|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What degree did Graves receive when he completed his time at Oxford?
2. Sassoon's political views could best be described as?
3. Which of the following literary figures was not one of friendships Graves made while at Oxford?
4. Where was Graves stationed after his first child was born?
5. Who visited Graves on the ship before he departed for Egypt?
6. Which of the following parts was not injured on Graves?
7. Why did the troops treat Graves with a chilly reception?
(a) The fact that he had time away from the war
(b) His wealth
(c) His rank
(d) German middle name
8. Which of the following terms did Graves use to describe military justice?
9. Where did Graves move toward the end of Chapter 28?
(a) Townhouse in the city
(c) Village house that he rented from his mother
(d) Back to Germany with his relatives
10. In what year was Graves' second child born?
11. What did Graves do after he left the service?
(a) Stayed home with his daughter
(b) Went into the theatre
(c) Became a student at Oxford
(d) Moved to America
12. How did Graves describe the enrollment at Oxford in October of 1919?
(b) Nearly deserted
(c) Surprisingly busy
13. What disease do Graves' children contract for which they receive only indifferent medical attention?
14. What sport does Graves take up?
15. With which of the following literary figures did Graves develop a deep and sincere friendship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Graves become obsessed with happening?
2. How many of Graves' children joined the Armed Forces during World War II?
3. What did Lawrence personally refuse to do in regard to his books?
4. What group recruited Sassoon into its cause?
5. How did Graves and Sassoon communicate?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)