|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Amalie von Ranke want to perform while traveling?
(a) Writing travel brochures
(b) Humanitarian services
(c) Sight seeing
(d) Finding a husband
2. Why were Graves' clothing and possessions considered second-rate?
(a) His parents did not provide pocket money
(b) His parents were not wealthy
(c) Graves kept money for other things he wanted to do rather than to buy clothing
(d) Graves did not care about his appearance
3. How many Special Reservists was Graves in charge of in Lancaster?
4. When was Graves' first son born?
(a) June 1921
(b) April 1918
(c) March 1920
(d) May 1919
5. In late July during the barrage of artillery fire that Graves' company experienced, about how many of his men were killed instantly?
(a) Three fourths
(b) Two thirds
(c) One half
(d) One third
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following people did Graves meet during his final year in school who was also a famous mountaineer?
2. How long was Graves in Harfleur 'Bull Ring'?
3. Where was Graves dispatched to join a unit destined for combat in France?
4. How did Graves describe the religious feeling among the soldiers?
5. How old was Graves in 1916?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)