|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Graves have?
2. Where was Graves assigned since he was unable to return to combat?
(b) Draft office
(d) Media relations
3. What position did Graves hold at Oswestry?
(a) Overseeing transfers
(b) Training men
(c) Building weapons
(d) Identifying corpses
4. How old was Graves in 1916?
5. Which of the following terms did Graves use to describe England?
6. What present day term is equivalent to what Graves refers to as neurasthenia and illusion?
(c) Shell-shock with flashbacks
7. What was the sentiment at Oxford in regard to the war?
(a) Anti- German
8. Which genre did Graves write the most poetry in?
9. Where was Graves stationed after his first child was born?
10. In late July during the barrage of artillery fire that Graves' company experienced, about how many of his men were killed instantly?
(a) Two thirds
(b) One half
(c) One third
(d) Three fourths
11. Where was Graves sent by a strange accident of military orders?
12. What did Graves pretend he was in the tiny cottage during his recovery?
13. Who does Graves routinely help out?
(a) Drug addicts
(b) Homeless ex-soldiers
(c) Tutoring students
(d) Struggling writers
14. How many children did Graves have with his second wife?
15. What was Sassoon treated for at Craiglockhart War Hospital?
(c) Bullet wounds
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease do Graves' children contract for which they receive only indifferent medical attention?
2. Which of the following terms did Graves use to describe military justice?
3. How did Graves feel about eighteenth century poetry?
4. What did Graves find displayed everywhere in England?
5. In what country did Graves live during World War II?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)