|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Graves' commanding officer refuse to honor his request to resign his commission?
(a) He wanted him to take over his command
(b) He needed him to continue to train new soldiers
(c) He wanted him to perform in the Battalion theatrical
(d) He did not like Graves and wanted him to suffer
2. Where did Graves move toward the end of Chapter 28?
(a) Back to Germany with his relatives
(b) Townhouse in the city
(d) Village house that he rented from his mother
3. Into what language were all of Graves' lectures, handouts and examinations translated?
4. At what university did Graves secure a position?
(b) Royal Egyptian University of Cairo
(d) University of London
5. What group recruited Sassoon into its cause?
(a) Pro-war patriots
(b) German sympathizers
(c) Literary writers
(d) Anti-war pacifists
Short Answer Questions
1. While in Cairo, what did Graves act as?
2. How many of Graves' children joined the Armed Forces during World War II?
3. Who visited Graves on the ship before he departed for Egypt?
4. Which of the following terms did Graves use to describe military justice?
5. Where did the doctor advise Nancy that she should live for health reasons?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe in detail Graves' life after WWII.
2. Describe one specific area in which Graves demonstrated a serious nervous disorder that seemed unusual.
3. What did Graves do after he resigned his teaching position?
4. After Graves was injured, what steps were taken by the military and himself?
5. Describe the three essays Graves uses as an apology for his rapid abandonment of his teaching post in Cairo.
6. What was different between the original text and the 1957 revision?
7. Upon return to the 3rd Battalion in England, what did Graves and Sassoon do for the military and to pass the time?
8. When were Graves' last children to his first wife born and what did he do during this time?
9. How did Graves feel about what his commanding officer did regarding his demobilization request and what steps did he take to ensure the demobilization?
10. What changed about the periods of convalescence for soldiers who were injured during a battle?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)