|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rule when Mr. Patimkin invites Neil to play basketball with him and Julie?
(a) Everyone must play hard to win.
(b) When Julie has the ball, Mr. Patimkin is on her team.
(c) Neil must remove his shirt.
(d) Julie must win the game.
2. Why does Neil think Harriet is a perfect match for Ron?
(a) She is something of a slob, too.
(b) Like him she is mainly concerned with appearances.
(c) She is strong willed where Ron is weak.
(d) She is an expert golfer.
3. What shows Neil's eagerness to see Brenda?
(a) He arrives early in Short Hills.
(b) He reads up on the lives of the rich and famous.
(c) He changes his clothes seven times.
(d) He keeps looking at his watch.
4. What indicates that Brenda and her family are concerned with status and appearance?
(a) She talks about her trips to Paris.
(b) She asks Neil why he doesn't buy a Mercedes.
(c) She keeps telling Neil how expenisve everything is in her house.
(d) She has had a nose job and her brother is about to do it, too.
5. What is Brenda looking for in the room?
(a) Her high school yearbook.
(b) Costumes for a masked ball.
(c) The keys to her father's safe.
(d) Three one hundred dollar bills her father hid there for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ron ask Neil if he would like to listen to?
2. In the basement, what is next to a photo of Brenda on a horse?
3. How is Neil's behavior the morning after his dinner with the Patimkin family?
4. What is a reminder of the Patimkin family's past life in Newark?
5. What does Brenda ask about his cousin, Doris?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)