|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impresses Aunt Gladys about Neil's description of the Patimkin house?
(a) That it is in Newark.
(b) That it is over their store.
(c) That it has a narrow driveway.
(d) That it has so many rooms.
2. Why does Neil say he lives with his aunt and uncle?
(a) Because he does not have to pay rent.
(b) Because his salary is too low to afford his own place.
(c) Because his parents demand that he do that.
(d) Because their apartment is near his work.
3. What indicates that Brenda does not particularly like Harriet?
(a) Brenda calls her goody-goody Harriet.
(b) Brenda makes a face when she mentions Harriet's name.
(c) Brenda says her mother likes Harriet more than she does her.
(d) Brenda does not go to the airport to greet her.
4. What does Neil want to discuss with Brenda?
(a) He wants her to get a diaphragm.
(b) He wants to borrow money for a new suit.
(c) He wants to know if she would consider marrying him.
(d) He wants her to elope with him the night of Ron's wedding.
5. How does Mrs. Patimkin treat Neil?
(a) She refuses to recognize his presence.
(b) She keeps the conversation on topics Neil knows nothing about.
(c) She is merely polite.
(d) She asks questions to embarrass him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Neil and Brenda go after breakfast?
2. Why does Neil enter St. Patrick's cathedral?
3. What causes a commotion downstairs while Neil is unpacking for the weekend?
4. While Neil and the boy are looking at the art book, what is Neil seeing?
5. What excuse does Brenda make for her mother's behavior?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)