|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Graves' first son born?
(a) April 1918
(b) June 1921
(c) May 1919
(d) March 1920
2. Where did the doctor advise Nancy that she should live for health reasons?
3. Which of the following literary figures was not one of friendships Graves made while at Oxford?
4. How did Sassoon announce his intention to refuse further service?
5. What nickname was Siegfried Sassoon given?
(a) Silly Siegfried
(b) Mad Max
(c) Mad Jack
(d) Insane Jack
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refused to allow Graves to rejoin combat?
2. What sport does Graves take up?
3. Which of the following terms did Graves use to describe military justice?
4. What did Lawrence personally refuse to do in regard to his books?
5. What does it mean to serially publish a book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Graves do after he resigned his teaching position?
2. In what way did Graves act to prevent his friend Sassoon from being court-martialed or serving a prison sentence?
3. What happened as Graves tried to resign his commission and demobilize as a student to Oxford?
4. What did Graves become familiar with as he was stationed at headquarters company?
5. What did Graves start doing during the time he lived with Nicholson in the town of Islip?
6. What happened to Graves when he and another soldier went off in search of some horses which were missing?
7. Describe how Graves' opinions of the war differed from those he became friends with at Oxford?
8. In what ways were Graves and T.E. Lawrence alike while they were together at Oxford?
9. How did Graves feel about what his commanding officer did regarding his demobilization request and what steps did he take to ensure the demobilization?
10. How did Graves feel about the local customs and culture while in Egypt?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)