|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bailey say they are not allowed inside the house?
(a) They don't know who lives there
(b) It will take too long
(c) It is likely to be too run down
(d) It will bring back too many bad memories
2. Who is the first person in the car the next morning?
(a) Jane Star
(c) John Wesley
3. What does Grandmother have tied in her hair?
(b) A chopstick
(c) A ribbon
(d) A green hankerchief
4. Why does he call himself the Misfit?
(a) He likes the word
(b) He likes wearing ill fitting clothes
(c) Because what he has did wrong does not fit the punishment
(d) He does not fit in anywhere
5. Who is the only member of the family to survive?
(a) The cat
(c) June Starr
6. What sound follows a scream in the woods?
(a) A second scream
(b) A flap of bird wings
(c) A gunshot
(d) A laugh
7. What happens to the car when Bailey loses control?
(a) It runs into a field
(b) It drives into a river
(c) It turns over
(d) It drives into a ditch
8. What does the Grandmother scream as Bailey is being led away?
(b) The lord's name
(c) Bailey's name
(d) Is there any justice
9. What does the Misfit reply when Grandmother asks if he prays?
(a) When I was a child
(b) Only to satan
(c) I do not
(d) He does not listen
10. How has mother hurt herself?
(a) She ripped off a nail
(b) She has broken her hand
(c) She has broken her shoulder
(d) She has cut her hand
11. What does the Misfit do with the shirt?
(a) He puts it on
(b) He throws it at Grandmother
(c) He tears it up
(d) He ties it around his waist
12. What does Grandmother remind Bailey about on the journey?
(a) To stop for petrol
(b) To goto a nice restaurant
(c) Not to stop for hitchhikers
(d) The speed limit
13. Who does the Grandmother say has escaped from prison?
(a) The Fox
(b) The Nutcase
(c) Bread Basket
(d) The Misfit
14. Who does the Misfit tell his men to take into the woods?
(a) Mother and her baby
(b) Mother and June Star
(c) Grandmother and Mother
(d) Bailey and John Wesley
15. What is the name of Bailey's daughter?
(b) Jane Pea
(c) June Star
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandmother stop the children from doing?
2. How many times does Bailey say they can stop after visiting the plantation?
3. What does the Grandmother think about the driver?
4. What wakes grandmother up from her sleep?
5. What approaches them?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)