|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandmother stop the children from doing?
(a) Sticking their heads out of the window
(b) Throwing their garbage out of the window
2. Why does Grandmother kick the valise?
(a) She gets over excited
(b) Bailey says something cruel
(c) She has a sudden realization
(d) John hits her in the stomach
3. Where does Bailey fall to when the car turns over?
(a) He falls to the floor
(b) He falls out of the window
(c) He falls to the back of the car
(d) He stays where he is
4. What was grandmother's sudden realization that caused the accident?
(a) The plantation and house was destroyed when she was a child
(b) She had forgotten her purse
(c) She never liked the plantation
(d) The plantation was not in Georgia
5. Why does the driver want John to stay with his mother?
(a) His mother's life is in danger
(b) Children make him nervous
(c) A boy should always stick with his mother
(d) She is injured
6. Who is the only member of the family who does not go in the woods?
(d) June Starr
7. What color is Bailey's shirt?
(a) Bright yellow
(b) Blood red
(c) Navy blue
(d) Light green
8. What happens to the car when Bailey loses control?
(a) It runs into a field
(b) It drives into a river
(c) It drives into a ditch
(d) It turns over
9. What does the guessing game turn into?
(a) A burping contest
(b) A screaming content
(c) An argument
(d) A fight
10. How much mileage is on the car clock at the beginning of the journey?
11. What does the Misfit talk about when Mother asks where they have taken Bailey?
(a) The afterlife
(b) His family
(c) His crime
12. What was the name of the man in Grandmother's story
(a) Edgar Atkins Teagarden
(b) Jacob Davis Coffeehouse
(c) Wesley Jason Farm
(d) James McKinley
13. Who does June Star not want to hold hands with?
(a) Bobby Lee
(b) The Misfit
(c) Her mother
14. What does Misfit continue to do when he hears the two gun shots?
(a) Talk about the past
(b) Fix the car
(d) Shout at Mother
15. How does Grandmother respond to John Wesley's statement that he wants to get out of Georgia?
(a) She agrees with him
(b) She tells Bailey to stop the car before lecturing them all on the virtues of Georgia
(c) She tells him he should not respond to their native state in that way.
(d) She laughs
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Grandma recognize the driver as?
2. Why does Grandmother take her cat onto the trip?
3. What does the Misfit do when Grandmother begins to cry?
4. How far back do they have to travel to get back to the dirt road?
5. What does Hiram have with him?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)