Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 17, "the Rescue," where do Tom and Willie sleep?
2. Why does Willie wish he had never gone to Weirwold?
3. How does Mrs. Beech first react when she sees Willie at the train station?
4. What has Geoffrey kept of his friend who was killed in the war?
5. What part does Willie decide to take in the play?
Essay Topic 1
How does the main setting of the novel affect the storyline?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the growth of the character of Tom from the beginning of the novel to the end.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Mrs. Beech not recognize her own son when he returns to London? How does she react to the changes? What does she believe brought about the changes? What do the changes say about the way she used to treat her son?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)