|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ironic about Miss Thorne's thoughts concerning Willie's stay with Tom?
2. What does the Prime Minister inform the country over the wireless?
3. What upsets Carrie about George?
4. What is the first of Willie's drawings that everyone sees on his birthday?
5. What big gift does Tom give to Willie for his birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Willie's reaction to the squirrel and the dog telling of his character?
2. What astonishing discoveries are made at the library?
3. How does Willie feel about Zach and what indicators are there about the way their friendship will or will not develop?
4. What is the significance of the graveyard?
5. How does Willie feel at the end of the day after going to town?
6. What is the meaning of the title of Chapter 4?
7. What does the reader learn about Tom as he walks through town with Willie in Chapter 2?
8. How does Zach's character add to the story?
9. What is "The Case" that is spoken of in the chapter title, and how does it reveal the differences between Zach and the other children?
10. What changes come over Tom as he takes Willie into town and spends the day with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does WWII play a major role in the goings on of Weirwold?
Essay Topic 2
How does the behavior of Mrs. Beech affect all of the main characters of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
How is Tom Willie's psychiatrist and doctor? How does Tom approach the healing of Willie?
This section contains 1,431 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)