|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Brenda a bit ambivalent about Neill's coming to her house?
(a) She yawns but agrees he can come.
(b) She says that she is playing tennis tonight and will be sweaty afterwards, but he can come.
(c) She says she doesn't have much time but he can come for fifteen minutes.
(d) She hesitates but finally says he can come.
2. What is the main difference between Neil and Brenda?
(a) Both are Jewish but she is from the upper class.
(b) Neil is much older than Brenda.
(c) Neil is not Jewish but Brenda is.
(d) Neil is well educated but Brenda is not.
3. How does Mrs. Patimkin treat Neil?
(a) She asks questions to embarrass him.
(b) She keeps the conversation on topics Neil knows nothing about.
(c) She is merely polite.
(d) She refuses to recognize his presence.
4. When does Neil call Brenda for the second time?
(a) Just before midnight.
(b) When Uncle Max gets home from work.
(c) The next day.
(d) After the ten o'clock news.
5. How does Brenda feel about her mother?
(a) She thinks her mother is the world's greatest.
(b) She thinks her mother is uneducated.
(c) She thinks her mother hates her and is jealous of her.
(d) She thinks her mother stays at home too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aunt Gladys' personal charity?
2. What comment does Neil make to Brenda about her mother.
3. Where is the house of Neil Klugman's aunt and uncle where he lives?
4. What does Brenda allow Neil to do as they play in the pool?
5. When Neil wants to phone Brenda in Short Hills, New Jersey, where does he find the Short Hills phone directory?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)