|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandmother tell Bailey hides behind trees?
(a) Loose women
2. Why does Grandmother take her cat onto the trip?
(a) She wants to annoy Bailey
(b) She wants its company
(c) She is afraid it will die
(d) She does not want it to be alone
3. What does the cat jump onto?
(a) Baby's face
(b) The head rest
(c) Bailey's shoulder
(d) John's head
4. Why does Bailey say they are not allowed inside the house?
(a) It will bring back too many bad memories
(b) It will take too long
(c) They don't know who lives there
(d) It is likely to be too run down
5. How has mother hurt herself?
(a) She has cut her hand
(b) She ripped off a nail
(c) She has broken her hand
(d) She has broken her shoulder
6. How many times does Bailey say they can stop after visiting the plantation?
(a) Two more times
(b) This is the last time
(c) Three more times
(d) One more time
7. What is the driver wearing?
(a) Jeans and no shirt
(c) Shorts and no shirt
(d) A suit
8. What does Bailey say about Georgia?
(a) It is full of immigrants
(b) It is a beautiful state
(c) It is too hot
(d) It is a lousy state
9. Where did The Misfit say he and his friends got there clothes?
(b) From some people they met
(c) They stole them from a shop
(d) A prison warden
10. What does Grandmother stop the children from doing?
(a) Sticking their heads out of the window
(d) Throwing their garbage out of the window
11. What two people return from the woods?
(a) Bobby Lee and Hiram
(b) Bailey and John Wesley
(c) Hiram and Bailey
(d) Hiram and John Wesley
12. Why is the dirt road such a rough ride?
(a) It has many sharp curves, hills and embankments
(b) Dust impairs Bailey's view
(c) Grandma is over excited
(d) It is full of pot holes
13. What is the reason Grandmother says Misfit won't shoot her?
(a) She is old
(b) He needs her
(c) She is a lady
(d) He will go to jail
14. Why does Grandmother dress so smartly?
(a) To hint that she wants to stop at a nice restaurant on the way
(b) To feel good about herself
(c) She is always on the look out for a new man
(d) So if they have an accident and she dies they will see she was a lady
15. What was grandmother's sudden realization that caused the accident?
(a) The plantation and house was destroyed when she was a child
(b) She never liked the plantation
(c) She had forgotten her purse
(d) The plantation was not in Georgia
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hiram have with him?
2. Who does Grandma recognize the driver as?
3. Where does the Grandmother tell her son they should not go on vacation?
4. What does the Misfit tell the family once they know his identity?
5. Why does the driver want John to stay with his mother?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)