|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following parts was not injured on Graves?
2. In what year was Graves' second child born?
3. What did Graves and Sassoon do once they rejoined the 3rd Battalion in England?
(a) Drafted new soldiers
(b) Continued their convalescence in a rehabilitation hospital
(c) Covered the war for newspapers
(d) Trained new soldiers
4. Who does Graves routinely help out?
(a) Homeless ex-soldiers
(b) Drug addicts
(c) Tutoring students
(d) Struggling writers
5. Why did Graves' commanding officer refuse to honor his request to resign his commission?
(a) He needed him to continue to train new soldiers
(b) He did not like Graves and wanted him to suffer
(c) He wanted him to perform in the Battalion theatrical
(d) He wanted him to take over his command
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Graves plagued by as he entered school at Oxford?
2. What group recruited Sassoon into its cause?
3. What was the name of Graves' first child?
4. What did Graves' mother force him to do while he was in England?
5. What was Sassoon treated for at Craiglockhart War Hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What events led to Sassoon's denouncing the war and announcing his intention to refuse further service?
2. Describe in detail Graves' life after WWII.
3. Describe the three essays Graves uses as an apology for his rapid abandonment of his teaching post in Cairo.
4. What happened to Graves and his family toward the end of his schooling and what steps did he take because of this?
5. Describe how Graves felt about Oxford when he enrolled in October of 1919.
6. Describe one specific area in which Graves demonstrated a serious nervous disorder that seemed unusual.
7. What happened as Graves tried to resign his commission and demobilize as a student to Oxford?
8. In what way did Graves act to prevent his friend Sassoon from being court-martialed or serving a prison sentence?
9. In what ways were Graves and T.E. Lawrence alike while they were together at Oxford?
10. What was different between the original text and the 1957 revision?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)