|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What antic does Neil perform at the pool?
(a) He does handstands on the diving board.
(b) He hides Brenda's glasses.
(c) Neil dives in and surfaces like a dolphin beside Brenda, sliding her legs on his.
(d) He swims thirty laps without stopping.
2. What shows Brenda's independence at the Country Club pool?
(a) She dresses like the other society snobs.
(b) She dominates the diving board.
(c) She sits in Neil's lap by the pool.
(d) She is dressed in a simple tank suit as opposed to the high heels and jewelry on other women.
3. What is the rule when Mr. Patimkin invites Neil to play basketball with him and Julie?
(a) Neil must remove his shirt.
(b) When Julie has the ball, Mr. Patimkin is on her team.
(c) Everyone must play hard to win.
(d) Julie must win the game.
4. What does Neil think that shows he is infatuated with Brenda?
(a) Neil thinks she has two wet triangles on the back of her white polo shirt where wings would have been if she had been an angel.
(b) Neil thinks she looks like Elizabeth Taylor.
(c) Neil does not notice Brenda's crooked teeth.
(d) Neil cannot stop looking at her knees.
5. When the family goes outside, what are Mr. Patimkin and his 10-year-old daughter Julie doing?
(a) Going for a swim.
(b) Playing tennis.
(c) Playing with the dog.
(d) Playing basketball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disruption takes place when Ron needs to leave?
2. What is a typical dinner at Aunt Gladys' house?
3. What is Neil's impression of Brenda as she plays tennis?
4. How has Mrs. Patimkin reinvented herself?
5. What is the main topic of conversation when the family does speak?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)