|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the story opens, where are Adam and Eve?
2. Where does Anathema tell Arizaphale and Crowley to go?
3. As a result of Scarlett's activities in Kumbolaland, how many people die?
4. Which of the Four Horsemen is utterly unmemorable?
5. What does Crowley think will happen if the angels win?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the babies get mixed up based on the Sister's act?
2. Mary Hodges remembers two things about the Son of Satan when he was born at the hospital. What are those two things?
3. Crowley used to be an angel. What happened?
4. What does Anathema find unique about Adam?
5. What is Newton Pulsifer's job in the Witchfinder Army?
6. Why does Arizaphale think the impending thunderstorm is a suitable punishment?
7. Describe how CHOW and MEALS are different?
8. Where does the Chattering Order of Saint Beryl get its name?
9. What does Crowley realize about that fateful day at the hospital eleven years earlier?
10. Why do most witchcraft books say that witches work naked?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A person's name not only helps the child form their identity, but gives a name by which they are known. In the story, which characters seem to have the most appropriate names? Explain your reasoning. Did the characters live up to the expectations associated with their names? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Arizaphale and Crowley decide to intervene in human affairs in order to stop Armageddon from coming. Please explain why and how Arizaphale and Crowley decide to intervene to stop Armageddon from coming. What was their motivation for doing do? What was their plan to thwart the end of the world? Were they successful in thwarting Armageddon? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
All of the events which end up thwarting the coming Armageddon take place at the air base take place on a Saturday night.
a. What happens on Sunday morning?
b. Describe the reactions of the previous night's events for the following characters: Adam, the Them, Shadwell, and Anathema.
c. How will the thwarted Armageddon impact the four characters' remaining days? Explain your answers.
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)