|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Zach go back to London?
(a) The war is over.
(b) The Little's no longer want him.
(c) His parents want him home.
(d) His father has been severly injured.
2. In the beginning of Chapter 18, "The Recovery," what does Tom recommend Willie do after his nightmare?
(b) Stay quiet.
(c) Go for a run.
(d) Scream loudly.
3. As March comes, what do the children get together to plan?
(a) A visit to Spooky Cott.
(b) A breakfast for Tom.
(c) Another play.
(d) A baby shower for Mrs. Hartridge.
4. Who goes with Tom to London?
(a) Mrs. Fletcher.
5. What does Tom do after carol practice when only he and Willie are in the church?
(a) He admits that he was nervous to play for the choir.
(b) He sings a song that Rachel loved.
(c) He plays a song that Rachel loved.
(d) He admits that the choir is bad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willie learn from talking to Zach's spirit?
2. Why can't Robert play the role of Scrooge?
3. How do Tom, Willie, and Zach find a place to stay in Salmouth?
4. What name does Zach give the town where he, Tom, and Willie are vacationing?
5. What does Carrie wear to school that she has never worn before?
Short Essay Questions
1. At first, how does Zach's death affect Wiliie?
2. By the end of Chapter 19, "The Sea! The Sea! The Sea!," Tom's character has changed from the man that he was before Willie came into his life. How has Tom changed and how is it specifically seen in this chapter?
3. How is Chapter 13, "Carol Singing" a milestone in Tom's life?
4. Now that Willie has arrived back in London, both he and his mother can see how much he has changed. What changes are there in Willie and how do these changes affect his relationship with his mother?
5. Once again, there is great suspense. Describe the suspense in Chapter 17, "The Rescue."
6. How has Zach helped Willie discover himself?
7. In Chapter 15, "Home," what more does the reader learn about Mrs. Beech that has not been revealed before this chapter?
8. Chapter 18, is called "Recovery." Specifically, how does Willie begin to recover, and who helps him do so in this chapter?
9. How is Chapter 16, "The Search" suspenseful?
10. How is Willie similar and different from the boy that Tom met at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 1,676 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)