|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Willie get upset when Tom visits him in the hospital?
(a) Tom does not plan on taking him home.
(b) Willie tells Tom he does not like the psychiatrist.
(c) Sammy is not with Tom.
(d) Tom is not allowed to stay.
2. What separates Carrie from the other girls at the high shool?
(a) Her desire not to have friends.
(b) Her accent.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Her lack of wealth.
3. What is Tom's motto that he expresses once again with Willie when Tom talks about Willie's weak legs?
(a) Everythin' has a reason.
(b) Everythin' will be all right.
(c) Everythin' will work out.
(d) Everythin' has its own time.
4. How does Zach die?
(a) A train crash on his way to London.
(b) In a fire.
(c) Blitzes in London.
(d) His bus is blown up.
5. Why are three children missing from Mrs. Hartridge's class on Monday in Chapter 14, "New Beginnings"?
(b) The war.
(c) They were ill.
(d) They went back to London.
6. As March comes, what do the children get together to plan?
(a) A breakfast for Tom.
(b) Another play.
(c) A visit to Spooky Cott.
(d) A baby shower for Mrs. Hartridge.
7. What does Willie discover about his mother in Chapter 18, "Recovery"?
(a) She is a bad person.
(b) She is a liar.
(c) She has run away.
(d) She is dead.
8. Why does Mrs. Beech beat Willie?
(a) Because he had presents for her.
(b) Because he talked back to her.
(c) Because he has a Jewish friend.
(d) Because he stole.
9. Why does Willie wish he had never gone to Weirwold?
(a) Because he missed his mother.
(b) So he would always think his mom was kind and loving.
(c) Because the people there only pretended to care.
(d) So he would not be such a sinner.
10. What surprise is awaiting Willie when he returns to his house in London?
(a) A dog.
(c) His father.
(d) A baby.
11. What does Geoffrey decide to do for work?
(a) Open an art school.
(b) Give individual art lessons.
(c) Teach art at the school.
(d) Teach art classes at night.
12. What is Spooky Cott?
(a) An old school house.
(b) Mrs. Hartridge's home.
(c) A "haunted" cottage.
(d) A cat.
13. Why does Zach go back to London?
(a) His father has been severly injured.
(b) The Little's no longer want him.
(c) His parents want him home.
(d) The war is over.
14. At the end of Chapter 17, "the Rescue," where do Tom and Willie sleep?
(a) At the blacksmith's house.
(b) In the back of Dobb's carriage.
(c) At Tom's house.
(d) At Doctor Little's house.
15. What is Willie doing when George comes to fetch him to bring him to the first carol practice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What news is Carrie waiting impatiently at the gate to give Zach after his return from the sea?
2. How is Geoffrey physically hurt?
3. What does the psychiatrist recommend for Willie?
4. What does Willie teach himself to do after Zach dies?
5. Who goes with Tom to London?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)