|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Willie doing when George comes to fetch him to bring him to the first carol practice?
2. What is Tom's motto that he expresses once again with Willie when Tom talks about Willie's weak legs?
(a) Everythin' will be all right.
(b) Everythin' will work out.
(c) Everythin' has a reason.
(d) Everythin' has its own time.
3. Why does Zach go back to London?
(a) His father has been severly injured.
(b) His parents want him home.
(c) The Little's no longer want him.
(d) The war is over.
4. What has Geoffrey kept of his friend who was killed in the war?
(a) A pipe.
(b) A drawing.
(c) A piece of sculpture.
5. What do Geoffrey and Miss Thorne decide on for their first lesson?
(a) An art pfoject.
(b) A poetry project.
(c) A nature project.
(d) A science project.
6. What does Willie discover about his mother in Chapter 18, "Recovery"?
(a) She is a bad person.
(b) She is dead.
(c) She has run away.
(d) She is a liar.
7. How do Tom, Willie, and Zach find a place to stay in Salmouth?
(a) Tom has called ahead to a lodge.
(b) Tom goes knocking on doors.
(c) They sleep under the night sky.
(d) They find an inn with a vacancy.
8. What does Willie learn from talking to Zach's spirit?
(a) That Zach is gone forever.
(b) That God is good.
(c) That he cannot live without Zach.
(d) That Willie is now a whole person.
9. How is Geoffrey physically hurt?
(a) He has lost an ear and an arm.
(b) He has lost an both legs.
(c) He has lost an ear and a leg.
(d) He has lost an arm and a leg.
10. Why does Willie get upset when Tom visits him in the hospital?
(a) Tom does not plan on taking him home.
(b) Willie tells Tom he does not like the psychiatrist.
(c) Sammy is not with Tom.
(d) Tom is not allowed to stay.
11. What has Tom volunteered to do at the end of "The Show Must Go On"?
(a) Cook a big Christmas dinner for the evacuees.
(b) Deliver the mail.
(c) Direct the Christmas show.
(d) Take over the choir and play the organ.
12. What name does Zach give the town where he, Tom, and Willie are vacationing?
(a) Fish town.
(d) Salty mouth.
13. What part does Willie decide to take in the play?
(a) Peter Pan.
(b) Captain Hook.
(c) Mr. Smee.
(d) A lost boy.
14. What question does Carrie ask Mrs. Hartridge privately?
(a) If Carrie can sit next to George.
(b) If Carrie can give her a present for the baby.
(c) If Carrie can take the high school entrance exam.
(d) If Carrie can help Willie with his writing.
15. When he comes to her house to visit, what does Mrs. Hartridge do for Willie to help him heal?
(a) She speaks with him about her husband's death.
(b) She feeds him ginger cake and lemonade.
(c) She holds the baby at arms length from him.
(d) She breastfeeds the baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Tom taken to his first night in London?
2. What does Tom do after carol practice when only he and Willie are in the church?
3. How does Tom get into Mrs. Beech's house?
4. What has become of Mrs. Beech?
5. How does Tom get Willie out of the hospital?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)