|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is George wearing a black armband?
(a) His brother was reported missing, believed dead.
(b) His father was reported missing, believed dead.
(c) His cousin was reported missing, believed dead.
(d) He is showing his loyalty to his country.
2. Why does Mrs. Beech beat Willie?
(a) Because he had presents for her.
(b) Because he has a Jewish friend.
(c) Because he talked back to her.
(d) Because he stole.
3. What part does Willie decide to take in the play?
(a) Peter Pan.
(b) Captain Hook.
(c) A lost boy.
(d) Mr. Smee.
4. How does Willie feel after spending the early evening with his mother?
(d) Like two people.
5. Where is Tom taken to his first night in London?
(a) An alleyway.
(b) Mrs. Beech's house.
(c) A shelter.
6. What has Geoffrey kept of his friend who was killed in the war?
(b) A pipe.
(c) A drawing.
(d) A piece of sculpture.
7. What is Tom's motto that he expresses once again with Willie when Tom talks about Willie's weak legs?
(a) Everythin' will work out.
(b) Everythin' has a reason.
(c) Everythin' has its own time.
(d) Everythin' will be all right.
8. What has become of Mrs. Beech?
(a) She has committed suicide.
(b) She has been sent to a hosptial.
(c) She has been sent to jail.
(d) She has been sent to an insane asylum.
9. What do the authorities decide to do with Willie when they leave Tom's house?
(a) Leave Willie permanently with Tom.
(b) Take Willie with them back to a home in London.
(c) Leave Willie temporarily with Tom.
(d) Take Willie with them back to his mother.
10. What does Willie paint on his first day in Mrs. Hartridge's class?
(a) Mrs. Hartridge.
(b) An old man in an alleyway.
(c) Tom's house.
(d) The twins.
11. How does Zach feel about Spooky Cott?
(a) He is sad to see it occupied.
(b) He is mesmerized by the music coming from it.
(c) He is afraid.
(d) He is excited to see it.
12. What surprise is awaiting Willie when he returns to his house in London?
(a) A dog.
(b) A baby.
(c) His father.
13. What separates Carrie from the other girls at the high shool?
(a) Her accent.
(b) Her lack of wealth.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Her desire not to have friends.
14. Why does Willie get upset when Tom visits him in the hospital?
(a) Tom is not allowed to stay.
(b) Tom does not plan on taking him home.
(c) Sammy is not with Tom.
(d) Willie tells Tom he does not like the psychiatrist.
15. What does Willie decide about the play?
(a) He will quit.
(b) He will continue doing what he has been doing.
(c) He will play the role of Bob Crachit.
(d) He will play the role of Scrooge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Zach go back to London?
2. When he comes to her house to visit, what does Mrs. Hartridge do for Willie to help him heal?
3. What does Tom do after carol practice when only he and Willie are in the church?
4. Why can't Robert play the role of Scrooge?
5. How do Tom, Zach, and Willie travel to the fishing village?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)