|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willie believe happens at the end of church service?
(a) A big meal is served.
(b) A good whipping is given.
(c) Kneeling in prayer for a long time.
(d) Wailing of sins by everyone.
2. What is the boy doing at the postmasters when Willie first meets him in Chapter 3, "Saturday Morning"?
(a) He is conversing with the postmaster.
(b) He was reading a newspaper.
(c) He is writing to his mother.
(d) He is sitting in a chair.
3. What new name does Zach give to Willie?
4. What does Tom cook for WiIlie on that first day?
5. What is Willie's first thought of Mrs. Hartridge?
(a) She is fat.
(b) She is mean looking.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) She is funny.
6. Who does WIllie meet while he is in the yard in Chapter 1?
(a) A young boy.
(b) The school teacher.
(c) A dog.
(d) The old lady neighbor.
7. What does Tom take Willie into the fields to see in Chapter 7?
(c) Fruits and vegetables.
8. How does Nancy Little's entrance into church surprise Willie?
(a) She is with the boy from the post office.
(b) She is wearing pants.
(c) She is wearing red.
(d) She enters without her husband.
9. Why doesn't Willie want to go into the toy shop?
(a) Willie is afraid he will break one.
(b) Willie can't buy one.
(c) He does not want Tom to buy him one.
(d) He does not want to be alone.
10. Why doesn't Willie pick the color red for his suspenders?
(a) His mother told him red was sinful.
(b) Tom says he doesn't like red.
(c) Willie doesn't like red.
(d) He isn't given the choice of red.
11. What does Tom's front door look out onto?
(a) A graveyard.
(b) A pond.
(c) A garden.
(d) An orchard.
12. How does Tom make everyone laugh over Mr. Ruddles's entrance?
(a) Tom makes a joke about the light.
(b) Tom asks Ruddles if he had his nose under the door snooping.
(c) Sammie tries to lick Mr. Ruddles face, and Tom thinks its funny.
(d) Tom is frustrated over so many people coming in to his home at once.
13. What happens to Tom, Willie, and Sammie on the way home from their walk in Chapter 2?
(a) Nothing in particular.
(b) They slide down a ravine.
(c) It rains heavily on them.
(d) A bomb explodes nearby.
14. What present does Emilia Thorne give Willie that he has never had known before?
(b) A book.
(d) A balaclava.
15. At the meeting, what does Tom volunteer to do?
(a) Run a canteen.
(b) Help at the school.
(c) Fire-watching duties.
(d) First-aid post.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what is different about school this term ?
2. How does Willie feel about his bruises?
3. What does Doctor Little diagnose Willie with?
4. What does Zach want to do that surprises Willie after they first meet?
5. What is Sammy doing to Willie when Willie wakes up?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)