|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sport did Graves take up to help him be left alone by school bullies?
2. Which of the following best describes Graves' skills at sports?
3. Which of the following people did Graves meet during his final year in school who was also a famous mountaineer?
(a) George Mallory
(b) Dick Snowdon
(c) Nevill Barbour
(d) Raymond Rodakowski
4. How long after Graves finished school at Charterhouse did it take before England declared war on Germany?
(a) One month
(b) One week
(c) Two weeks
(d) Two days
5. Why were Graves' clothing and possessions considered second-rate?
(a) Graves kept money for other things he wanted to do rather than to buy clothing
(b) His parents were not wealthy
(c) His parents did not provide pocket money
(d) Graves did not care about his appearance
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Graves dispatched to join a unit destined for combat in France?
2. What disgusted Graves that was a somewhat common practice among the students at Charterhouse?
3. What did Amalie von Ranke want to perform while traveling?
4. What was the age range of the men in Graves' platoon of Welshmen?
5. How many Special Reservists was Graves in charge of in Lancaster?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)