|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has become of Mrs. Beech?
(a) She has been sent to jail.
(b) She has been sent to a hosptial.
(c) She has committed suicide.
(d) She has been sent to an insane asylum.
2. How do Tom, Zach, and Willie travel to the fishing village?
(a) By boat.
(b) By bicycle.
(c) By cart.
(d) By train.
3. Why does Willie get upset when Tom visits him in the hospital?
(a) Tom does not plan on taking him home.
(b) Tom is not allowed to stay.
(c) Willie tells Tom he does not like the psychiatrist.
(d) Sammy is not with Tom.
4. How does Zach die?
(a) Blitzes in London.
(b) His bus is blown up.
(c) A train crash on his way to London.
(d) In a fire.
5. What does Willie discover about his mother in Chapter 18, "Recovery"?
(a) She has run away.
(b) She is dead.
(c) She is a bad person.
(d) She is a liar.
6. How do Tom, Willie, and Zach find a place to stay in Salmouth?
(a) Tom goes knocking on doors.
(b) They find an inn with a vacancy.
(c) Tom has called ahead to a lodge.
(d) They sleep under the night sky.
7. What does Willie learn from talking to Zach's spirit?
(a) That Willie is now a whole person.
(b) That God is good.
(c) That Zach is gone forever.
(d) That he cannot live without Zach.
8. What is Willie able to do in the water almost immediately.
9. How does Mrs. Beech first react when she sees Willie at the train station?
(a) She yells at him.
(b) She hugs him.
(c) She barely recognizes him.
(d) She cries.
10. What does Tom have a nightmare about after Willie is gone?
(a) Being locked in a tiny space with no air.
(b) Mrs. Beech.
(c) Bombings in London.
(d) Rachel's death.
11. What is in Wilie's arms when they find him under the stair?
(a) His paintings.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A picture of Tom.
(d) The baby.
12. What is Zach fixing during the whole of Chapter 18, "Recovery"?
(a) An easel for Willie.
(b) A bike for himself.
(c) A fence for Mrs. Little's garden.
(d) A carriage for Mrs. Hartridge.
13. Why are three children missing from Mrs. Hartridge's class on Monday in Chapter 14, "New Beginnings"?
(a) They went back to London.
(b) The war.
(d) They were ill.
14. Why does Zach go back to London?
(a) The war is over.
(b) His parents want him home.
(c) The Little's no longer want him.
(d) His father has been severly injured.
15. What part does Willie decide to take in the play?
(a) Mr. Smee.
(b) Captain Hook.
(c) Peter Pan.
(d) A lost boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Geoffrey kept of his friend who was killed in the war?
2. Why doesn't the choir sing when Tom begins to play?
3. At the end of Chapter 17, "the Rescue," where do Tom and Willie sleep?
4. What does Willie paint on his first day in Mrs. Hartridge's class?
5. Why does Mrs. Beech beat Willie?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)