2. What does the Misfit reply when Grandmother asks if he prays?
(a) He does not listen
(b) Only to satan
(c) When I was a child
(d) I do not
3. What does the Misfit talk to Grandmother about when they are alone?
(d) His mother's apple pie
4. What is the name of Bailey's oldest son?
(a) John Wesley
(d) David Hicks
5. Who does Grandma recognize the driver as?
(a) That man off the TV
(b) The Misfit
(c) He long lost son
(d) He first love
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cat doing before Misfit picks it up?
2. What does Jane Star do in the restaurant?
3. What does the Misfit apologize to the women about?
4. Why does the driver want John to stay with his mother?
5. Where do the children fall to when the car turns over?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bailey's relationship with his mother?
2. Why does not O'Connor tell the reader what Bailey says to his mother?
3. Do you think O'Connor's portrayal of her character's is sympathetic?
4. What does it say about Grandmother that she cannot keep Misfit's name to herself?
5. What is the significance of June Star tap dancing in the restaurant?
6. Describe the Misfit's appearance?
7. What does the story about the melon say about Grandmother's character?
8. What is the significance of John Wesley's name?
9. Describe what Grandmother is wearing in the car?
10. Is it significant that the Misfit puts on Bailey's shirt?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)