|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 17, "the Rescue," where do Tom and Willie sleep?
(a) At Tom's house.
(b) At Doctor Little's house.
(c) At the blacksmith's house.
(d) In the back of Dobb's carriage.
2. Why does Willie wish he had never gone to Weirwold?
(a) So he would always think his mom was kind and loving.
(b) So he would not be such a sinner.
(c) Because he missed his mother.
(d) Because the people there only pretended to care.
3. How does Mrs. Beech first react when she sees Willie at the train station?
(a) She barely recognizes him.
(b) She hugs him.
(c) She cries.
(d) She yells at him.
4. What has Geoffrey kept of his friend who was killed in the war?
(a) A pipe.
(b) A piece of sculpture.
(d) A drawing.
5. What part does Willie decide to take in the play?
(a) Mr. Smee.
(b) A lost boy.
(c) Peter Pan.
(d) Captain Hook.
6. Why doesn't the choir sing when Tom begins to play?
(a) They are afraid they will not sound good.
(b) They want to hear him play.
(c) They are frightened of Tom.
(d) They don't know the song.
7. What does Willie learn from talking to Zach's spirit?
(a) That he cannot live without Zach.
(b) That Zach is gone forever.
(c) That Willie is now a whole person.
(d) That God is good.
8. What does Tom do after carol practice when only he and Willie are in the church?
(a) He plays a song that Rachel loved.
(b) He admits that the choir is bad.
(c) He admits that he was nervous to play for the choir.
(d) He sings a song that Rachel loved.
9. Why are three children missing from Mrs. Hartridge's class on Monday in Chapter 14, "New Beginnings"?
(a) The war.
(b) They were ill.
(d) They went back to London.
10. What is Spooky Cott?
(a) An old school house.
(b) A "haunted" cottage.
(c) Mrs. Hartridge's home.
(d) A cat.
11. What does Tom have a nightmare about after Willie is gone?
(a) Rachel's death.
(b) Bombings in London.
(c) Being locked in a tiny space with no air.
(d) Mrs. Beech.
12. What do Geoffrey and Miss Thorne decide on for their first lesson?
(a) A science project.
(b) An art pfoject.
(c) A poetry project.
(d) A nature project.
13. Why does Zach go back to London?
(a) The Little's no longer want him.
(b) His father has been severly injured.
(c) The war is over.
(d) His parents want him home.
14. How is Tom feeling when Willie arrives at carol practice?
(b) Sad because Rachel is not there.
(c) Angry because Willie is late.
15. Which is NOT one of the reasons that Zach is worried about his parents?
(a) There has been a blitz in London.
(b) He has not received a note from them at the vacation spot.
(c) They are in the middle of a show.
(d) They have new jobs helping with the war effort.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he comes to her house to visit, what does Mrs. Hartridge do for Willie to help him heal?
2. Why does Tom go to see Mrs. Fletcher after his fire-watch duty?
3. What is celebrated on September 7th, 1940?
4. After finishing the scenery for the Christmas show, what job does Willie next take on?
5. How does Zach die?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)