|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Zach go back to London?
(a) His father has been severly injured.
(b) His parents want him home.
(c) The Little's no longer want him.
(d) The war is over.
2. After finishing the scenery for the Christmas show, what job does Willie next take on?
(a) Line prompter.
(b) Assistant director.
(c) Script blocker.
(d) Costume designer.
3. On one visit to Willie, Zach brings up one subject a few times that disturbs Willie. What is it?
(d) Willie's mother.
4. What is celebrated on September 7th, 1940?
(b) Tom's birthday.
(c) Willie's birthday.
(d) Zach's birthday.
5. What happens when Willie reads the part in Robert's absence?
(a) He sounds monotonous.
(b) He is very silly in his acting.
(c) He stumbles over the words.
(d) He mesmerizes everyone with his ability.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Carrie ask Mrs. Hartridge privately?
2. How does Tom get into Mrs. Beech's house?
3. What does Tom do after carol practice when only he and Willie are in the church?
4. What does Willie decide about the play?
5. What does Willie discover about his mother in Chapter 18, "Recovery"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Chapter 18, is called "Recovery." Specifically, how does Willie begin to recover, and who helps him do so in this chapter?
2. Whose points of view are seen throughout Chapter 16, "The Search"? Explain what is seen by each.
3. How is Chapter 16, "The Search" suspenseful?
4. Once again, there is great suspense. Describe the suspense in Chapter 17, "The Rescue."
5. How do the psychiatrist and Tom differ in their assessment of Willie's recovery needs?
6. In Chapter 14, "New Beginnings," there are a few actual new beginnings. What are they, and what changes will they bring to the lives of the characters?
7. What has Carrie asked of Mrs. Hartridge that is out of character for a girl of this period, and what might its effects be on the town of Weirwold.
8. How has Zach helped Willie discover himself?
9. What kind of a project does Miss Thorne and Geoffrey put together for the first day of school, and how does this project show that these two will make a good team of teachers?
10. By the end of Chapter 19, "The Sea! The Sea! The Sea!," Tom's character has changed from the man that he was before Willie came into his life. How has Tom changed and how is it specifically seen in this chapter?
This section contains 1,796 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)