|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which terms best describe the type of men which made up the Welsh Regiment?
(a) Desired to be commanded
(c) Independent thinkers
2. In what sport did Graves win a first place prize?
3. What was issued in preparation for the Somme?
(a) New gas masks
(b) New mortars
(c) New rifles
(d) New bullets
4. What were the English exultant to receive their first shipment of?
(a) New weapons of great destruction
(c) Stokes' Mortars
(d) Mortar shells
5. With which of the following literary figures did Graves develop a deep and sincere friendship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What present day term is equivalent to what Graves refers to as neurasthenia and illusion?
2. Where was Graves sent to a hospital to receive treatment?
3. What illness did Graves develop after a few weeks at his new assignment?
4. Socially, England became anti which nationality?
5. How long did Graves spend in basic training?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)