|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms did Graves use to describe military justice?
2. How many children did Graves have with his second wife?
3. Who tutored Graves during his latter years at Oxford?
(a) T S Eliot
(b) Walter de la Mare
(c) W H Davies
(d) Sir Walter Raleigh
4. How did Graves describe a proposed assault that was called off?
(a) Good planning
(b) A mistake
(d) Well laid out
5. What happened to Graves as he completed his work as a drill and musketry instructor?
(a) He was demoted
(b) He spoke of anti-war sentiments and was hurt
(c) He was killed
(d) He worked too hard and collapsed
6. When was Graves' first son born?
(a) March 1920
(b) April 1918
(c) May 1919
(d) June 1921
7. What disease do Graves' children contract for which they receive only indifferent medical attention?
8. Which of the following terms did Graves use to describe England?
9. What present day term is equivalent to what Graves refers to as neurasthenia and illusion?
(c) Shell-shock with flashbacks
10. In what year was the epilogue added to this novel?
11. Which of the following characters opened a shop for about six months and did a brisk business in groceries and goods?
12. How did Graves and Sassoon describe the English media's portrayal of the war?
(d) Over dramatic
13. At what university did Graves secure a position?
(c) Royal Egyptian University of Cairo
(d) University of London
14. Who continues to live with Graves?
(c) His father
15. How did Nancy Nicholson see all social problems?
(a) The fault of religion
(b) To be solved by men
(c) In terms of women's rights
(d) Caused by the war
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Graves stationed after his first child was born?
2. How did Graves consider the war?
3. Where did Graves move toward the end of Chapter 28?
4. Who refused to allow Graves to rejoin combat?
5. What was Sassoon treated for at Craiglockhart War Hospital?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)