|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Wesley ask about?
(a) Why the driver is not wearing a shirt
(b) The men's guns
(c) The drivers name
(d) The type of car they have
2. How many children does Bailey have?
3. What does the cat jump onto?
(a) John's head
(b) The head rest
(c) Baby's face
(d) Bailey's shoulder
4. What does the grandmother tell them about as they turn around?
(a) Her first love
(b) The silver
(c) The beautiful house
(d) A well
5. Who is the only member of the family to survive?
(a) The cat
(d) June Starr
Short Answer Questions
1. How many time does Grandmother say the car turned over?
2. What is the driver wearing?
3. How does Grandmother persuade Bailey to take a detour and see the plantation?
4. What reason does the Grandmother give for not going to Florida?
5. What does the Misfit apologize to the women about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the story about the melon say about Grandmother's character?
2. In what ways do the children show a lack of respect for their elders?
3. Why do you think the Misfit does not kill Grandmother until the end?
4. What does it say about Grandmother that she cannot keep Misfit's name to herself?
5. What does Grandmother mean when she says that Misfit is one of her own children?
6. Why were the fifties such an important transitional period?
7. Describe Misfit's life?
8. What do you think the children grown up to be like if they had lived?
9. In what way does Grandmother manipulate Bailey to visit the plantation?
10. Describe Bailey's relationship with his mother?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)