|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Willie doing when George comes to fetch him to bring him to the first carol practice?
2. How does Tom get into Mrs. Beech's house?
(a) He breaks in.
(b) Willie lets him in.
(c) She lets him in.
(d) A group breaks the door down.
3. Where does Willie's mother put him after she beats him?
(a) Tied to a chair.
(b) In his bedroom.
(c) Under the stairs in a closet.
(d) Locked in the kitchen.
4. What happens to Trudy?
(a) She dies.
(b) She goes with her mother.
(c) She is never found.
(d) She is hospitalized.
5. Why does Zach go back to London?
(a) His father has been severly injured.
(b) His parents want him home.
(c) The war is over.
(d) The Little's no longer want him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the psychiatrist recommend for Willie?
2. What does Willie paint on his first day in Mrs. Hartridge's class?
3. When he comes to her house to visit, what does Mrs. Hartridge do for Willie to help him heal?
4. How does Tom get Willie out of the hospital?
5. What happens when Willie reads the part in Robert's absence?
Short Essay Questions
1. Now that Willie has arrived back in London, both he and his mother can see how much he has changed. What changes are there in Willie and how do these changes affect his relationship with his mother?
2. Once again in this novel, two people with tragedy in their lives will come together and help each other heal. In Chapter 20, "Spooky Cott" who does Willie meet and how will their meeting help each of them?
3. Whose points of view are seen throughout Chapter 16, "The Search"? Explain what is seen by each.
4. Once again, there is great suspense. Describe the suspense in Chapter 17, "The Rescue."
5. What has Carrie asked of Mrs. Hartridge that is out of character for a girl of this period, and what might its effects be on the town of Weirwold.
6. Chapter 18, is called "Recovery." Specifically, how does Willie begin to recover, and who helps him do so in this chapter?
7. At first, how does Zach's death affect Wiliie?
8. How has Zach helped Willie discover himself?
9. What does Tom reveal for the first time in "The Show Must Go On"? Why does he reveal it and to whom?
10. How do the psychiatrist and Tom differ in their assessment of Willie's recovery needs?
This section contains 1,827 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)