|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Patimkin tell Brenda she should do?
(a) Get a job.
(b) Send Neil packing.
(c) Take a vacation in Europe.
(d) Help her with the wedding plans.
2. How does Brenda reply to her mother's suggestion that she go to work?
(a) She tells her mother if she wants more income for the family, she shoud go to work herself.
(b) Maybe she will work in McDonald's and tell everyone of Mrs. Patimkin's social friends.
(c) She has no job skills thanks to her mother's demands.
(d) They could live off the income from their stocks alone.
3. What prevents them for seeing much of each other the next day?
(a) Brenda and Harriet spending most of the day in the beauty salon.
(b) The nervousness of their relationship after getting the diaphragm.
(c) All of the activity surrounding the wedding.
(d) The sudden arrival of Harriet's cousins.
4. How is Brenda dressed when she comes to the porch where Neil is?
(a) She is wearing a warm-up suit.
(b) She is wearing a yellow dress that shows off her summer tan.
(c) She is in tight shorts and a halter top.
(d) She is wearing one of Neil's shirts.
5. Why does Neil enter St. Patrick's cathedral?
(a) To cool off.
(b) To see how Catholics worship.
(c) To watch a model being photographed inside the church.
(d) To talk to a priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brenda want to do for Neil?
2. When Brenda is modeling her bridesmaid dress, what does Harriet say to her?
3. Where does Neil wait for Brenda while she is at the doctor's office?
4. Why does Neil feel lonely at the Patimkin house?
5. What happens to Neil inside the church?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Brenda get upset in the storage room?
2. What is odd about Neil's and Brenda's love making after she gets the diaphragm?
3. What problem does Brenda admit to Neil?
4. What key event happens in Ron's room?
5. What is the underlying reason Harriet and Brenda go shopping in New York?
6. Describe the domestic scene between Brenda and Neil the following morning.
7. What are Aunt Gladys' two main concerns when Neil calls to say his vacation is extended to Labor Day?
8. What turns out to be the rush to get Ron married to Harriet?
9. Is there something shallow about the discussion of religion between Mrs. Patimkin and Neil? Explain.
10. What is the somber occasion between Neil and Brenda the day after the wedding?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)