|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Warden and Glad tell Tom about Mrs. Beech?
(a) She is a good person.
(b) She is a hard worker.
(c) She thinks she is above everyone else.
(d) She beats her child.
2. What is Tom's motto that he expresses once again with Willie when Tom talks about Willie's weak legs?
(a) Everythin' has its own time.
(b) Everythin' will be all right.
(c) Everythin' has a reason.
(d) Everythin' will work out.
3. How do Tom, Zach, and Willie travel to the fishing village?
(a) By train.
(b) By boat.
(c) By bicycle.
(d) By cart.
4. Where does Willie's mother put him after she beats him?
(a) Tied to a chair.
(b) Under the stairs in a closet.
(c) Locked in the kitchen.
(d) In his bedroom.
5. In the beginning of Chapter 18, "The Recovery," what does Tom recommend Willie do after his nightmare?
(a) Scream loudly.
(b) Stay quiet.
(c) Go for a run.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Willie feel after spending the early evening with his mother?
2. What is Spooky Cott?
3. What does Geoffrey decide to do for work?
4. How do Tom, Willie, and Zach find a place to stay in Salmouth?
5. How does Tom get into Mrs. Beech's house?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)