|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sport did Graves take up to help him be left alone by school bullies?
2. In what sport did Graves win a first place prize?
3. Why were Graves' clothing and possessions considered second-rate?
(a) Graves kept money for other things he wanted to do rather than to buy clothing
(b) His parents were not wealthy
(c) His parents did not provide pocket money
(d) Graves did not care about his appearance
4. What disgusted Graves that was a somewhat common practice among the students at Charterhouse?
(d) Hatred of all things German
5. How long did Graves spend in basic training?
(a) Three months
(b) Two months
(c) One week
(d) Three weeks
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Amalie von Ranke want to perform while traveling?
2. What happened to nearly all of Graves' relatives who fought in the German armed forces?
3. How many Special Reservists was Graves in charge of in Lancaster?
4. What were many of the students at Charterhouse impressed with in regards to Graves?
5. What was the age range of the men in Graves' platoon of Welshmen?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)