|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment does Neil make to Brenda about her mother.
(a) That she seems to rule the household.
(b) That he thinks she is beautiful.
(c) That she could lose some weight.
(d) That she is a bit of a snob.
2. What does Neil do from his desk on the main floor?
(a) He keeps staring at the phone wanting to call Brenda.
(b) He falls asleep because he was up so late last night.
(c) He is half-heartedly doing some filing.
(d) He watches teenage girls walk up the wide flight of stairs to the main reading room.
3. The first time Neil phones Brenda, why does she not come to the phone?
(a) She is taking a bubble bath.
(b) She doesn't want to talk to him.
(c) She is out dining at the club.
(d) Her mother does not call her to the phone.
4. What promotion has more or less been promised to Neil?
(a) He is scheduled to become the assistant librarian.
(b) He is supposed to be put in charge of the Reference Room, which is a currently a vacant position.
(c) He has been selected to become education division supervisor.
(d) He has been promised a transfer to the Short Hills brance.
5. Where are the Patimkin's going while Neil babysits?
(a) To take Ron to the airport.
(b) To a reception for the mayor of New York.
(c) To attend a lecture.
(d) To the Museum of Modern Art.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are some of the things they do together that summer?
2. What request does Brenda make to her father?
3. How is Brenda a bit ambivalent about Neill's coming to her house?
4. What indicates that Brenda and her family are concerned with status and appearance?
5. What information does Neil get from Julie?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)