|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Graves go on leave during Chapter 15?
2. Where did Graves spend at least five of his summers while he was a child?
3. What did Graves and his fellow officers argue the merits of?
(a) Nationality drills
(b) Parade-ground drill
(c) Purposing of conducting lectures
(d) Religious beliefs
4. How did most of the students at Charterhouse feel about the war with Germany?
5. What was the age range of the men in Graves' platoon of Welshmen?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where would Graves and his men go when German artillery was close?
2. With whom did Graves develop an amorous, but not physically erotic, relationship?
3. In what year was Graves born?
4. How long after Graves finished school at Charterhouse did it take before England declared war on Germany?
5. What injury did Graves suffer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened with Graves' relationship with Dick?
2. How did Amalie von Ranke inherit a considerable amount of money and what did she do with that fortune?
3. What was Graves' opinion related to Mallory and the climb up Mount Everest?
4. What is unique and different beginning with Chapter 12 and how has it been changed from its original format?
5. Describe how Graves found his experiences climbing with George Mallory.
6. In what way did Graves describe the constant flow of troops in his regiment and how did the constant change affect morale?
7. How did Graves describe the men of the Welsh Regiment personally and as soldiers and how did this make Graves feel?
8. How were Graves and his siblings raised and what was the system they were raised under?
9. How did Graves spend his time at the Harfleur 'Bull Ring'?
10. Why does Graves think that the 'trench feet' was a result of low morale?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)