|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at the pool and meets Neil?
(a) Several of Brenda's sorority sisters.
(b) Brenda's mother.
(c) Brenda's brother, Ron.
(d) Brenda's ex-boyfriend.
2. What is the difference in their educations?
(a) Brenda attends Radcliffe while Neil is working on a degree from community college.
(b) Brenda attends Radcliffe in Boston. Neil had attended Newark Colleges of Rutgers University, a lesser institution.
(c) Brenda makes only fair grades while Neil graduated at the top of his class.
(d) Brenda is still in school but Neill is a dropout.
3. While the dinner conversation is going on, what is Brenda doing?
(a) Brenda is drumming her nails on the table.
(b) Brenda is talking on the phone.
(c) Brenda is eating a second dessert.
(d) Neil feels Brenda's fingers tease his calf.
4. What is the rule when Mr. Patimkin invites Neil to play basketball with him and Julie?
(a) When Julie has the ball, Mr. Patimkin is on her team.
(b) Julie must win the game.
(c) Everyone must play hard to win.
(d) Neil must remove his shirt.
5. Why is Neil less class conscious than Brenda's family?
(a) Neil's family is politically important.
(b) Neil is secure in his own superiority.
(c) Neil was taught to respect people from the all classes.
(d) He is well traveled and exposed to many types of people at his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What invitation does Brenda extend to Neil?
2. How do Neil and Brenda meet?
3. What shows that Neill is not a part of Brenda's social set?
4. How is dinner different at the Patimkin's house from the dinner at Aunt Gladys' house?
5. What is Neil's impression of Brenda as she plays tennis?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)