|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aunt Gladys' personal charity?
(a) The poor Jews in Palestine.
(b) Jewish orphans in Russia.
(c) Poor older Jews in nursing homes.
(d) The homeless in Newark.
2. What indicates that Brenda and her family are concerned with status and appearance?
(a) She has had a nose job and her brother is about to do it, too.
(b) She talks about her trips to Paris.
(c) She asks Neil why he doesn't buy a Mercedes.
(d) She keeps telling Neil how expenisve everything is in her house.
3. What question is raised in the reader's mind about Brenda?
(a) Is she really interested in Neil or just having a forbidden fling?
(b) Is Brenda a girl who falls only for men beneath her station?
(c) Is Brenda simply bored with her summer vacation?
(d) Is she really what she appears to be?
4. How does Mrs. Patimkin treat Neil?
(a) She keeps the conversation on topics Neil knows nothing about.
(b) She refuses to recognize his presence.
(c) She is merely polite.
(d) She asks questions to embarrass him.
5. Who is playing tennis with Brenda when Neill walks up?
(a) He finds her playing with her tennis coach.
(b) Brenda is playing with her brother, Ron.
(c) He finds Brenda playing against Laura Simpson Stolowitch.
(d) Brenda is playing with her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the rule when Mr. Patimkin invites Neil to play basketball with him and Julie?
2. The first time Neil phones Brenda, why does she not come to the phone?
3. How is Brenda dressed for dinner?
4. What does Neil notice about Mr. Patimkin?
5. How has Mrs. Patimkin reinvented herself?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)