|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Graves as he completed his work as a drill and musketry instructor?
(a) He was demoted
(b) He spoke of anti-war sentiments and was hurt
(c) He was killed
(d) He worked too hard and collapsed
2. What position did Graves hold at Oswestry?
(a) Overseeing transfers
(b) Building weapons
(c) Training men
(d) Identifying corpses
3. How did Graves describe a proposed assault that was called off?
(a) Well laid out
(c) A mistake
(d) Good planning
4. In what year was the armistice announced?
5. What was the age range of the men in Graves' platoon of Welshmen?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the police change the rules about soldiers convalescing at their personal homes?
2. During which months does Chapter 13 generally take place?
3. Which of the following characters opened a shop for about six months and did a brisk business in groceries and goods?
4. What illness did Graves develop after a few weeks at his new assignment?
5. How did Graves steady his nerves when he felt nervous during the Battle of Loo?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)