|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has mother hurt herself?
(a) She has broken her shoulder
(b) She has broken her hand
(c) She ripped off a nail
(d) She has cut her hand
2. What is the children's initial reaction to the accident?
(a) They cry
(b) They laugh
(c) They scream
(d) They ask if Bailey can do it again
3. What does the driver tell John to do?
(a) Stay with his mother
(c) Find some wood
(d) Be quiet
4. Who gets out of the car last?
(a) The man on the back seat
(b) The driver
(c) O'Connor does not say
(d) The man on the front seat
5. How many people are in the car?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Misfit tell the family once they know his identity?
2. How would John Wesley deal with the misfit?
3. What does Grandmother remember visiting in the area when she was young?
4. Who does June Star not want to hold hands with?
5. Why does the driver want John to stay with his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think both Grandmother and Mother remain unnamed throughout the book?
2. How is O'Connor's portrayal of a serial killer unconventional?
3. Is Grandmother a selfish person?
4. Is it significant that the Misfit puts on Bailey's shirt?
5. In what way does the Grandmother change moments before she dies?
6. In what ways do the children show a lack of respect for their elders?
7. Why do you think Bailey has such a negative attitude towards his mother?
8. In what way does Grandmother's death affect the Misfit?
9. Why does not O'Connor tell the reader what Bailey says to his mother?
10. How does The Misfit give the Grandmother salvation?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)