|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets out of the car last?
(a) The man on the back seat
(b) The man on the front seat
(c) The driver
(d) O'Connor does not say
2. What does the cat jump onto?
(a) Bailey's shoulder
(b) John's head
(c) Baby's face
(d) The head rest
3. What does the Misfit call the psychiatrist at the penitentiary?
(a) A head doctor
(b) A fool
(c) A mind sucker
(d) A mental agent
4. How has mother hurt herself?
(a) She has cut her hand
(b) She has broken her shoulder
(c) She ripped off a nail
(d) She has broken her hand
5. Who does not like taking the cat on trips?
(b) John Wesley
(c) Bailey's wife
(d) Jane Star
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandmother remember visiting in the area when she was young?
2. Who says "I wouldn't take my children in any direction with a criminal like that aloose in it. I couldn't answer to my conscience if I did."?
3. What does John Wesley tell his Grandma?
4. What is the name of Grandmother's cat?
5. What color is Bailey's shirt?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways do the children show a lack of respect for their elders?
2. How does Bailey's negative attitude towards his mother affect her?
3. Why do you think that the Misfit cannot remember the reason he is in prison?
4. Why do think Bailey agrees with his son that Georgia is not a good state to live in?
5. Describe Misfit's bad experiences as a child.
6. Describe the character of John Wesley.
7. Why do you think Grandmother blames Europe for Americas problems?
8. Is it significant that Misfit is not wearing a shirt?
9. How is O'Connor's portrayal of a serial killer unconventional?
10. Why do you think Bailey has such a negative attitude towards his mother?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)