|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in Cairo, what did Graves act as?
(a) Dean of Students
(b) President of the University
(c) Commander of the University
(d) Examiner for the diploma class of the Higher Training College
2. What did Graves pretend he was in the tiny cottage during his recovery?
3. What sport does Graves take up?
4. Where did the doctor advise Nancy that she should live for health reasons?
5. When were Graves and Nicholson married?
(a) March 1917
(b) February 1919
(c) January 1918
(d) April 1918
6. Where did Graves move toward the end of Chapter 28?
(b) Townhouse in the city
(c) Back to Germany with his relatives
(d) Village house that he rented from his mother
7. When was Graves' first son born?
(a) June 1921
(b) March 1920
(c) May 1919
(d) April 1918
8. Where was Graves sent by a strange accident of military orders?
9. How many children did Graves have with his second wife?
10. What group recruited Sassoon into its cause?
(a) Pro-war patriots
(b) German sympathizers
(c) Literary writers
(d) Anti-war pacifists
11. What type of disorder did Graves develop?
(a) Nervous disorders
12. Where was Graves sent to a hospital to receive treatment?
13. To whom did Lawrence introduce Graves?
(a) John Masefield
(b) Thomas Hardy
(c) Ezra Pound
(d) Robert Nichols
14. In what city did Graves rejoin the war?
15. How did Nancy Nicholson see all social problems?
(a) Caused by the war
(b) To be solved by men
(c) The fault of religion
(d) In terms of women's rights
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Graves' second child born?
2. What was Graves plagued by as he entered school at Oxford?
3. What illness did Graves develop after a few weeks at his new assignment?
4. Why did Graves' commanding officer refuse to honor his request to resign his commission?
5. Which genre did Graves write the most poetry in?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)