|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does it mean to serially publish a book?
(b) Without help
(c) With support
2. How did Graves describe the enrollment at Oxford in October of 1919?
(a) Nearly deserted
(d) Surprisingly busy
3. What did Lawrence personally refuse to do in regard to his books?
(a) Use the money to support others
(b) Share it with any publishers
(c) Profit from his war-time experience
(d) Write about his experiences
4. What was issued in preparation for the Somme?
(a) New mortars
(b) New gas masks
(c) New bullets
(d) New rifles
5. How long did Graves spend in basic training?
(a) Two months
(b) One week
(c) Three months
(d) Three weeks
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Graves indicate Chapter 12 was originally written?
2. When were Graves and Nicholson married?
3. How did Graves steady his nerves when he felt nervous during the Battle of Loo?
4. What disgusted Graves that was a somewhat common practice among the students at Charterhouse?
5. Which of the following is the best definition for the term desultory as used to describe German shelling?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)