|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following places was Graves not billeted?
(a) Cuinchy Brick Stacks
2. Where did Graves and some others go to rescue survivors after the battle of Loo?
(a) Barbed wire area
(c) No Man's Land
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes how Graves found climbing?
4. Which of the following is the best definition for the term billeted as Graves would use it ?
(a) Accommodations for service people
(b) Moved from the front of the fighting to the rear
(c) Piece of wood used in battle
(d) Unfinished battle
5. How did Graves choose to think of Dick after reading the newspaper article about him?
(b) In jail
(c) As a deviant
Short Answer Questions
1. What color were the ribbons the Royal Welch Fusiliers wore on the back of their dress tunics?
2. What were many of the students at Charterhouse impressed with in regards to Graves?
3. In what sport did Graves win a first place prize?
4. Which of the following classes of people ranked lowest within the social code that Graves describes?
5. At what age did Robert stop being fervant about his religious studies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the English soldiers during the summer of 1915 as described by Graves?
2. How did Amalie von Ranke inherit a considerable amount of money and what did she do with that fortune?
3. Describe how Graves found his experiences climbing with George Mallory.
4. Why does Graves think that the 'trench feet' was a result of low morale?
5. In what way does Graves explain the concept of relative risk which evolved by the combatants in the trenches?
6. How does Graves recall the time he spent in Germany with his relatives during the summers of his childhood?
7. What happened just hours before the gas offensive which caused great confusion and horrible casualties among the British forces?
8. Describe in what way Graves' regiment was known throughout the English Army and what battles they participated in?
9. How did Robert Graves and his friend, Nevill Barbour, feel about their time in public schools?
10. How did Graves become aware of the class distinctions and how did he view them during this time?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)