|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Graves use to describe death during the summer of 1915?
2. From what did Graves resign during his final year at school?
(a) The Carthusian
(c) Officers' Training Corps
(d) Boxing club
3. How did Graves choose to think of Dick after reading the newspaper article about him?
(a) In jail
(c) As a deviant
4. Which of the following did Graves indicate was not rampant among the officers?
5. How many children did Amalie give birth to with Alfred?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Amalie von Ranke want to perform while traveling?
2. Which of the following classes of people ranked lowest within the social code that Graves describes?
3. Which of the following people did Graves meet during his final year in school who was also a famous mountaineer?
4. Which of the following best describes Graves' skills at sports?
5. Why was the Royal Welch Fusiliers regiment not disgraced when they surrendered at Yorktown?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Graves explain the concept of relative risk which evolved by the combatants in the trenches?
2. How were Graves and his siblings raised and what was the system they were raised under?
3. What would the English soldiers do before a mass attack which some could find grisly, but the soldiers felt necessary to help the survivors?
4. How did Amalie von Ranke inherit a considerable amount of money and what did she do with that fortune?
5. How did Robert Graves and his friend, Nevill Barbour, feel about their time in public schools?
6. What factors does Graves indicate have led to the waning of religious feeling among the soldiers?
7. Describe who Graves' paternal grandfather was and what his importance was within society.
8. How did Graves describe the men of the Welsh Regiment personally and as soldiers and how did this make Graves feel?
9. What happened with Graves' relationship with Dick?
10. What happened just hours before the gas offensive which caused great confusion and horrible casualties among the British forces?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)