|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Tom volunteered to do at the end of "The Show Must Go On"?
(a) Direct the Christmas show.
(b) Cook a big Christmas dinner for the evacuees.
(c) Take over the choir and play the organ.
(d) Deliver the mail.
2. After finishing the scenery for the Christmas show, what job does Willie next take on?
(a) Script blocker.
(b) Line prompter.
(c) Costume designer.
(d) Assistant director.
3. Why does Willie get upset when Tom visits him in the hospital?
(a) Tom does not plan on taking him home.
(b) Tom is not allowed to stay.
(c) Willie tells Tom he does not like the psychiatrist.
(d) Sammy is not with Tom.
4. Why are three children missing from Mrs. Hartridge's class on Monday in Chapter 14, "New Beginnings"?
(a) The war.
(b) They went back to London.
(c) They were ill.
5. What does Willie teach himself to do after Zach dies?
(a) Act in a play.
(b) Write poetry.
(d) Ride a bicycle.
6. What does the psychiatrist recommend for Willie?
(a) To go back to his mother.
(c) To go home with Tom.
(d) To go to a children's home.
7. What do the authorities decide to do with Willie when they leave Tom's house?
(a) Take Willie with them back to a home in London.
(b) Leave Willie temporarily with Tom.
(c) Take Willie with them back to his mother.
(d) Leave Willie permanently with Tom.
8. On one visit to Willie, Zach brings up one subject a few times that disturbs Willie. What is it?
(c) Willie's mother.
9. Why does Willie wish he had never gone to Weirwold?
(a) Because he missed his mother.
(b) So he would always think his mom was kind and loving.
(c) So he would not be such a sinner.
(d) Because the people there only pretended to care.
10. Why can't Robert play the role of Scrooge?
(a) He has become ill.
(b) His mother does not want him to.
(c) He is sent back to London.
(d) He can't memorize the lines.
11. What does Zach give to Willie when Zach packs to leave for London?
(a) A picture of the two boys.
(b) A copy of Shakespeare's works.
(c) A photograph of Zach's father.
(d) A copy of Tom Sawyer.
12. How does Willie feel after spending the early evening with his mother?
(d) Like two people.
13. What does Willie discover about his mother in Chapter 18, "Recovery"?
(a) She is dead.
(b) She is a liar.
(c) She is a bad person.
(d) She has run away.
14. Why doesn't the choir sing when Tom begins to play?
(a) They are frightened of Tom.
(b) They want to hear him play.
(c) They don't know the song.
(d) They are afraid they will not sound good.
15. At the end of Chapter 17, "the Rescue," where do Tom and Willie sleep?
(a) At Doctor Little's house.
(b) At Tom's house.
(c) In the back of Dobb's carriage.
(d) At the blacksmith's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zach feel about Spooky Cott?
2. Why does Alec Barnes look embarrassed at carol practice?
3. What is Tom's first reaction to the singing of the choir?
4. What part does Willie decide to take in the play?
5. How is Tom feeling when Willie arrives at carol practice?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)