|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Neil's major in Rutgers?
(b) Library science.
2. What does Neil want to discuss with Brenda?
(a) He wants to know if she would consider marrying him.
(b) He wants her to get a diaphragm.
(c) He wants to borrow money for a new suit.
(d) He wants her to elope with him the night of Ron's wedding.
3. What does Neil do from his desk on the main floor?
(a) He keeps staring at the phone wanting to call Brenda.
(b) He is half-heartedly doing some filing.
(c) He falls asleep because he was up so late last night.
(d) He watches teenage girls walk up the wide flight of stairs to the main reading room.
4. What indicates that Brenda does not particularly like Harriet?
(a) Brenda makes a face when she mentions Harriet's name.
(b) Brenda says her mother likes Harriet more than she does her.
(c) Brenda does not go to the airport to greet her.
(d) Brenda calls her goody-goody Harriet.
5. Why does Neil say he lives with his aunt and uncle?
(a) Because his salary is too low to afford his own place.
(b) Because their apartment is near his work.
(c) Because his parents demand that he do that.
(d) Because he does not have to pay rent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Neil finally find Brenda?
2. What does Mrs. Patimkin tell Brenda she should do?
3. Why does Brenda chastise Neil after he returns home and calls her?
4. What shows Neil's eagerness to see Brenda?
5. Where do Neil and Brenda go after breakfast?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)