|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of disorder did Graves develop?
(a) Nervous disorders
2. What did Graves pretend he was in the tiny cottage during his recovery?
3. What degree did Graves receive when he completed his time at Oxford?
4. Into what language were all of Graves' lectures, handouts and examinations translated?
5. In what year did the Spanish Civil War begin?
6. How did Graves consider the war?
(a) Evil and pointless
(b) Understandable and necessary
(c) Clear and well run
(d) A brave effort
7. What was the sentiment at Oxford in regard to the war?
(a) Anti- German
8. How old was Graves in 1916?
9. Where was Graves sent by a strange accident of military orders?
10. What does the term execrable mean as it is used in the following sentence?
Graves found the standard of academia execrable
11. Which of the following terms did Graves use to describe England?
12. Which of the following terms did Graves use to describe military justice?
13. With which of the following literary figures did Graves develop a deep and sincere friendship?
14. What nickname was Siegfried Sassoon given?
(a) Silly Siegfried
(b) Mad Max
(c) Mad Jack
(d) Insane Jack
15. How did Graves feel about eighteenth century poetry?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month did Graves pass medical inspection to be able to return to battle?
2. What did Graves and Sassoon spend many hours together doing?
3. In what country did Graves live during World War II?
4. Why did the troops treat Graves with a chilly reception?
5. How did Nancy Nicholson see all social problems?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)