|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willie paint on his first day in Mrs. Hartridge's class?
(a) Mrs. Hartridge.
(b) An old man in an alleyway.
(c) The twins.
(d) Tom's house.
2. What does Tom have a nightmare about after Willie is gone?
(a) Being locked in a tiny space with no air.
(b) Rachel's death.
(c) Bombings in London.
(d) Mrs. Beech.
3. What happens when Willie reads the part in Robert's absence?
(a) He sounds monotonous.
(b) He is very silly in his acting.
(c) He mesmerizes everyone with his ability.
(d) He stumbles over the words.
4. What do the Warden and Glad tell Tom about Mrs. Beech?
(a) She is a hard worker.
(b) She thinks she is above everyone else.
(c) She is a good person.
(d) She beats her child.
5. How does Tom get into Mrs. Beech's house?
(a) She lets him in.
(b) A group breaks the door down.
(c) Willie lets him in.
(d) He breaks in.
6. What question does Carrie ask Mrs. Hartridge privately?
(a) If Carrie can sit next to George.
(b) If Carrie can help Willie with his writing.
(c) If Carrie can take the high school entrance exam.
(d) If Carrie can give her a present for the baby.
7. Why does Mrs. Beech beat Willie?
(a) Because he talked back to her.
(b) Because he stole.
(c) Because he has a Jewish friend.
(d) Because he had presents for her.
8. What is Spooky Cott?
(a) A "haunted" cottage.
(b) A cat.
(c) An old school house.
(d) Mrs. Hartridge's home.
9. What is in Wilie's arms when they find him under the stair?
(a) His paintings.
(b) The baby.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A picture of Tom.
10. What is Zach fixing during the whole of Chapter 18, "Recovery"?
(a) A fence for Mrs. Little's garden.
(b) An easel for Willie.
(c) A carriage for Mrs. Hartridge.
(d) A bike for himself.
11. Who goes with Tom to London?
(b) Mrs. Fletcher.
12. On one visit to Willie, Zach brings up one subject a few times that disturbs Willie. What is it?
(d) Willie's mother.
13. What does the psychiatrist recommend for Willie?
(b) To go to a children's home.
(c) To go home with Tom.
(d) To go back to his mother.
14. At the end of Chapter 17, "the Rescue," where do Tom and Willie sleep?
(a) At Doctor Little's house.
(b) At Tom's house.
(c) At the blacksmith's house.
(d) In the back of Dobb's carriage.
15. Why does Alec Barnes look embarrassed at carol practice?
(a) Everyone wants to know if his father has been hitting the King kids.
(b) He does terribly in the rehearsal for the Christmas show.
(c) He can't sing.
(d) Everyone wants to know if his father has been using the King kids as slave labor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Zach give the town where he, Tom, and Willie are vacationing?
2. How does Tom get Willie out of the hospital?
3. What separates Carrie from the other girls at the high shool?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 18, "The Recovery," what does Tom recommend Willie do after his nightmare?
5. Where does Willie's mother put him after she beats him?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)