|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Neil do the day after the wedding?
(a) At noon the day after the wedding, Neil drives Brenda to her train back to school.
(b) He returns to his job at the library.
(c) He stays in his room and wonders if he will lose Brenda.
(d) He slips out of the house and returns to Newark.
2. What problem has arisen at the Patimkin house?
(a) Mrs. Patimkin was straightening up Brenda's clothing and found the diaphragm.
(b) Julie has fallen off a horse and is in the hospital.
(c) Mr. Patimkin has had a heart attack.
(d) The house has been robbed while the family was out.
3. What is Mrs. Patimkin doing while she is in the kitchen with Carlotta and Neil?
(a) She is giving them orders for what to do today.
(b) She is making lists of things to do.
(c) She is working on a Hadassah project.
(d) She is making cake decorations.
4. What disappointing news does Neil get from Brenda?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) Brenda calls Neil to tell him she is not coming for Rosh Hashanah. She has a test Saturday and a paper due.
(c) She has gotten engaged.
(d) She is meeting her family in the Poconos.
5. Why does Neil enter St. Patrick's cathedral?
(a) To see how Catholics worship.
(b) To cool off.
(c) To talk to a priest.
(d) To watch a model being photographed inside the church.
6. What is Aunt Gladys' question when Neil calls to tell her he will be gone another week?
(a) She asks if he is getting too good to stay with her.
(b) She wants to know if he has clean underwear.
(c) She asks him if she needs to send him anything.
(d) She asks him is he is sleeping with Brenda.
7. What has happened at Neil's job?
(a) He has become Reference Librarian.
(b) He has not gotten his promotion.
(c) He has fallen into a dull routine.
(d) He is in line to become head librarian.
8. When the subject of contraception becomes an argument, how does Brenda react?
(a) She slaps Neil in the face.
(b) She tells Neil to leave her house.
(c) She starts to cry and goes back into the house.
(d) She shuts up and does not speak to him for hours.
9. How long does the reception go on?
(a) Until mid morning the next day.
(b) Until Mr. Patimkin orders everyone out.
(c) When Ron and Harriet trip and fall on the floor.
(d) Everyone eats and drinks too much until finally the musicians stop playing, pack up, and leave.
10. Where did Ron get the record he puts on the phonograph?
(a) Brenda had given it ot him years ago.
(b) He found it at a flea market.
(c) He bought it in Columbus Ohio.
(d) He got it at graduation from Ohio State University.
11. What is in a letter from Brenda's father?
(a) Her father says she had better not be pregnant.
(b) Her father wrote her first not to pay attention to her mother's letter.
(c) Her father says that her mother is crazy.
(d) Her father orders her to come home.
12. What happens at the end of Neil's week at the Patimkin house?
(a) Brenda asks him to stay until Labor Day which is the day of the wedding.
(b) Mrs. Patimkin asks Neil to vacate his room.
(c) Neil invites Brenda to come stay a week with him.
(d) Brenda decides to skip the wedding and return to Radcliffe early.
13. What does Mrs. Patimkin tell Brenda she should do?
(a) Get a job.
(b) Help her with the wedding plans.
(c) Send Neil packing.
(d) Take a vacation in Europe.
14. Where do Neil and Brenda go after breakfast?
(a) They go fishing in a lake nearby.
(b) They go run on the high school track.
(c) They go to sporting goods store to buy Neil some sports outfits.
(d) They go shopping for a wedding gift.
15. Where does Neil wait for Brenda while she is at the doctor's office?
(a) In Rockefeller Center.
(b) In a deli.
(c) In Bergdorf Goodman store.
(d) In Central Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brenda do the first morning Neil is in the house?
2. What effect does everything have on Neil at this time?
3. Where does Mrs. Patimkin send Neil?
4. How is Brenda dressed when she comes to the porch where Neil is?
5. What does Neil hear coming from Ron's room one night?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)