|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Graves routinely help out?
(a) Drug addicts
(b) Homeless ex-soldiers
(c) Struggling writers
(d) Tutoring students
2. Which of the following terms did Graves use to describe military justice?
3. Where was Graves assigned since he was unable to return to combat?
(b) Media relations
(d) Draft office
4. In late July during the barrage of artillery fire that Graves' company experienced, about how many of his men were killed instantly?
(a) One half
(b) One third
(c) Three fourths
(d) Two thirds
5. While in Cairo, what did Graves act as?
(a) President of the University
(b) Dean of Students
(c) Examiner for the diploma class of the Higher Training College
(d) Commander of the University
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Graves locate housing in Egypt?
2. When were Graves and Nicholson married?
3. What did Graves believe he contracted?
4. How did Graves feel about the war rationing of food?
5. Which genre did Graves write the most poetry in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Graves become familiar with as he was stationed at headquarters company?
2. During this post-war time, what did Nicholson do that later Graves and Lawrence needed to help him with?
3. Describe in detail Graves' life after WWII.
4. Describe one specific area in which Graves demonstrated a serious nervous disorder that seemed unusual.
5. Describe how Sassoon and Graves, both of whom were injured, spent their time recovering.
6. What did Graves do during his recovery period from his nose surgery before he returned to the war?
7. What happened to Graves and his family toward the end of his schooling and what steps did he take because of this?
8. What did Graves do after he resigned his teaching position?
9. After Graves was injured, what steps were taken by the military and himself?
10. When were Graves' last children to his first wife born and what did he do during this time?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)