|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After finishing the scenery for the Christmas show, what job does Willie next take on?
(a) Costume designer.
(b) Assistant director.
(c) Line prompter.
(d) Script blocker.
2. Why are three children missing from Mrs. Hartridge's class on Monday in Chapter 14, "New Beginnings"?
(a) They were ill.
(b) They went back to London.
(c) The war.
3. How does Zach feel about Spooky Cott?
(a) He is mesmerized by the music coming from it.
(b) He is afraid.
(c) He is excited to see it.
(d) He is sad to see it occupied.
4. Why does Mrs. Beech beat Willie?
(a) Because he talked back to her.
(b) Because he had presents for her.
(c) Because he has a Jewish friend.
(d) Because he stole.
5. Why does Willie get upset when Tom visits him in the hospital?
(a) Tom does not plan on taking him home.
(b) Tom is not allowed to stay.
(c) Willie tells Tom he does not like the psychiatrist.
(d) Sammy is not with Tom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom do after carol practice when only he and Willie are in the church?
2. What does Tom have a nightmare about after Willie is gone?
3. Why can't Robert play the role of Scrooge?
4. Why does Tom go to see Mrs. Fletcher after his fire-watch duty?
5. What is Tom's motto that he expresses once again with Willie when Tom talks about Willie's weak legs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of a project does Miss Thorne and Geoffrey put together for the first day of school, and how does this project show that these two will make a good team of teachers?
2. How is Chapter 16, "The Search" suspenseful?
3. How has Zach helped Willie discover himself?
4. Chapter 18, is called "Recovery." Specifically, how does Willie begin to recover, and who helps him do so in this chapter?
5. Once again in this novel, two people with tragedy in their lives will come together and help each other heal. In Chapter 20, "Spooky Cott" who does Willie meet and how will their meeting help each of them?
6. Whose points of view are seen throughout Chapter 16, "The Search"? Explain what is seen by each.
7. Once again, there is great suspense. Describe the suspense in Chapter 17, "The Rescue."
8. What does Tom reveal for the first time in "The Show Must Go On"? Why does he reveal it and to whom?
9. In Chapter 15, "Home," what more does the reader learn about Mrs. Beech that has not been revealed before this chapter?
10. How does the war change the lives of those in Weirwold forever in Chapter 21, "Back to School"?
This section contains 1,856 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)