|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Grandmother's head to clear?
(a) She realizes she is a good person
(b) She hears Bailey's voice
(c) The Misfit looks like he is going to cry
(d) It always happens when she is nervous
2. What does Misfit continue to do when he hears the two gun shots?
(a) Shout at Mother
(b) Talk about the past
(c) Fix the car
3. What does the cat jump onto?
(a) Bailey's shoulder
(b) The head rest
(c) John's head
(d) Baby's face
4. What does Bailey do with the cat?
(a) Pulls it tail
(b) Kills it
(c) Throws it out of the window
(d) Put it back in the valise
5. How does O'Connor describe Bobby Lee?
(a) Ugly as a pig
(b) Fat boy
(c) Bigger than life
(d) Head as big as the moon
6. Who gave The Misfit his name?
(a) The Police
(b) He did
(c) His father
(d) His mother
7. What does The Misfit do when he sees the cat?
(a) He picks it up
(b) He kicks it
(c) He hisses at it
(d) He shoots it
8. What does the Grandmother scream as Bailey is being led away?
(b) Bailey's name
(c) Is there any justice
(d) The lord's name
9. What does Mother ask the Misfit?
(a) What crime did you commit
(b) Do you have a cigarette
(c) Where have they taken Bailey
(d) Are you a religous man
10. How many more gunshots do they hear from the woods?
11. What does John Wesley ask about?
(a) The men's guns
(b) The type of car they have
(c) The drivers name
(d) Why the driver is not wearing a shirt
12. How would John Wesley deal with the misfit?
(a) Call the police
(b) Talk to him
(c) Smack him in the face
(d) Laugh in his face
13. How much mileage is on the car clock at the beginning of the journey?
14. What does Grandmother blame the state of the country on?
(b) The North
(d) Red Sammy
15. What does the Misfit say to Grandmother when she tells him he is good?
(a) I am the devil's child
(b) Be quiet
(c) I am not good
(d) So why am I so bad
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Misfit's father buried?
2. Why is Bailey so impatient?
3. Where do the children fall to when the car turns over?
4. What does the Misfit wish he could have witnessed?
5. Who does Grandma recognize the driver as?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)