|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Madame Tracy is contacting the Other Side, how long does she let her paying customers sit in silence before she begins speaking?
(a) Thirty seconds.
(b) Five minutes.
(c) Sixty seconds.
(d) Two minutes.
2. The four friends in the quarry discuss what Tadfield would be like without Greasy Johnson and the Johnsonites in the picture. What does Brian think life would be like?
(a) Brian thinks life without Greasy would be brilliant.
(b) Brian thinks life without Greasy would be safe.
(c) Brian thinks life without Greasy would be boring.
(d) Brian thinks life without Greasy would be challenging.
3. Who are the first people to arrive at the air base?
(a) The Four Horsemen.
(b) Adam and the Them.
(c) Anathema and Newt.
(d) Greasy Johnson and the Johnsonites.
4. During the clean up on the air base, the sword cannot initially be found. Where is the sword?
(a) Beezlebub stole the sword.
(b) Crowley hid the sword.
(c) The Metatron destroyed the sword.
(d) Arizaphale is sitting on the sword.
5. At the end of the story, who meets in St. James' Park?
(a) Newt and Shadwell.
(b) Arizaphale and Crowley.
(c) Pepper and Brian.
(d) Adam and Anathema.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event marked the end of the serious witch-hunting craze in England?
2. While Adam and the Them are waiting out the storm in the quarry, what is the dog thinking he's going to miss when the dog returns to Hell?
3. Why is the man giving directions stunned when Crowley shows up?
4. How was Sergeant Deisenburger wounded in Vietnam?
5. When examined after her death, what was Agnes Nutter found to have in her pockets?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the contents of the International Express package delivered to Chalky.
2. What does the tall biker tell the Trivial Pursuit player in the cafe?
3. The Chairman of the Lower Tadfield Resident's Association sees the world in black and white. What does he feel is his duty in regard to his moral conviction?
4. What does Adam tell the Them that they will need to have once they enter the air base?
5. What is the Metatron's reasoning for why Armageddon should happen?
6. According to Anathema, why is Agnes the worst prophetess that ever lived?
7. When the Them finally discusses what life would be like without Greasy and his gang in Tadfield, what is their verdict?
8. What is the task assigned to Shadwell while he is sitting in Madame Tracy's kitchen?
9. How does Anathema know that Newt is a Witchfinder?
10. When Death confronts the deliveryman, what does Death tell him?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)