|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does The Misfit do when he sees the cat?
(a) He shoots it
(b) He kicks it
(c) He hisses at it
(d) He picks it up
2. What does the Misfit say when Grandmother asks if he would shoot an old lady?
(a) He is not a killer
(b) He would not want to shoot one
(c) He would torture her first
(d) He would shoot anyone
3. Who does the Misfit say is the only person who can raise people from the dead?
4. Why does he call himself the Misfit?
(a) Because what he has did wrong does not fit the punishment
(b) He likes wearing ill fitting clothes
(c) He does not fit in anywhere
(d) He likes the word
5. What does O'Connor say Grandmother's face looks like when she is lying in the ditch?
(a) Like an angel
(b) Like a grave stone
(c) Like the devil
(d) Like a smiling child
6. How many times does the Misfit shoot Grandmother in the chest?
(c) Four times
(d) Three times
7. Who gave The Misfit his name?
(a) His mother
(b) He did
(c) His father
(d) The Police
8. How many times does Bailey say they can stop after visiting the plantation?
(a) This is the last time
(b) Three more times
(c) Two more times
(d) One more time
9. Where is the Misfit's father buried?
(a) Under the Misfit's floorboards
(b) Hill top methodist church yard
(c) Mount hopewell Baptist churchyard
(d) In the Misfit's back garden
10. What does Misfit say "It's no real pleasure in?"
(c) The eldery
11. Who is the only member of the family to survive?
(a) The cat
(c) June Starr
12. Where does the Grandmother hide her cat?
(a) Up her jumper
(b) In her pocket
(c) In a basket
(d) Under the front seat
13. What does the Grandmother tell the Misfit for the second time as Bailey and John are being lead away?
(a) He is a good man
(b) Does he not believe in God
(c) He is an evil man
(d) Go to hell
14. What does the Misfit say to Grandmother when she tells him he is good?
(a) So why am I so bad
(b) Be quiet
(c) I am the devil's child
(d) I am not good
15. How does Grandmother try to reason with the Misfit?
(a) She tells him he will be put on the electric chair if he kills them
(b) She says she has a fear of guns
(c) She tells him he is a good man
(d) She tells him Jesus loves him
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Misfit tell his men to take into the woods?
2. What does Grandmother remember visiting in the area when she was young?
3. How does Mother respond to Misfit's offer of joining her husband?
4. What does Mother ask the Misfit?
5. What does the grandmother tell them about as they turn around?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)