|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children eat for their lunch?
(b) Packed lunches
(d) A pizza
2. How does Grandmother try to reason with the Misfit?
(a) She tells him Jesus loves him
(b) She says she has a fear of guns
(c) She tells him he is a good man
(d) She tells him he will be put on the electric chair if he kills them
3. Why does the driver want John to stay with his mother?
(a) A boy should always stick with his mother
(b) Children make him nervous
(c) His mother's life is in danger
(d) She is injured
4. What does Grandmother offer to do to keep them quiet?
(a) Tell a joke
(c) Let them stroke her cat
(d) Tell them a story
5. What is the reason Grandmother says Misfit won't shoot her?
(a) He needs her
(b) She is old
(c) He will go to jail
(d) She is a lady
6. Why is the dirt road such a rough ride?
(a) Grandma is over excited
(b) It has many sharp curves, hills and embankments
(c) Dust impairs Bailey's view
(d) It is full of pot holes
7. What does Grandmother remember visiting in the area when she was young?
(a) A slaughter house
(b) A bar
(c) A forest
(d) A plantation
8. Who says "I wouldn't take my children in any direction with a criminal like that aloose in it. I couldn't answer to my conscience if I did."?
(a) Red Sammy's wife
9. Why is John Wesley anxious to get through Georgia?
(a) There is nothing to look at
(b) He does not like the south
(c) It is too hot
(d) He sees The Misfit
10. Who gave The Misfit his name?
(a) The Police
(b) His father
(c) He did
(d) His mother
11. What does the Misfit say to Grandmother when she tells him he is good?
(a) I am the devil's child
(b) I am not good
(c) Be quiet
(d) So why am I so bad
12. What do the children do on the journey?
(a) Read comics
(b) Play I Spy
(d) Play computer games
13. Who is the first person in the car the next morning?
(c) John Wesley
(d) Jane Star
14. Where does Grandmother fall to when the car turns over?
(a) She stays where she is
(b) The front seat
(c) Under the front seat
(d) To the floor
15. Why does he call himself the Misfit?
(a) He likes the word
(b) He does not fit in anywhere
(c) Because what he has did wrong does not fit the punishment
(d) He likes wearing ill fitting clothes
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Grandmother want to get the children on her side?
2. What reason does Grandmother say a black boy ate the melon?
3. Who is interested in the silver?
4. What does Grandmother tell a story about?
5. What does Hiram have with him?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)