|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Graves become obsessed with happening?
(a) Idea of being sent back to the trenches
(b) Idea of a gas attack
(c) Idea of peace
(d) Idea of becoming a poet
2. What did many of the English soldiers do routinely before a mass attack?
(a) Pool their cash into a sweepstakes
(b) Go into town to have a party
(c) Drink heavily
(d) Read and prayer together as a group
3. What did Lawrence personally refuse to do in regard to his books?
(a) Use the money to support others
(b) Share it with any publishers
(c) Write about his experiences
(d) Profit from his war-time experience
4. How did Graves describe the religious feeling among the soldiers?
(a) Surprisingly resilient
(c) Slipping, but still present
5. How long did Graves spend in basic training?
(a) Two months
(b) One week
(c) Three weeks
(d) Three months
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition for the term billeted as Graves would use it ?
2. In August of 1915, where was a major offensive planned?
3. In what month did Graves rejoin the 1st battalion?
4. From what did Graves resign during his final year at school?
5. What disgusted Graves that was a somewhat common practice among the students at Charterhouse?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)