|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Spooky Cott?
(a) A cat.
(b) An old school house.
(c) Mrs. Hartridge's home.
(d) A "haunted" cottage.
2. What separates Carrie from the other girls at the high shool?
(a) Her intelligence.
(b) Her accent.
(c) Her desire not to have friends.
(d) Her lack of wealth.
3. Why does Willie wish he had never gone to Weirwold?
(a) Because he missed his mother.
(b) So he would always think his mom was kind and loving.
(c) So he would not be such a sinner.
(d) Because the people there only pretended to care.
4. What does Willie decide about the play?
(a) He will continue doing what he has been doing.
(b) He will quit.
(c) He will play the role of Scrooge.
(d) He will play the role of Bob Crachit.
5. How does Tom get Willie out of the hospital?
(a) In an ambulance.
(b) The psychiatrist allows Tom to take him.
(c) The warden helps Tom get him out.
(d) He kidnaps him.
6. What does Geoffrey decide to do for work?
(a) Teach art classes at night.
(b) Teach art at the school.
(c) Open an art school.
(d) Give individual art lessons.
7. What happens to Trudy?
(a) She dies.
(b) She goes with her mother.
(c) She is hospitalized.
(d) She is never found.
8. What has Geoffrey kept of his friend who was killed in the war?
(b) A pipe.
(c) A piece of sculpture.
(d) A drawing.
9. What does Willie learn from talking to Zach's spirit?
(a) That Zach is gone forever.
(b) That God is good.
(c) That he cannot live without Zach.
(d) That Willie is now a whole person.
10. What does Willie discover about his mother in Chapter 18, "Recovery"?
(a) She has run away.
(b) She is a bad person.
(c) She is a liar.
(d) She is dead.
11. Why can't Robert play the role of Scrooge?
(a) His mother does not want him to.
(b) He can't memorize the lines.
(c) He is sent back to London.
(d) He has become ill.
12. Why is George wearing a black armband?
(a) His brother was reported missing, believed dead.
(b) His father was reported missing, believed dead.
(c) He is showing his loyalty to his country.
(d) His cousin was reported missing, believed dead.
13. What news does Mrs. Hartridge share with Willie?
(a) Miss Thorne and Geoffrey will marry.
(b) Her husband is alive.
(c) She is returning to teaching.
(d) Willie will get over Zach's death.
14. How is Tom feeling when Willie arrives at carol practice?
(a) Sad because Rachel is not there.
(c) Angry because Willie is late.
15. What surprise is awaiting Willie when he returns to his house in London?
(b) A baby.
(c) His father.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Tom, Zach, and Willie travel to the fishing village?
2. What does the psychiatrist recommend for Willie?
3. What happens when Willie reads the part in Robert's absence?
4. What piece of himself does Tom finally share with Willie?
5. What does Zach give to Willie when Zach packs to leave for London?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)