|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Neil and Brenda pass the time at night until Ron finally goes to sleep?
(a) They play chess.
(b) They sit outside and watch for Ron's light to go out.
(c) They watch TV with Mr. Patimkin.
(d) They read in their individual rooms.
2. What comment does Neil make to Brenda about her mother.
(a) That he thinks she is beautiful.
(b) That she is a bit of a snob.
(c) That she could lose some weight.
(d) That she seems to rule the household.
3. What is the little African-American boy doing in front of the library?
(a) He is trying to climb the flagpole.
(b) He is crying.
(c) He is break dancing.
(d) He is growling at the stone lion statues.
4. What is the main difference between Neil and Brenda?
(a) Both are Jewish but she is from the upper class.
(b) Neil is not Jewish but Brenda is.
(c) Neil is well educated but Brenda is not.
(d) Neil is much older than Brenda.
5. Ironically, where is Mr. Patimkin's store that makes all the money for the family to live in Short Hills?
(a) In Brooklyn.
(b) In the Bronx.
(c) The African-American section of Newark.
(d) On the waterfront.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Patimkin family business does Julie tattle to Neil about?
2. How does Neil evaluate Mr. Patimkin's intelligence?
3. At the pool, what juvenile prank does Neil attempt?
4. What does Brenda do the first morning Neil is in the house?
5. Why does Aunt Gladys want Neil to leave the Patimkin's telephone number?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)