|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willie decide about the play?
(a) He will play the role of Bob Crachit.
(b) He will quit.
(c) He will play the role of Scrooge.
(d) He will continue doing what he has been doing.
2. What is Willie able to do in the water almost immediately.
3. What is Spooky Cott?
(a) An old school house.
(b) A cat.
(c) Mrs. Hartridge's home.
(d) A "haunted" cottage.
4. How is Tom feeling when Willie arrives at carol practice?
(a) Sad because Rachel is not there.
(c) Angry because Willie is late.
5. Who goes with Tom to London?
(c) Mrs. Fletcher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carrie wear to school that she has never worn before?
2. What part does Willie decide to take in the play?
3. What news does Mrs. Hartridge share with Willie?
4. What do the authorities decide to do with Willie when they leave Tom's house?
5. Why does Mrs. Beech beat Willie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Chapter 16, "The Search" suspenseful?
2. How is Chapter 13, "Carol Singing" a milestone in Tom's life?
3. What is the relationship between Zach and his parents? Why would the reader question this relationship?
4. At first, how does Zach's death affect Wiliie?
5. What does everyone at the rehearsal discover about Willie? How does this discovery affect him? How is this discovery not surprising?
6. Now that Willie has arrived back in London, both he and his mother can see how much he has changed. What changes are there in Willie and how do these changes affect his relationship with his mother?
7. What kind of a project does Miss Thorne and Geoffrey put together for the first day of school, and how does this project show that these two will make a good team of teachers?
8. How does the choir respond to Mr. Tom on his first night of organ playing for the carol service?
9. Whose points of view are seen throughout Chapter 16, "The Search"? Explain what is seen by each.
10. How does Willie stand up for himself in Chapter 20, "Spooky Cott," and how is this new for him?
This section contains 1,655 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)