|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Bailey's daughter?
(a) June Star
(c) Jane Pea
2. What does the Grandmother initially remember about the plantation?
(a) The house
(b) The dirt road
(c) The workers
(d) Her first love
3. Who is Grandmother looking at when she screams Bailey's name?
(a) June Star
(b) The Misfit
4. What does Hiram have with him?
(a) A dead deer
(b) Bailey's arm
(c) Bailey's shirt
(d) John's pants
5. What does the Misfit say is the only thing he gets pleasure from?
(c) Talking to old people
6. What does the Misfit do when Grandmother touches him on the shoulder?
(a) Hugs her
(b) Shoots her
(d) Kicks her in the shin
7. What sound follows a scream in the woods?
(a) A flap of bird wings
(b) A gunshot
(c) A laugh
(d) A second scream
8. What is the name of the restaurant the family stop at?
(a) The Mountain
(b) Tip Top
(c) The Tower
(d) The Cliff Top
9. What reason does the Grandmother give for not going to Florida?
(a) There is a hurricaine approaching the area
(b) The children will be bored
(c) Florida is too expensive
(d) They have already been
10. What does Baily begin to ask for?
(c) The time
11. What was grandmother's sudden realization that caused the accident?
(a) She never liked the plantation
(b) The plantation was not in Georgia
(c) She had forgotten her purse
(d) The plantation and house was destroyed when she was a child
12. How many time does Grandmother say the car turned over?
(a) A dozen times
(b) Three times
13. Why is Bailey so impatient?
(a) Because grandmother will not stop talking
(b) Because the children are fighting
(c) Because the driving conditions are so bad
(d) Because the baby is crying
14. What does Bailey do when the cat jumps onto his shoulder?
(a) He loses control of the car
(b) He jumps out of the car
(c) He screams
(d) He uses the lords name in vain
15. Why would Grandmother of done well to marry Edgar?
(a) He was a kind man
(b) He would of given her a better looking family
(c) He bought stocks in Coca-Cola
(d) He loved her
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was the story first published?
2. What does Grandmother say when the Misfit says only Jesus can raise the dead?
3. What is the name of Bailey's oldest son?
4. What does the Misfit talk about when Mother asks where they have taken Bailey?
5. How does Grandmother say they can get to the plantation?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)