|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On their walk in Chapter 2, what does Willie do for Tom?
(a) He whistles to him.
(b) He carries his bag.
(c) He picks berries.
(d) He walks the dog.
2. Who does WIllie meet while he is in the yard in Chapter 1?
(a) A dog.
(b) A young boy.
(c) The school teacher.
(d) The old lady neighbor.
3. What is the first of Willie's drawings that everyone sees on his birthday?
(a) An eagle flying in the rain.
(b) The pulpit.
(c) Jesus on the cross.
(d) A person praying in church.
4. What does Tom want Mrs. Fletcher to do for him in Chapter 2?
(a) Knit Tom a jersey.
(b) Buy boots for Willie.
(c) Knit a jersey for Willie.
(d) Take Willie from Tom.
5. Why is Zach so excited to get Willie home from the church?
(a) He wants Willie to show everyone the drawing.
(b) His mother sent a gift.
(c) There is a surprise party for him.
(d) Lucy baked cookies for him.
6. What does Doctor Little diagnose Willie with?
7. How is Tom described in Chapter 1?
(a) Tall and thick.
(b) Average height and stocky.
(c) Small and thin.
(d) Average and thin.
8. How old is Tom?
(a) In his fifties.
(b) In his thirties.
(c) In his forties.
(d) In his sixties.
9. What does Tom think of Zach?
(a) That he needs a haircut.
(b) That he is intelligent.
(c) That he is rude.
(d) That he is too thin.
10. What does Tom find in Willie's belongings that angers him?
(a) A dirty toothbrush.
(b) A Bible.
(c) Night clothes.
(d) A belt.
11. What big gift does Tom give to Willie for his birthday?
(a) A pony.
(b) A visit from his mother.
(c) A new bed.
(d) Sketch pads and pencils.
12. What happens to Willie's desserts at the picnic?
(a) Ants raid them.
(b) He eats them all.
(c) He hides what he can't eat.
(d) The other children help him finish them.
13. What does Tom need from Roe in Chapter 2?
(a) Extra milk.
(c) Extra eggs.
(d) Bones for Sammy.
14. What does Willie cook with Tom at the end of his picnic day?
(c) apple and black currant pie
(d) Blackberry jam.
15. Why hasn't Willie painted at school?
(a) He is too poor.
(b) The other kids won't let him.
(c) Because he can't read and write.
(d) His mother won't let him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chapter title "The Case" refer to?
2. What confusing saying did Zach leave Willie with on the night they first met?
3. Why has Willie chosen to rise a bit earlier every day at the beginning of the "Birthday" chapter?
4. How does the boy at the postmaster's differ from Wilie?
5. What does Charlie Rudder want of Tom?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)