|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brenda feel about her mother?
(a) She thinks her mother is the world's greatest.
(b) She thinks her mother stays at home too much.
(c) She thinks her mother is uneducated.
(d) She thinks her mother hates her and is jealous of her.
2. What is the irony of the Patimkins' snobbery at Neil's living in Newark?
(a) Mrs. Patimkin refuses to admit she was born there.
(b) They used to live in Newark before Mr. Patimkin became wealthy.
(c) They also have a house in Newark.
(d) Mr. Patimkin is a large donor to the library where Neil works.
3. What shows Neil's eagerness to see Brenda?
(a) He reads up on the lives of the rich and famous.
(b) He changes his clothes seven times.
(c) He arrives early in Short Hills.
(d) He keeps looking at his watch.
4. What is a typical dinner at Aunt Gladys' house?
(a) Bagels, cream cheese, and lox.
(b) Kosher chicken, tossed salad, and dessert.
(c) Matzos soup, leg of lamb, and mixed vegetables.
(d) Pot roast, gravy, boiled potatoes, peas and carrots, and rye bread.
5. When Neil wants to phone Brenda in Short Hills, New Jersey, where does he find the Short Hills phone directory?
(a) Out in the garage.
(b) Under a laundry basket.
(c) Holding up Anut Gladys' dresser.
(d) At the next door neighbor's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What member of Neil's family does Brenda remember?
2. When Neill finally stops at Brenda's house, where does he find her?
3. What is strange about Brenda's feeling that Neil is pursuing her?
4. How is dinner different at the Patimkin's house from the dinner at Aunt Gladys' house?
5. What does Neil notice about Mr. Patimkin?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)