|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jane Star do in the restaurant?
(a) She tap dances
(b) She plays guitar
(c) She vomits
(d) She sings
2. Who does June Star not want to hold hands with?
(b) The Misfit
(c) Bobby Lee
(d) Her mother
3. Who is the first person in the car the next morning?
(b) John Wesley
(d) Jane Star
4. What has Grandmother smuggled on the trip with her?
(a) A piece of cake
(b) A pidgeon
(c) A cat
(d) A dog
5. How many times does Bailey say they can stop after visiting the plantation?
(a) Three more times
(b) This is the last time
(c) One more time
(d) Two more times
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Misfit ask Mother?
2. What does Bobby Lee say about the killings?
3. Who says "I wouldn't take my children in any direction with a criminal like that aloose in it. I couldn't answer to my conscience if I did."?
4. Why does Grandmother kick the valise?
5. What does Red Sammy say about the Misfit?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does The Misfit give the Grandmother salvation?
2. Do you think O'Connor's portrayal of her character's is sympathetic?
3. In what way does O'Connor describe the three men approaching their car in ominous terms?
4. What importance does Baby have on the story?
5. In what ways do the children show a lack of respect for their elders?
6. In what way does O'Connor present the Grandmother as no better than the Misfit?
7. Why does not O'Connor tell the reader what Bailey says to his mother?
8. Why do you think Grandmother smuggles the cat into the car?
9. In what way does Grandmother's death affect the Misfit?
10. Is Grandmother a selfish person?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)