|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Willie's desserts at the picnic?
(a) He eats them all.
(b) The other children help him finish them.
(c) Ants raid them.
(d) He hides what he can't eat.
2. What surprise has Tom gotten for Willie while they are in town?
(b) Ice cream.
(d) Gas mask.
3. What does Zach tell Willie that his parents do for a living?
(a) They are teachers.
(b) They work in the theater.
(c) They work for the government.
(d) They are serving in the war.
4. What does WIllie discover is missing from Tom's house?
(b) A wood stove.
(c) The sounds of traffic.
(d) A Bible.
5. What is Willie's first thought of Mrs. Hartridge?
(a) She is funny.
(b) She is fat.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) She is mean looking.
6. How does Tom make everyone laugh over Mr. Ruddles's entrance?
(a) Tom asks Ruddles if he had his nose under the door snooping.
(b) Tom makes a joke about the light.
(c) Sammie tries to lick Mr. Ruddles face, and Tom thinks its funny.
(d) Tom is frustrated over so many people coming in to his home at once.
7. What confusing saying did Zach leave Willie with on the night they first met?
(a) See ya later, alligator.
(b) Roger, wilco, and out.
(c) In a while, crocodile.
(d) Just looking for spies.
8. What is ironic about Miss Thorne's thoughts concerning Willie's stay with Tom?
(a) She thinks Willie is in a bad place with Tom and away from his mother.
(b) She thinks Tom will take care of him the way his mother can't.
(c) She thinks Tom will teach Willie things he does not need.
(d) She thinks Willie needs city air when he really needs the country air.
9. What does Tom need from Roe in Chapter 2?
(a) Extra milk.
(c) Bones for Sammy.
(d) Extra eggs.
10. At the beginning of the novel, what is standing at the large iron gate of Tom's home?
(a) A large group of children.
(c) A small group of children.
(d) A pack of dogs.
11. What does Tom think of Zach?
(a) That he is too thin.
(b) That he is intelligent.
(c) That he needs a haircut.
(d) That he is rude.
12. What do the young Fletcher boys come looking for at Tom's?
(b) Their dad.
13. Why is Willie afraid to invite his friends to his room?
(a) The room is very small.
(b) He thinks it will anger Tom.
(c) The room is not fun.
(d) He still wets the bed.
14. Why is Willie afraid of the bath?
(a) His mother says bathing is sinful.
(b) It is too big.
(c) It is too hot.
(d) He does not know how to swim.
15. What does Tom take Willie into the fields to see in Chapter 7?
(d) Fruits and vegetables.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Willie want to cry when he reaches the gate to the field?
2. What does the Prime Minister inform the country over the wireless?
3. What does Tom say about the comic book he wants Willie to choose?
4. What Bible story does Tom tell Willie?
5. On their walk in Chapter 2, what does Willie do for Tom?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)