|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country did Graves live during World War II?
(d) United States
2. What nickname was Siegfried Sassoon given?
(a) Mad Max
(b) Silly Siegfried
(c) Insane Jack
(d) Mad Jack
3. Socially, England became anti which nationality?
4. What did Graves pretend he was in the tiny cottage during his recovery?
5. What happened to deserters?
(a) Sent to the front lines
(b) Rarely found
(d) Life in prison
6. How did Graves and Sassoon communicate?
(a) Through military channels
(d) They did not
7. Where did the doctor advise Nancy that she should live for health reasons?
8. How long did Graves go untreated?
(a) 3 days
(b) 24 hours
(c) 12 hours
(d) 2 days
9. Why did the troops treat Graves with a chilly reception?
(a) The fact that he had time away from the war
(b) His rank
(c) German middle name
(d) His wealth
10. What disease do Graves' children contract for which they receive only indifferent medical attention?
11. How did Graves feel about the war rationing of food?
(a) He was often hungry
(b) He felt there was abundant food
(c) He wrote poems and letters to the editor saying it was wrong
(d) He stole to get more credits
12. How many of Graves' children joined the Armed Forces during World War II?
13. How did Sassoon announce his intention to refuse further service?
14. Why did the police change the rules about soldiers convalescing at their personal homes?
(a) They armed forces were short handed
(b) Many did not return
(c) Homes were destroyed
(d) It was too costly to travel
15. What did Graves find displayed everywhere in England?
(a) German support
(b) Anti-war sentiments
(d) Names of the injured and dead
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Graves find the politics of school life?
2. What group recruited Sassoon into its cause?
3. How did Nancy Nicholson see all social problems?
4. At what university did Graves secure a position?
5. Who does Graves routinely help out?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)