|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Neil find in the basement?
(a) A refrigerator full of beer.
(b) A playroom and a bar.
(c) A ping pong table with a broken leg.
(d) A storage room.
2. What is the area like in Short Hills?
(a) Large houses with green lawns and water sprinklers.
(b) big houses people use only for the summer.
(c) Rows of highrise condos.
(d) Mansions with valet service.
3. In the basement, what is next to a photo of Brenda on a horse?
(a) A blank board for mounting Julie's ribbons if she ever wins any.
(b) A painting of Ron when he was in high school.
(c) A board with all of her ribbons she won for doing something on a horse.
(d) A photo of Mrs. Patimkin when she was a champion tennis player.
4. Where is the house of Neil Klugman's aunt and uncle where he lives?
(a) The Bronx.
(b) Newark, New Jersey.
(c) Lower Manhattan.
(d) Jersey City.
5. How does Mrs. Patimkin treat Neil?
(a) She asks questions to embarrass him.
(b) She keeps the conversation on topics Neil knows nothing about.
(c) She is merely polite.
(d) She refuses to recognize his presence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Neil say he lives with his aunt and uncle?
2. When Neil wants to phone Brenda in Short Hills, New Jersey, where does he find the Short Hills phone directory?
3. What shows Brenda's independence at the Country Club pool?
4. While the dinner conversation is going on, what is Brenda doing?
5. How often is Neil seeing Brenda now?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)