|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the authorities decide to do with Willie when they leave Tom's house?
(a) Take Willie with them back to his mother.
(b) Leave Willie permanently with Tom.
(c) Take Willie with them back to a home in London.
(d) Leave Willie temporarily with Tom.
2. How does Willie feel after spending the early evening with his mother?
(a) Like two people.
3. Who goes with Tom to London?
(d) Mrs. Fletcher.
4. How is Tom feeling when Willie arrives at carol practice?
(b) Angry because Willie is late.
(d) Sad because Rachel is not there.
5. What does Willie learn from talking to Zach's spirit?
(a) That God is good.
(b) That he cannot live without Zach.
(c) That Willie is now a whole person.
(d) That Zach is gone forever.
6. How is Geoffrey physically hurt?
(a) He has lost an both legs.
(b) He has lost an ear and a leg.
(c) He has lost an ear and an arm.
(d) He has lost an arm and a leg.
7. Why does Willie wish he had never gone to Weirwold?
(a) Because he missed his mother.
(b) So he would always think his mom was kind and loving.
(c) So he would not be such a sinner.
(d) Because the people there only pretended to care.
8. Why doesn't the choir sing when Tom begins to play?
(a) They don't know the song.
(b) They are frightened of Tom.
(c) They want to hear him play.
(d) They are afraid they will not sound good.
9. What does Willie decide about the play?
(a) He will play the role of Scrooge.
(b) He will continue doing what he has been doing.
(c) He will quit.
(d) He will play the role of Bob Crachit.
10. When he comes to her house to visit, what does Mrs. Hartridge do for Willie to help him heal?
(a) She holds the baby at arms length from him.
(b) She feeds him ginger cake and lemonade.
(c) She speaks with him about her husband's death.
(d) She breastfeeds the baby.
11. In the beginning of Chapter 18, "The Recovery," what does Tom recommend Willie do after his nightmare?
(a) Scream loudly.
(c) Stay quiet.
(d) Go for a run.
12. What name does Zach give the town where he, Tom, and Willie are vacationing?
(b) Fish town.
(d) Salty mouth.
13. Which is NOT one of the reasons that Zach is worried about his parents?
(a) They are in the middle of a show.
(b) They have new jobs helping with the war effort.
(c) There has been a blitz in London.
(d) He has not received a note from them at the vacation spot.
14. What is Tom's first reaction to the singing of the choir?
(a) He is happy that they sound so good together.
(b) He is gruff because they are too solemn.
(c) He is gruff because they have bad harmony.
(d) He is happy that they are so loud.
15. Why does Alec Barnes look embarrassed at carol practice?
(a) He does terribly in the rehearsal for the Christmas show.
(b) Everyone wants to know if his father has been using the King kids as slave labor.
(c) Everyone wants to know if his father has been hitting the King kids.
(d) He can't sing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zach give to Willie when Zach packs to leave for London?
2. What does Willie paint on his first day in Mrs. Hartridge's class?
3. What happens when Willie reads the part in Robert's absence?
4. What is Tom's motto that he expresses once again with Willie when Tom talks about Willie's weak legs?
5. How does Zach feel about Spooky Cott?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)