|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Geoffrey decide to do for work?
(a) Teach art classes at night.
(b) Open an art school.
(c) Give individual art lessons.
(d) Teach art at the school.
2. Why does Mrs. Beech beat Willie?
(a) Because he had presents for her.
(b) Because he stole.
(c) Because he talked back to her.
(d) Because he has a Jewish friend.
3. What name does Zach give the town where he, Tom, and Willie are vacationing?
(a) Salty mouth.
(d) Fish town.
4. What has Tom volunteered to do at the end of "The Show Must Go On"?
(a) Cook a big Christmas dinner for the evacuees.
(b) Direct the Christmas show.
(c) Take over the choir and play the organ.
(d) Deliver the mail.
5. What question does Carrie ask Mrs. Hartridge privately?
(a) If Carrie can give her a present for the baby.
(b) If Carrie can help Willie with his writing.
(c) If Carrie can sit next to George.
(d) If Carrie can take the high school entrance exam.
6. What does the psychiatrist recommend for Willie?
(a) To go back to his mother.
(b) To go to a children's home.
(c) To go home with Tom.
7. Why does Alec Barnes look embarrassed at carol practice?
(a) Everyone wants to know if his father has been using the King kids as slave labor.
(b) He does terribly in the rehearsal for the Christmas show.
(c) Everyone wants to know if his father has been hitting the King kids.
(d) He can't sing.
8. How does Tom get Willie out of the hospital?
(a) In an ambulance.
(b) The warden helps Tom get him out.
(c) The psychiatrist allows Tom to take him.
(d) He kidnaps him.
9. How is Tom feeling when Willie arrives at carol practice?
(a) Angry because Willie is late.
(b) Sad because Rachel is not there.
10. What news is Carrie waiting impatiently at the gate to give Zach after his return from the sea?
(a) George will not be attending high school.
(b) She has passed the high school entrance exam.
(c) She has failed the high school entrance exam.
(d) Mrs. Hartridge has decided to teach high school.
11. After finishing the scenery for the Christmas show, what job does Willie next take on?
(a) Script blocker.
(b) Assistant director.
(c) Line prompter.
(d) Costume designer.
12. Which is NOT one of the reasons that Zach is worried about his parents?
(a) They are in the middle of a show.
(b) They have new jobs helping with the war effort.
(c) There has been a blitz in London.
(d) He has not received a note from them at the vacation spot.
13. What do Geoffrey and Miss Thorne decide on for their first lesson?
(a) A nature project.
(b) A science project.
(c) An art pfoject.
(d) A poetry project.
14. What does Willie teach himself to do after Zach dies?
(a) Write poetry.
(c) Ride a bicycle.
(d) Act in a play.
15. How is Geoffrey physically hurt?
(a) He has lost an both legs.
(b) He has lost an ear and a leg.
(c) He has lost an ear and an arm.
(d) He has lost an arm and a leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 18, "The Recovery," what does Tom recommend Willie do after his nightmare?
2. What is Willie doing when George comes to fetch him to bring him to the first carol practice?
3. What is in Wilie's arms when they find him under the stair?
4. What is Tom's motto that he expresses once again with Willie when Tom talks about Willie's weak legs?
5. What has become of Mrs. Beech?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)