|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Graves sent starting at age six?
(a) Preparatory school
2. Where would Graves and his men go when German artillery was close?
(a) Abandoned buildings
(c) Train cars
3. Where was Graves dispatched to join a unit destined for combat in France?
4. What happened to nearly all of Graves' relatives who fought in the German armed forces?
(a) Defected to England
(b) Went AWOL
(c) Killed in action
(d) Were war heros
5. What was the age range of the men in Graves' platoon of Welshmen?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition for the term desultory as used to describe German shelling?
2. In what sport did Graves win a first place prize?
3. Which terms best describe the type of men which made up the Welsh Regiment?
4. How did most of the students at Charterhouse feel about the war with Germany?
5. In what year did Graves indicate Chapter 12 was originally written?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)