|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were Graves' clothing and possessions considered second-rate?
(a) His parents did not provide pocket money
(b) Graves kept money for other things he wanted to do rather than to buy clothing
(c) His parents were not wealthy
(d) Graves did not care about his appearance
2. How did Graves describe the religious feeling among the soldiers?
(c) Surprisingly resilient
(d) Slipping, but still present
3. Where did Graves and some others go to rescue survivors after the battle of Loo?
(b) Barbed wire area
(c) No Man's Land
4. How many Special Reservists was Graves in charge of in Lancaster?
5. Where would Graves and his men go when German artillery was close?
(a) Abandoned buildings
(b) Train cars
Short Answer Questions
1. What did many of the English soldiers do routinely before a mass attack?
2. In late July during the barrage of artillery fire that Graves' company experienced, about how many of his men were killed instantly?
3. How old was Graves in 1916?
4. Where did Graves move toward the end of Chapter 28?
5. What position did Graves hold during his final year at Charterhouse?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)