|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Willie while he sleeps in the opening of Chapter 3, "Saturday Morning"?
(a) He sleeps soundly for the first time in his life.
(b) He wets the bed.
(c) He cries.
(d) He has a wonderful dream.
2. Why doesn't Willie talk to the girls as they pick blackberries?
(a) He is afraid of them.
(b) His mother said people would like him if he were invisible.
(c) He doesn't like them.
(d) He knows they don't want him to talk.
3. What is different about Zach that Tom and George both note?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His lack of intelligence.
(c) His laugh.
(d) His vocabulary.
4. What new name does Zach give to Willie?
5. Why do Mr. Fletcher and his sons come to Tom's house?
(a) To eat supper.
(b) To build a room for Willie.
(c) To teach Willie about God.
(d) To dig a trench.
6. Why is Willie afraid to invite his friends to his room?
(a) He still wets the bed.
(b) The room is not fun.
(c) He thinks it will anger Tom.
(d) The room is very small.
7. What big gift does Tom give to Willie for his birthday?
(a) Sketch pads and pencils.
(b) A pony.
(c) A visit from his mother.
(d) A new bed.
8. Why does May Thorne begin delivering the mail?
(a) She is the only one with a bicycle.
(b) The postman is ill.
(c) The postman ran into a tree.
(d) The postman is called to the war.
9. What is Zach's impression of Willie?
(a) WIllie is a loner.
(b) Willie is kind.
(c) Willie is afraid.
(d) Willie is a talker.
10. For what does Tom go to the draper?
(a) Clothes for Willie.
(b) Black material for the windows at night.
(d) Clothes for himself.
11. How old is Willie?
12. How does Willie feel about his first day of school?
(a) It is a bad day.
(b) He is excited to be in Mrs. Black's class.
(c) He is angry at Mrs. Hartridge.
(d) He is ready to learn.
13. On their walk in Chapter 2, what does Willie do for Tom?
(a) He walks the dog.
(b) He picks berries.
(c) He whistles to him.
(d) He carries his bag.
14. What does the Prime Minister inform the country over the wireless?
(a) Germany has invaded England.
(b) Germany has withdrawn from Poland.
(c) The ir was over.
(d) England is at war with Germany.
15. What confusing saying did Zach leave Willie with on the night they first met?
(a) In a while, crocodile.
(b) Just looking for spies.
(c) See ya later, alligator.
(d) Roger, wilco, and out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What of Tom's did Zach use to finish the shelter?
2. How has Willie's room changed?
3. Why doesn't Tom want to go into the paint store?
4. What is the boy doing at the postmasters when Willie first meets him in Chapter 3, "Saturday Morning"?
5. What does Tom take Willie into the fields to see in Chapter 7?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)