|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Brenda make for her mother's behavior?
(a) Her migraine headaches.
(b) Ron's upcoming wedding.
(c) Her menopause.
(d) Julie's temper tantrums.
2. How does Mrs. Patimkin treat Neil?
(a) She keeps the conversation on topics Neil knows nothing about.
(b) She refuses to recognize his presence.
(c) She is merely polite.
(d) She asks questions to embarrass him.
3. What are some of the things they do together that summer?
(a) Play ping pong, visit museums, take long walks in Central Park.
(b) Drive into the mountains, go out to eat, watch Ron play basketball.
(c) Go to motels, see plays in New York, read books.
(d) Go to Coney Island, drive to Atlantic City, visit Brenda's relatives.
4. Where does Neil find Mr. Patimkin's business?
(a) Patimkin Kitchen and Bathroom Sinks is in the middle of Newark's African-American section.
(b) In an upscale business district.
(c) Not far from Aunt Gladys' house.
(d) In a shopping mall.
5. What happens when Julie loses the game?
(a) She throws her ping pong paddle at Neil and says she hates him.
(b) She starts laughing because she let Neil win.
(c) She upsets the chess board and scatters the pieces.
(d) She takes the dart board off the wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Neil and Brenda do as often as possible?
2. Why does Mrs. Patimkin say on the phone that she cannot leave at the moment?
3. Who arrives at the pool and meets Neil?
4. What is a typical dinner at Aunt Gladys' house?
5. What happens in the TV room later that night after Brenda returns?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)