|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Misfit continue to do when he hears the two gun shots?
(a) Fix the car
(b) Talk about the past
(d) Shout at Mother
2. Where are the mother and baby thrown when the car turns over?
(a) Through the sun roof
(b) Out of the door
(c) Through the front window
(d) Onto the floor
3. What does the Misfit reply when Grandmother asks if he prays?
(a) Only to satan
(b) When I was a child
(c) He does not listen
(d) I do not
4. What does Grandmother do before they leave?
(a) Tells a joke
(b) Writes down the mileage
(d) Sits on the cat
5. Who says "I wouldn't take my children in any direction with a criminal like that aloose in it. I couldn't answer to my conscience if I did."?
(d) Red Sammy's wife
6. What would Edgar bring Grandmother every morning?
(a) A rose
(b) A water melon
(c) An apple
(d) A golden nugget
7. What do the children eat for their lunch?
(b) A pizza
(d) Packed lunches
8. What does the Misfit apologize to the women about?
(a) For his body odour
(b) For his gallows humor
(c) For not wearing a shirt
(d) For being a bad person
9. What does the Misfit call the psychiatrist at the penitentiary?
(a) A mind sucker
(b) A mental agent
(c) A head doctor
(d) A fool
10. What does Grandmother offer to do to keep them quiet?
(a) Tell a joke
(b) Let them stroke her cat
(c) Tell them a story
11. What does The Misfit do when he sees the cat?
(a) He kicks it
(b) He hisses at it
(c) He shoots it
(d) He picks it up
12. How far back do they have to travel to get back to the dirt road?
(a) Eight miles
(b) One mile
(c) Ten miles
(d) Five miles
13. How would John Wesley deal with the misfit?
(a) Call the police
(b) Smack him in the face
(c) Talk to him
(d) Laugh in his face
14. What does Red Sammy agree with Grandmother about?
(a) Jane Star is a rude little girl
(b) The family should not go to Florida
(c) The road are becoming congested
(d) That you can't trust anyone these days
15. What was grandmother's sudden realization that caused the accident?
(a) The plantation was not in Georgia
(b) She had forgotten her purse
(c) She never liked the plantation
(d) The plantation and house was destroyed when she was a child
Short Answer Questions
1. What does O'Connor say happens to the Misfit's voice?
2. What is the reason Grandmother says Misfit won't shoot her?
3. Who says the following line "there never was a body that give the undertaker a tip?"
4. How many times does the man say it turned over?
5. Who is the only member of the family to survive?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)