|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom have ready in the morning after Willie sleeps in the bed?
(a) Breakfast in bed.
(b) A new mattress.
(c) A tub of hot water.
(d) A new comic book.
2. What does the word mackintosh refer to in chapter 1?
(a) A computer.
(b) An apple.
(c) A jacket.
(d) A brown bag.
3. Why does Willie go to the church to draw?
(a) So God will guide him in his drawings.
(b) It is raining outside.
(c) The church is special to him.
(d) The church is empty.
4. What kind of a character is Mrs. Fletcher?
(a) Kind and sweet.
(b) A gossip.
(c) Mean and nasty.
5. What favor does Tom ask of the librarian?
(a) To choose a book that she thinks appropriate for Willie.
(b) To watch Willie while Tom shops.
(c) To help Willie find picture books.
(d) To let Willie have more than three books.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who greets Willie outside of church after the service ends?
2. What does Charlie Rudder want of Tom?
3. What does George invite Willie to do the day after they build the shelter?
4. What happens at the end of Chapter 2 that makes Willie smile?
5. Why does Tom frown at Mrs. Fletcher in church?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the signs that both Tom and Willie are healing?
2. Why are George's sisters upset with George on the day of the picnic, and what does this say about the way that they think?
3. What astonishing discoveries are made at the library?
4. Throughout Chapter 5, how does Tom show his care for Willie?
5. What changes come over Tom as he takes Willie into town and spends the day with him?
6. How is Willie's reaction to the squirrel and the dog telling of his character?
7. Why is the entrance of the post-office boy suspenseful?
8. What does the reader learn about Tom as he walks through town with Willie in Chapter 2?
9. How does Willie begin to fit in with the children and what affect does this have on him?
10. How has the war begun to affect the villagers?
This section contains 1,542 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)