|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willie discover about his mother in Chapter 18, "Recovery"?
2. What separates Carrie from the other girls at the high shool?
3. What is Tom's motto that he expresses once again with Willie when Tom talks about Willie's weak legs?
4. When he comes to her house to visit, what does Mrs. Hartridge do for Willie to help him heal?
5. What does Willie paint on his first day in Mrs. Hartridge's class?
Essay Topic 1
How does the behavior of Mrs. Beech affect all of the main characters of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the people of the city to the people of the countryside in this novel.
Essay Topic 3
Though the reader is never told why Mrs. Beech commits suicide, one can infer as to why. Express your opinion as to why she did and support you answer with specific incidents from the novel.
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)