|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of disorder did Graves develop?
(d) Nervous disorders
2. While in Cairo, what did Graves act as?
(a) Commander of the University
(b) Examiner for the diploma class of the Higher Training College
(c) President of the University
(d) Dean of Students
3. Why did the police change the rules about soldiers convalescing at their personal homes?
(a) They armed forces were short handed
(b) It was too costly to travel
(c) Many did not return
(d) Homes were destroyed
4. How did Graves describe a proposed assault that was called off?
(a) A mistake
(c) Well laid out
(d) Good planning
5. How did Sassoon announce his intention to refuse further service?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following parts was not injured on Graves?
2. How did Graves feel about eighteenth century poetry?
3. What does Graves offer as an apology for his rapid abandonment of his teaching post in Cairo?
4. In late July during the barrage of artillery fire that Graves' company experienced, about how many of his men were killed instantly?
5. What did Graves believe he contracted?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe in detail Graves' life after WWII.
2. What did Graves start doing during the time he lived with Nicholson in the town of Islip?
3. What events led to Sassoon's denouncing the war and announcing his intention to refuse further service?
4. What did Graves do after he resigned his teaching position?
5. How did Graves feel about what his commanding officer did regarding his demobilization request and what steps did he take to ensure the demobilization?
6. What did Graves do during his recovery period from his nose surgery before he returned to the war?
7. What did Graves become familiar with as he was stationed at headquarters company?
8. How did England change socially during 1919 while Graves was in Oxford?
9. Describe the university and classes Graves held as he began his new post as a professor in Egypt.
10. After Graves was injured, what steps were taken by the military and himself?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)