|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has become of Mrs. Beech?
(a) She has been sent to jail.
(b) She has been sent to an insane asylum.
(c) She has committed suicide.
(d) She has been sent to a hosptial.
2. What is celebrated on September 7th, 1940?
(a) Zach's birthday.
(c) Willie's birthday.
(d) Tom's birthday.
3. Who goes with Tom to London?
(a) Mrs. Fletcher.
4. What news is Carrie waiting impatiently at the gate to give Zach after his return from the sea?
(a) She has failed the high school entrance exam.
(b) She has passed the high school entrance exam.
(c) Mrs. Hartridge has decided to teach high school.
(d) George will not be attending high school.
5. How does Tom get into Mrs. Beech's house?
(a) He breaks in.
(b) Willie lets him in.
(c) She lets him in.
(d) A group breaks the door down.
6. Why is George wearing a black armband?
(a) His cousin was reported missing, believed dead.
(b) His father was reported missing, believed dead.
(c) He is showing his loyalty to his country.
(d) His brother was reported missing, believed dead.
7. In March, Tom gets a letter from Willie's mother. What does it say?
(a) She wants Willie to stay with Tom because she can't care for him.
(b) She wants Willie home because the war is over.
(c) She wants Willie home because she is sick.
(d) She wants Willie to stay with Tom because the bombing is worse.
8. After finishing the scenery for the Christmas show, what job does Willie next take on?
(a) Line prompter.
(b) Assistant director.
(c) Costume designer.
(d) Script blocker.
9. Why does Willie get upset when Tom visits him in the hospital?
(a) Willie tells Tom he does not like the psychiatrist.
(b) Tom is not allowed to stay.
(c) Tom does not plan on taking him home.
(d) Sammy is not with Tom.
10. What separates Carrie from the other girls at the high shool?
(a) Her accent.
(b) Her desire not to have friends.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Her lack of wealth.
11. What is Willie doing when George comes to fetch him to bring him to the first carol practice?
12. What does Carrie wear to school that she has never worn before?
(a) A new skirt.
(b) A white blouse.
(c) A new blazer.
(d) A necktie.
13. Why are three children missing from Mrs. Hartridge's class on Monday in Chapter 14, "New Beginnings"?
(a) They went back to London.
(c) They were ill.
(d) The war.
14. Why doesn't the choir sing when Tom begins to play?
(a) They don't know the song.
(b) They are frightened of Tom.
(c) They want to hear him play.
(d) They are afraid they will not sound good.
15. Why does Willie wish he had never gone to Weirwold?
(a) Because the people there only pretended to care.
(b) So he would not be such a sinner.
(c) So he would always think his mom was kind and loving.
(d) Because he missed his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Robert play the role of Scrooge?
2. What is Willie able to do in the water almost immediately.
3. What has Tom volunteered to do at the end of "The Show Must Go On"?
4. What surprise is awaiting Willie when he returns to his house in London?
5. What does Willie teach himself to do after Zach dies?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)