|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mrs. Patimkin's connection to sports when she was younger?
(a) She ran in the Boston Marathon once.
(b) She played water polo in college.
(c) Mrs. Patimkin had been the best tennis player in the state at one time.
(d) She was a great golfer at one time.
2. Where does Mrs. Patimkin send Neil?
(a) She sends Neil to New York to bring back silverware patterns.
(b) She sends Neil to pick up Julie from her riding class.
(c) She sends Neil to the airport to get Harriet's mother.
(d) Since she cannot go herself, she sends Neil to Newark.
3. What does Neil ask Mrs. Patimkin if she has read?
(a) He asks if she has read Karl Marx.
(b) He asks if she has read Origin of Species.
(c) He asks if she has read the latest Life Magazine.
(d) He asks if she had read any of philosopher Martin Buber's work.
4. Why does the boy not want to check out the Gauguin book after Neil promises to help him?
(a) He fears he might lose it and he cannot pay to replace it.
(b) He thinks it's too heavy to carry to his house.
(c) He fears it will get damaged in his house.
(d) He doesn't want the other boys to see what he is reading.
5. How often is Neil seeing Brenda now?
(a) Every Wednesday evening.
(b) Every evening.
(c) Twice a week.
(d) Every weekend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ron doing when Neil arrives?
2. Why do Brenda and Harriet go alone to New York?
3. What request does Brenda make to her father?
4. What is Aunt Gladys' question when Neil calls to tell her he will be gone another week?
5. What happens at the end of Neil's week at the Patimkin house?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)