|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Graves spend his time doing right after he resigns his teaching position in Cairo?
(a) Spends several weeks looking for a new job
(b) Spends several weeks writing
(c) Spends several weeks apologizing to the staff and students
(d) Spends several weeks traveling
2. In what year do Graves and Nicholson return to Islip?
3. How did Graves and Sassoon describe the English media's portrayal of the war?
(d) Over dramatic
4. What did Graves purchase during his recovery period?
(d) Boat ticket to America
5. With which of the following literary figures did Graves develop a deep and sincere friendship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to deserters?
2. Sassoon's political views could best be described as?
3. When were Graves and Nicholson married?
4. To whom did Lawrence introduce Graves?
5. What was the last year Graves attended Oxford?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Graves do in Ireland that he found distasteful though he performed it as it was his duty?
2. What events led to Sassoon's denouncing the war and announcing his intention to refuse further service?
3. How did Graves feel about the local customs and culture while in Egypt?
4. Describe how Graves passed the time before he underwent the operation on his nose while he was back home in England?
5. When were Graves' last children to his first wife born and what did he do during this time?
6. After Graves was injured, what steps were taken by the military and himself?
7. Upon return to the 3rd Battalion in England, what did Graves and Sassoon do for the military and to pass the time?
8. What changed about the periods of convalescence for soldiers who were injured during a battle?
9. Describe what Graves did during his latter years while at Oxford?
10. Describe in detail Graves' life after WWII.
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)