|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Geoffrey physically hurt?
(a) He has lost an ear and a leg.
(b) He has lost an arm and a leg.
(c) He has lost an ear and an arm.
(d) He has lost an both legs.
2. What news is Carrie waiting impatiently at the gate to give Zach after his return from the sea?
(a) She has failed the high school entrance exam.
(b) George will not be attending high school.
(c) Mrs. Hartridge has decided to teach high school.
(d) She has passed the high school entrance exam.
3. What name does Zach give the town where he, Tom, and Willie are vacationing?
(c) Fish town.
(d) Salty mouth.
4. What happens to Trudy?
(a) She is never found.
(b) She is hospitalized.
(c) She goes with her mother.
(d) She dies.
5. How is Tom feeling when Willie arrives at carol practice?
(a) Angry because Willie is late.
(c) Sad because Rachel is not there.
6. What happens when Willie reads the part in Robert's absence?
(a) He sounds monotonous.
(b) He mesmerizes everyone with his ability.
(c) He is very silly in his acting.
(d) He stumbles over the words.
7. How does Zach die?
(a) A train crash on his way to London.
(b) His bus is blown up.
(c) Blitzes in London.
(d) In a fire.
8. What do the authorities decide to do with Willie when they leave Tom's house?
(a) Leave Willie temporarily with Tom.
(b) Leave Willie permanently with Tom.
(c) Take Willie with them back to his mother.
(d) Take Willie with them back to a home in London.
9. Why doesn't the choir sing when Tom begins to play?
(a) They are afraid they will not sound good.
(b) They don't know the song.
(c) They are frightened of Tom.
(d) They want to hear him play.
10. Where does Willie's mother put him after she beats him?
(a) Locked in the kitchen.
(b) In his bedroom.
(c) Under the stairs in a closet.
(d) Tied to a chair.
11. Why is George wearing a black armband?
(a) His father was reported missing, believed dead.
(b) His cousin was reported missing, believed dead.
(c) His brother was reported missing, believed dead.
(d) He is showing his loyalty to his country.
12. In March, Tom gets a letter from Willie's mother. What does it say?
(a) She wants Willie to stay with Tom because she can't care for him.
(b) She wants Willie to stay with Tom because the bombing is worse.
(c) She wants Willie home because the war is over.
(d) She wants Willie home because she is sick.
13. What does Carrie wear to school that she has never worn before?
(a) A new blazer.
(b) A white blouse.
(c) A necktie.
(d) A new skirt.
14. After finishing the scenery for the Christmas show, what job does Willie next take on?
(a) Script blocker.
(b) Costume designer.
(c) Line prompter.
(d) Assistant director.
15. What does Willie decide about the play?
(a) He will continue doing what he has been doing.
(b) He will play the role of Scrooge.
(c) He will quit.
(d) He will play the role of Bob Crachit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zach give to Willie when Zach packs to leave for London?
2. What does Geoffrey decide to do for work?
3. What is Tom's motto that he expresses once again with Willie when Tom talks about Willie's weak legs?
4. What do the Warden and Glad tell Tom about Mrs. Beech?
5. What is celebrated on September 7th, 1940?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)