|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only member of the family who does not go in the woods?
(b) June Starr
2. Why is John Wesley anxious to get through Georgia?
(a) There is nothing to look at
(b) He sees The Misfit
(c) It is too hot
(d) He does not like the south
3. What is the name of Bailey's daughter?
(b) Jane Pea
(c) June Star
4. What does Grandmother remind Bailey about on the journey?
(a) The speed limit
(b) Not to stop for hitchhikers
(c) To goto a nice restaurant
(d) To stop for petrol
5. What does the Misfit wish he could have witnessed?
(a) His parents marriage
(b) Jesus' resurrection
(c) A Boston Red Sox victory
(d) The American Civil War
6. Why is the dirt road such a rough ride?
(a) Dust impairs Bailey's view
(b) Grandma is over excited
(c) It is full of pot holes
(d) It has many sharp curves, hills and embankments
7. What does Grandma do when Bailey chastises her?
(a) She faints
(b) She hits him
(c) She grabs one of the mens guns
(d) She cries
8. What does Grandmother offer to do to keep them quiet?
(a) Tell them a story
(b) Tell a joke
(c) Let them stroke her cat
9. Where does the Grandmother hide her cat?
(a) In her pocket
(b) Under the front seat
(c) Up her jumper
(d) In a basket
10. What does Jane Star do in the restaurant?
(a) She plays guitar
(b) She sings
(c) She tap dances
(d) She vomits
11. What does O'Connor say happens to the Misfit's voice?
(a) He loses it completely
(b) It cracks
(c) It deepens
(d) It goes high
12. How has mother hurt herself?
(a) She ripped off a nail
(b) She has broken her shoulder
(c) She has cut her hand
(d) She has broken her hand
13. How does Grandmother say they can get to the plantation?
(a) Walking across the field
(b) Driving through the fields
(c) By turning around and driving down a dirt track
(d) Taking a chair lift
14. Why does Bailey not pay any attention to his mother?
(a) He is watching television
(b) His wife has already told him about it
(c) She is senile
(d) He is reading the newspaper
15. How many times does the Misfit shoot Grandmother in the chest?
(b) Four times
(d) Three times
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bailey scream towards his mother?
2. What do the children do on the journey?
3. What does Misfit say "It's no real pleasure in?"
4. What kind of bird is printed on Bailey's shirt?
5. What does Bailey do with the cat?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)