|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the driver tell John to do?
(a) Find some wood
(c) Stay with his mother
(d) Be quiet
2. Who is Grandmother looking at when she screams Bailey's name?
(b) June Star
(c) The Misfit
3. What does Misfit say his father died of?
(a) A broken heart
(c) The flu
(d) The scurvy
4. What does Red Sammy agree with Grandmother about?
(a) Jane Star is a rude little girl
(b) The family should not go to Florida
(c) That you can't trust anyone these days
(d) The road are becoming congested
5. What does Grandmother tell the Misfit when he starts to talk about his family?
(a) You are blaming everyone, but yourself
(b) You have had a hard time
(c) You can be honest
(d) Be quiet
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Misfit say about his parents?
2. Who gave The Misfit his name?
3. What does John want to sneak inside the house?
4. What was grandmother's sudden realization that caused the accident?
5. What does the Misfit do with the shirt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Misfit's description of the penitentiary's walls say about him?
2. What importance does Baby have on the story?
3. Is it significant Misfit claims he cannot remember his crime?
4. Do you think O'Connor's portrayal of her character's is sympathetic?
5. Do you think the family respects Grandmother?
6. What does the story about the melon say about Grandmother's character?
7. In what way does O'Connor present the Grandmother as no better than the Misfit?
8. How does Bailey's negative attitude towards his mother affect her?
9. Why is significant that June refers to Bobby Lee as a pig?
10. Describe Bailey's relationship with his mother?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)