|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When asked by Crawley about the gift Arizaphale gave to Adam and Eve, how does Arizaphale look?
2. What is the name of the serpent talking to the angel?
3. Where does Anathema tell Arizaphale and Crowley to go?
4. What does Anathema lose?
5. When Anathema is tracking the ley-lines and they show a spiral shape, where does the spiral roughly center?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the babies get mixed up based on the Sister's act?
2. When the combatants realize they have live ammunition, they keep playing their war game. This does not upset Crowley. Why?
3. What does Anathema find unique about Adam?
4. Why does the location of the forbidden tree puzzle Crawley?
5. Crowley loves his car. What is one of the perks of being a demon in regards to his car?
6. Why is Crawley thinking of changing his name?
7. How do the babies get mixed up based on Crowley's information?
8. What is Newton Pulsifer's job in the Witchfinder Army?
9. Why does Arizaphale give the flaming sword to the couple?
10. Why were Arizaphale and Crowley fired upon when they reached Tadfield Manor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It's clear that Arizaphale and Crowley are unique characters.
a. How is Arizaphale different from the other angels? Give three examples.
b. How is Crowley different from the other demons? Give three examples.
c. How do their differences give them unique insight into the coming problems of Armageddon?
Essay Topic 2
What is "New Aquarians"?
a. What role does "New Aquarians" play in the plot development of the story?
b. Which character does "New Aquarians" affect, and how is the character affected?
Essay Topic 3
Agnes Nutter is a character that we learn about only through tales of the past and her prophecies. Why does the author include Agnes Nutter in the story? What purpose does her presence serve? How is the plot furthered by her inclusion? How would the story be different if her character was never introduced?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)