|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much mileage is on the car clock at the beginning of the journey?
2. What does the Misfit talk to Grandmother about when they are alone?
(a) His mother's apple pie
3. What is the name of the restaurant the family stop at?
(a) Tip Top
(b) The Tower
(c) The Mountain
(d) The Cliff Top
4. What does O'Connor say Grandmother's face looks like when she is lying in the ditch?
(a) Like an angel
(b) Like a grave stone
(c) Like the devil
(d) Like a smiling child
5. What does the Misfit reply when Grandmother asks if he prays?
(a) When I was a child
(b) Only to satan
(c) I do not
(d) He does not listen
6. Why does Bailey not pay any attention to his mother?
(a) She is senile
(b) His wife has already told him about it
(c) He is watching television
(d) He is reading the newspaper
7. How many times does the man say it turned over?
(a) Eight times
(c) Four times
8. What does Grandmother say when The Misfit apologizes for not wearing a shirt?
(a) You have a fine figure
(b) Bailey has a spare one in his suitcase
(c) You would look better in a woolly jumper
(d) Why don't you apologize for your crimes
9. Who gets out of the car last?
(a) O'Connor does not say
(b) The man on the back seat
(c) The man on the front seat
(d) The driver
10. What does the Misfit say when Grandmother asks if he would shoot an old lady?
(a) He would torture her first
(b) He would shoot anyone
(c) He would not want to shoot one
(d) He is not a killer
11. How many more gunshots do they hear from the woods?
12. Where is the plantation Grandmother can remember?
(a) New York
(b) North Carolina
13. Why does Grandmother take her cat onto the trip?
(a) She does not want it to be alone
(b) She is afraid it will die
(c) She wants its company
(d) She wants to annoy Bailey
14. Who does not like taking the cat on trips?
(a) John Wesley
(b) Jane Star
(c) Bailey's wife
15. How does O'Connor describe the Misfit's car?
(a) A blood red murder mobile
(b) A white and clean cut automobile
(c) A black hearse-like automobile
(d) A grey bubble shaped automobile
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandma touch?
2. What does Grandmother blame the state of the country on?
3. How does O'Connor describe Bobby Lee?
4. What does the Grandmother initially remember about the plantation?
5. What does the Misfit say to Grandmother when she tells him he is good?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)