|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following literary figures was not one of friendships Graves made while at Oxford?
2. Sassoon's political views could best be described as?
3. Why did the police change the rules about soldiers convalescing at their personal homes?
(a) It was too costly to travel
(b) Homes were destroyed
(c) They armed forces were short handed
(d) Many did not return
4. In what year was the epilogue added to this novel?
5. Who continues to live with Graves?
(d) His father
6. Where did the ship stop on the way to Egypt?
7. In what year was Graves' second child born?
8. In late July during the barrage of artillery fire that Graves' company experienced, about how many of his men were killed instantly?
(a) One third
(b) One half
(c) Three fourths
(d) Two thirds
9. Where was Graves assigned since he was unable to return to combat?
(b) Media relations
(d) Draft office
10. When were Graves and Nicholson married?
(a) April 1918
(b) March 1917
(c) February 1919
(d) January 1918
11. Which genre did Graves write the most poetry in?
12. What did Graves purchase during his recovery period?
(a) Boat ticket to America
13. How old was Graves in 1916?
14. How many of Graves' children joined the Armed Forces during World War II?
15. Where was Graves sent by a strange accident of military orders?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Graves re-enter active duty after he recuperated?
2. What sport does Graves take up?
3. What was the last year Graves attended Oxford?
4. While in Cairo, what did Graves act as?
5. What happened to Graves as he completed his work as a drill and musketry instructor?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)