|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Red Sammy say about the Misfit?
(a) He's got a viscious streak a mile long
(b) There is good in everyone
(c) A good man is hard to find
(d) Once bad always bad
2. What does the Misfit do when Grandmother begins to cry?
(a) He shoots her
(b) He comforts her
(c) He tells her to shut up
(d) He laughs at her
3. What does Grandmother tell a story about?
(a) Her dead husband
(b) A man who once courted her
(c) Her old dog
(d) Her last trip to Florida
4. What does Grandmother do before they leave?
(b) Tells a joke
(c) Sits on the cat
(d) Writes down the mileage
5. What year does Misfit say his father died?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Misfit tell his men to take into the woods?
2. What wakes grandmother up from her sleep?
3. What does John Wesley ask about?
4. Where does the Grandmother tell her son they should not go on vacation?
5. What does Misfit say "It's no real pleasure in?"
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways do the children show a lack of respect for their elders?
2. Why do you think Bailey has such a negative attitude towards his mother?
3. Is Grandmother a selfish person?
4. Describe the Misfit's appearance?
5. What does Grandmother mean when she says that Misfit is one of her own children?
6. What does the Misfit's description of the penitentiary's walls say about him?
7. What do you think Misfit's relationship is with women?
8. Why does not O'Connor tell the reader what Bailey says to his mother?
9. What is the significance of June Star tap dancing in the restaurant?
10. Why were the fifties such an important transitional period?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)