|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On one visit to Willie, Zach brings up one subject a few times that disturbs Willie. What is it?
(b) Willie's mother.
2. What piece of himself does Tom finally share with Willie?
(a) His grief in buying the paints for Willie.
(b) His need for a son.
(c) The loss of his wife and baby.
(d) His struggle to teach Willie to read.
3. What is celebrated on September 7th, 1940?
(b) Zach's birthday.
(c) Willie's birthday.
(d) Tom's birthday.
4. What do the authorities decide to do with Willie when they leave Tom's house?
(a) Take Willie with them back to a home in London.
(b) Leave Willie temporarily with Tom.
(c) Leave Willie permanently with Tom.
(d) Take Willie with them back to his mother.
5. What is in Wilie's arms when they find him under the stair?
(a) The baby.
(b) His paintings.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A picture of Tom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willie decide about the play?
2. Where is Tom taken to his first night in London?
3. How is Tom feeling when Willie arrives at carol practice?
4. What happens when Willie reads the part in Robert's absence?
5. Why are three children missing from Mrs. Hartridge's class on Monday in Chapter 14, "New Beginnings"?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)