|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Tom, Zach, and Willie travel to the fishing village?
2. What is Zach fixing during the whole of Chapter 18, "Recovery"?
3. How does Willie feel after spending the early evening with his mother?
4. Why is George wearing a black armband?
5. Why does Willie get upset when Tom visits him in the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the people of the city to the people of the countryside in this novel.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the parenting of Tom versus Mrs. Beech.
Essay Topic 3
Why do the children love Mrs. Hartridge and how does she affect Willie's life?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)