|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Graves in Harfleur 'Bull Ring'?
(a) 5 weeks
(b) 4 weeks
(c) 10 weeks
(d) 8 weeks
2. Which of the following best describes Graves' skills at sports?
3. How old were Robert's parents when he was born?
(a) Mother 30; Father 50
(b) Mother 40; Father 49
(c) Mother 50; Father 30
(d) Mother 48; Father 42
4. Where would Graves and his men go when German artillery was close?
(a) Abandoned buildings
(b) Train cars
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes how Graves found climbing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What new so-called accessory was planned to be released upon the German lines?
2. Where was Graves dispatched to join a unit destined for combat in France?
3. To what rank was Graves gazetted during Chapter 16?
4. After the Great War, what did Graves insist he was as far as his heritage was concerned?
5. What did Graves do that impressed his superior officer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What factors does Graves indicate have led to the waning of religious feeling among the soldiers?
2. Why did it bother Graves greatly when England became more and more anti-German?
3. Describe how Graves found his experiences climbing with George Mallory.
4. Describe who Graves' paternal grandfather was and what his importance was within society.
5. In what way did Graves describe the constant flow of troops in his regiment and how did the constant change affect morale?
6. What happened to the English soldiers during the summer of 1915 as described by Graves?
7. Why does Graves prefer the Fricourt trenches to the trenches he has been in in the past?
8. What was Graves' opinion related to Mallory and the climb up Mount Everest?
9. How did Graves spend his time at the Harfleur 'Bull Ring'?
10. How does Graves recall the time he spent in Germany with his relatives during the summers of his childhood?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)