|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Graves routinely help out?
(a) Homeless ex-soldiers
(b) Drug addicts
(c) Struggling writers
(d) Tutoring students
2. How did Graves consider the war?
(a) Evil and pointless
(b) Clear and well run
(c) Understandable and necessary
(d) A brave effort
3. How long did Graves go untreated?
(a) 3 days
(b) 24 hours
(c) 12 hours
(d) 2 days
4. What did Graves find displayed everywhere in England?
(a) German support
(c) Names of the injured and dead
(d) Anti-war sentiments
5. What nickname was Siegfried Sassoon given?
(a) Insane Jack
(b) Mad Jack
(c) Silly Siegfried
(d) Mad Max
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Graves and Sassoon spend many hours together doing?
2. What sport does Graves take up?
3. How did Graves feel about the war rationing of food?
4. What did Graves' mother force him to do while he was in England?
5. Socially, England became anti which nationality?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Graves passed the time before he underwent the operation on his nose while he was back home in England?
2. What happened as Graves tried to resign his commission and demobilize as a student to Oxford?
3. After Graves was injured, what steps were taken by the military and himself?
4. What did Graves do after he resigned his teaching position?
5. Upon return to the 3rd Battalion in England, what did Graves and Sassoon do for the military and to pass the time?
6. What events led to Sassoon's denouncing the war and announcing his intention to refuse further service?
7. How did Graves feel about what his commanding officer did regarding his demobilization request and what steps did he take to ensure the demobilization?
8. What did Graves become familiar with as he was stationed at headquarters company?
9. What happened to Graves when he and another soldier went off in search of some horses which were missing?
10. Describe one specific area in which Graves demonstrated a serious nervous disorder that seemed unusual.
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)