|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Anathema tell Arizaphale and Crowley to go?
(a) The hospital.
(b) Her house.
(c) Tadfield Manor.
(d) A tavern.
2. What can a demon really get in trouble for?
(a) Doing the right thing.
(b) Helping other demons complete their missions.
(c) Being lazy.
(d) Not thinking for himself.
3. As the angel and serpent's conversation draws to a close, how has the weather changed?
(a) It is snowing.
(b) It is a dark and stormy night.
(c) It is a nice day.
(d) It is a cold day.
4. Who is Newton Pulsifer?
(a) The Witchfinder Private.
(b) The Witchfinder General.
(c) The Witchfinder Sergeant.
(d) The Witchfinder Corporal.
5. What does the gift from the two demons signify?
(a) A job well done.
(b) A promotion.
(c) The victory of the angels.
(d) The coming of Armageddon.
6. Which of Newt's neighbors holds seances?
(b) Madame Scarlett.
(c) Madame Tracy.
(d) Witchfinder Shadwell.
7. Who is Scarlett's traveling companion while she is in West Africa?
(a) A vulture.
(b) Her sister.
(c) A dog.
(d) Her husband.
8. As the story opens, where are Adam and Eve?
(a) In Eden.
(b) At the tree.
(c) In a cave.
(d) Outside Eden.
9. What do the two demons give to Crowley when they meet in the graveyard?
(a) A scroll.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A drum.
(d) A basket.
10. Who does Crowley meet within the ruined graveyard?
(a) Ligur and Arizaphale.
(b) Hastur and Ligur.
(c) Hastur and Adam.
(d) Arizaphale and Adam.
11. What does Mr. Young insist upon as his wife is about to give birth?
(a) He will be in the delivery room.
(b) He will not be in the delivery room.
(c) The child will be baptized immediately after being born.
(d) The child will be born at their house.
12. What are God's mysterious ways likened to?
(a) An organized calendar.
(b) A road map.
(c) A roulette wheel spin.
(d) A poker game.
13. What was Mary Hodges' former name?
(a) Agnes Nutter.
(b) Sister Mary Loquacious.
(d) Sister Maria Chatterous.
14. When Anathema cannot find the Book on the road where she was hit, what is her only hope?
(a) That the two men won't realize what they have.
(b) That the Book will not fall into the wrong hands.
(c) That the two men won't notice the Book in their car.
(d) That the Book will self-destruct as planned.
15. What does the hell hound's master name him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Arizaphale and Crowley waiting for at the birthday party?
2. in Section 2, who is about to be born?
3. Where does the first discussion between the angel and the serpent take place in the novel?
4. How do Crowley and Arizaphale decide to try to locate the child?
5. How do Arizaphale and Crowley think of themselves in relation to the Antichrist?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)