|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't the choir sing when Tom begins to play?
2. What does Willie discover about his mother in Chapter 18, "Recovery"?
3. At the end of Chapter 17, "the Rescue," where do Tom and Willie sleep?
4. How does Tom get into Mrs. Beech's house?
5. Why does Alec Barnes look embarrassed at carol practice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Geoffrey brought into the novel? How does he help in the healing of Willie?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the relationship of Willie and Sammie from the time that they meet until the end of the story. How is Sammie therapy for Willie?
Essay Topic 3
How does the main setting of the novel affect the storyline?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)