|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following parts was not injured on Graves?
2. Which of the following terms did Graves use to describe military justice?
3. In what year was the epilogue added to this novel?
4. When was Graves' first son born?
(a) May 1919
(b) June 1921
(c) April 1918
(d) March 1920
5. What would the students who passed the examination go on to do?
(a) Become translators at embassies
(b) Work in the United States
(c) Become the future university instructors
(d) Offer English instruction at primary and secondary schools
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Graves' first child?
2. When were Graves and Nicholson married?
3. In what month did Graves pass medical inspection to be able to return to battle?
4. How many children did Graves have?
5. Where was Graves sent to a hospital to receive treatment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Graves start doing during the time he lived with Nicholson in the town of Islip?
2. Describe the three essays Graves uses as an apology for his rapid abandonment of his teaching post in Cairo.
3. What was different between the original text and the 1957 revision?
4. Describe how Graves felt about Oxford when he enrolled in October of 1919.
5. What did Graves become familiar with as he was stationed at headquarters company?
6. What did Graves do during his recovery period from his nose surgery before he returned to the war?
7. Describe one specific area in which Graves demonstrated a serious nervous disorder that seemed unusual.
8. What changed about the periods of convalescence for soldiers who were injured during a battle?
9. How did England change socially during 1919 while Graves was in Oxford?
10. What happened as Graves tried to resign his commission and demobilize as a student to Oxford?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)