|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the man giving directions stunned when Crowley shows up?
2. What is Mr. Baddicombe's occupation?
3. Who is the Chairman of the Lower Tadfield Resident's Association?
4. When examined after her death, what was Agnes Nutter found to have in her pockets?
5. Who is known as the Witchfinder Army's greatest failure?
Short Essay Questions
1. Anathema is prepared for Newt's visit. What has she laid out to be ready for his arrival?
2. What does Adam confess to the Metatron that he just doesn't understand?
3. When Adam turns to see Madame Tracy at the air base, who else does Adam see?
4. The Hell's Angels in the cafe go over to the Four Horsemen to question if they are real Hell's Angels. In doing so, Big Ted mentions the one main thing that Hell's Angels can't abide. What is that one thing?
5. According to Anathema, why is Agnes the worst prophetess that ever lived?
6. When the Them finally discusses what life would be like without Greasy and his gang in Tadfield, what is their verdict?
7. Adam and the Them continue past Tyler to the air base, but the Them do not take the same route as the Four Horsemen take. Why not?
8. What is the task assigned to Shadwell while he is sitting in Madame Tracy's kitchen?
9. How does Anathema know that Newt is a Witchfinder?
10. Describe the contents of the International Express package delivered to Chalky.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Crawley changes his name at the beginning of the story, because he feels his original name does not reflect his true character. Please explore the theme of a name as an identity throughout Good Omens. Do the names assigned to characters seem appropriate to their personalities or actions? Do all characters accept their name? For those who change their name, what is their motivation to do so?
Essay Topic 2
When Adam and Eve are banished from the Garden of Eden, their departure has significant consequences on many levels. Please discuss what these consequences are, which characters are affected, and which character is most prominently affected. How is that character's life changed?
Essay Topic 3
On the night that the Antichrist is born, there is a slight mix-up at the hospital that has potential world-changing implications. Please describe why the switch was unsuccessful, what could have been done differently to assure that it was successful, and how the story would be different if the switch had been successful.
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)