|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Graves do that impressed his superior officer?
(a) Organized his troops well
(b) Showed exlempary guarding duties
(c) Competed well in a local boxing match
(d) Spoke German fluently
2. Which terms best describe the type of men which made up the Welsh Regiment?
(a) Independent thinkers
(b) Desired to be commanded
3. Which of the following best describes Graves' experience at Charterhouse?
(c) Intellectually stimulating
4. How did most of the students at Charterhouse feel about the war with Germany?
5. How many children did Amalie give birth to with Alfred?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after Graves finished school at Charterhouse did it take before England declared war on Germany?
2. Which of the following best describes Graves' skills at sports?
3. What was the age range of the men in Graves' platoon of Welshmen?
4. Where would Graves and his men go when German artillery was close?
5. In what year did Graves indicate Chapter 12 was originally written?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)