|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ironically, where is Mr. Patimkin's store that makes all the money for the family to live in Short Hills?
(a) The African-American section of Newark.
(b) On the waterfront.
(c) In Brooklyn.
(d) In the Bronx.
2. How is Brenda dressed for dinner?
(a) Brenda is dressed in designer slacks and blouse.
(b) Brenda wears shorts and white polo shirt.
(c) Brenda wears a cocktail dress.
(d) Brenda has on jeans and one of Ron's shirts.
3. What is the irony of the Patimkins' snobbery at Neil's living in Newark?
(a) Mrs. Patimkin refuses to admit she was born there.
(b) Mr. Patimkin is a large donor to the library where Neil works.
(c) They used to live in Newark before Mr. Patimkin became wealthy.
(d) They also have a house in Newark.
4. What does Neil notice about Mr. Patimkin?
(a) That he eats very little.
(b) That he tends to dominate the conversation.
(c) That he is short and has nothing to say.
(d) That he reminds Neil of his own father.
5. What does Mrs. Patimkin ask Neil if he wants to join?
(a) The Republican Party.
(b) B'nai Brith.
(c) Her discussion group.
(d) The Country Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Neil does not answer when Brenda asks if he loves her, what does Brenda say?
2. Why does Neil say he lives with his aunt and uncle?
3. What antic does Neil perform at the pool?
4. What do Neil and Brenda do as often as possible?
5. Who are the two main people in Neil's life outside of his family?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)