|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Misfit talk to Grandmother about when they are alone?
(b) His mother's apple pie
2. What does Grandmother have tied in her hair?
(a) A ribbon
(c) A green hankerchief
(d) A chopstick
3. What does the Misfit do when Grandmother begins to cry?
(a) He tells her to shut up
(b) He shoots her
(c) He comforts her
(d) He laughs at her
4. What does John Wesley do as he walks to the woods?
(a) Tries to grab one of the mens guns
(b) Holds his father's hand
5. What does Grandmother tell the Misfit when he starts to talk about his family?
(a) You are blaming everyone, but yourself
(b) You can be honest
(c) Be quiet
(d) You have had a hard time
6. What kind of bird is printed on Bailey's shirt?
7. How does Grandmother try to reason with the Misfit?
(a) She tells him he is a good man
(b) She tells him Jesus loves him
(c) She says she has a fear of guns
(d) She tells him he will be put on the electric chair if he kills them
8. What is the name of Grandmother's cat?
(a) Sly Tie
(b) Pitty Sing
9. What happens to the car when Bailey loses control?
(a) It drives into a ditch
(b) It turns over
(c) It drives into a river
(d) It runs into a field
10. How long long does Hiram say it will take to fix the car?
(a) An hour
(b) Two hours
(c) Half an hour
(d) Three hours
11. What has The Misfit forgotten?
(a) His real name
(b) What landed him in prison
(c) His shirt
(d) His wallet
12. What does Grandmother do before they leave?
(a) Sits on the cat
(c) Tells a joke
(d) Writes down the mileage
13. How does the Grandmother react when she hears two shots?
(a) She screams for Bailey
(b) She slaps Misfit across the face
(c) She faints
(d) She prays
14. What is the children's initial reaction to the accident?
(a) They laugh
(b) They cry
(c) They ask if Bailey can do it again
(d) They scream
15. What is the name of Bailey's daughter?
(a) June Star
(b) Jane Pea
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Misfit say when Grandmother asks if he would shoot an old lady?
2. What does John want to sneak inside the house?
3. What does the driver tell John to do?
4. How much mileage is on the car clock at the beginning of the journey?
5. What wakes grandmother up from her sleep?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)