|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event marked the end of the serious witch-hunting craze in England?
(a) Crowley's fall from heaven.
(b) Agnes Nutter's death.
(c) The Salem Witch Trials.
(d) World War II.
2. What is Mr. Baddicombe's occupation?
(a) Mr. Baddicombe is a witchfinder.
(b) Mr. Baddicombe is a lawyer.
(c) Mr. Baddicombe is a doctor.
(d) Mr. Baddicombe is an investigator.
3. Where is the International Express delivery on the last day of the world made?
(a) At the ocean's edge.
(b) In the back of a saloon.
(c) In a corn field.
(d) On the banks of a river.
4. What does Shadwell learn in Madame Tracy's kitchen?
(a) Shadwell learns that Armageddon will be thwarted by angelic forces.
(b) Shadwell learns the Antichrist is alive and bringing forth Armageddon.
(c) Shadwell learns that the Antichrist will be born that same night.
(d) Shadwell learns that Madame Tracy is channeling the Antichrist.
5. Who is expecting Newt to arrive in Tadfield?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the story, who meets in St. James' Park?
2. The four friends in the quarry discuss what Tadfield would be like without Greasy Johnson and the Johnsonites in the picture. What does Brian think life would be like?
3. Why is the man giving directions stunned when Crowley shows up?
4. What did Newt encounter while traveling on the road to Tadfield?
5. Who is a passenger on a 747 returning to the United States from the Middle East?
Short Essay Questions
1. While working with Shadwell, what piece of information does Newt never learn?
2. How is Shadwell finally persuaded to take on his assignment?
3. According to the Metatron, what is the point of Armageddon?
4. What is the Metatron's reasoning for why Armageddon should happen?
5. The Chairman of the Lower Tadfield Resident's Association sees the world in black and white. What does he feel is his duty in regard to his moral conviction?
6. Why do the Witchfinders carry pins?
7. How does Anathema know that Newt is a Witchfinder?
8. The Hell's Angels in the cafe go over to the Four Horsemen to question if they are real Hell's Angels. In doing so, Big Ted mentions the one main thing that Hell's Angels can't abide. What is that one thing?
9. Adam and the Them continue past Tyler to the air base, but the Them do not take the same route as the Four Horsemen take. Why not?
10. When Death confronts the deliveryman, what does Death tell him?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)