|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes with Tom to London?
(d) Mrs. Fletcher.
2. What do the Warden and Glad tell Tom about Mrs. Beech?
(a) She thinks she is above everyone else.
(b) She beats her child.
(c) She is a hard worker.
(d) She is a good person.
3. What does Tom have a nightmare about after Willie is gone?
(a) Being locked in a tiny space with no air.
(b) Mrs. Beech.
(c) Rachel's death.
(d) Bombings in London.
4. How do Tom, Zach, and Willie travel to the fishing village?
(a) By train.
(b) By cart.
(c) By bicycle.
(d) By boat.
5. What is Spooky Cott?
(a) A cat.
(b) A "haunted" cottage.
(c) An old school house.
(d) Mrs. Hartridge's home.
6. What do Geoffrey and Miss Thorne decide on for their first lesson?
(a) An art pfoject.
(b) A nature project.
(c) A poetry project.
(d) A science project.
7. What question does Carrie ask Mrs. Hartridge privately?
(a) If Carrie can help Willie with his writing.
(b) If Carrie can sit next to George.
(c) If Carrie can give her a present for the baby.
(d) If Carrie can take the high school entrance exam.
8. What news does Mrs. Hartridge share with Willie?
(a) She is returning to teaching.
(b) Willie will get over Zach's death.
(c) Her husband is alive.
(d) Miss Thorne and Geoffrey will marry.
9. What has Geoffrey kept of his friend who was killed in the war?
(a) A drawing.
(c) A pipe.
(d) A piece of sculpture.
10. What has become of Mrs. Beech?
(a) She has been sent to jail.
(b) She has been sent to a hosptial.
(c) She has been sent to an insane asylum.
(d) She has committed suicide.
11. As March comes, what do the children get together to plan?
(a) A baby shower for Mrs. Hartridge.
(b) A breakfast for Tom.
(c) Another play.
(d) A visit to Spooky Cott.
12. What does Zach give to Willie when Zach packs to leave for London?
(a) A copy of Shakespeare's works.
(b) A picture of the two boys.
(c) A photograph of Zach's father.
(d) A copy of Tom Sawyer.
13. Which is NOT one of the reasons that Zach is worried about his parents?
(a) They are in the middle of a show.
(b) There has been a blitz in London.
(c) They have new jobs helping with the war effort.
(d) He has not received a note from them at the vacation spot.
14. How does Zach die?
(a) A train crash on his way to London.
(b) Blitzes in London.
(c) His bus is blown up.
(d) In a fire.
15. What surprise is awaiting Willie when he returns to his house in London?
(a) A dog.
(b) A baby.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the authorities decide to do with Willie when they leave Tom's house?
2. What has Tom volunteered to do at the end of "The Show Must Go On"?
3. How does Zach feel about Spooky Cott?
4. Why is George wearing a black armband?
5. When he comes to her house to visit, what does Mrs. Hartridge do for Willie to help him heal?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)