|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Graves become obsessed with happening?
(a) Idea of becoming a poet
(b) Idea of a gas attack
(c) Idea of being sent back to the trenches
(d) Idea of peace
2. What illness did Graves develop after a few weeks at his new assignment?
(b) Blood infection
(c) Abscessed tooth
3. How did Sassoon announce his intention to refuse further service?
4. In what month did Graves pass medical inspection to be able to return to battle?
5. What happened to deserters?
(b) Sent to the front lines
(c) Life in prison
(d) Rarely found
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Graves find the politics of school life?
2. How did Graves describe the enrollment at Oxford in October of 1919?
3. How did Graves consider the war?
4. Socially, England became anti which nationality?
5. Where was Graves assigned since he was unable to return to combat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in late July to Graves' company and to him during an artillery formation?
2. What happened as Graves tried to resign his commission and demobilize as a student to Oxford?
3. Describe what Graves did during his latter years while at Oxford?
4. Describe in detail Graves' life after WWII.
5. In what way did Graves act to prevent his friend Sassoon from being court-martialed or serving a prison sentence?
6. How did England change socially during 1919 while Graves was in Oxford?
7. What did Graves do during his recovery period from his nose surgery before he returned to the war?
8. During this post-war time, what did Nicholson do that later Graves and Lawrence needed to help him with?
9. When were Graves' last children to his first wife born and what did he do during this time?
10. After Graves was injured, what steps were taken by the military and himself?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)