|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Bible story doesTom tell Willie after his bath in Chapter 6?
(a) The creation.
(b) Abraham and the commandments.
(c) Noah's Ark.
(d) Joseph and his coat.
2. What of Tom's did Zach use to finish the shelter?
(a) A shovel.
(b) A pick ax.
(c) A ladder.
(d) A lantern.
3. Why is Zach so excited to get Willie home from the church?
(a) His mother sent a gift.
(b) He wants Willie to show everyone the drawing.
(c) There is a surprise party for him.
(d) Lucy baked cookies for him.
4. On their walk in Chapter 2, what does Willie do for Tom?
(a) He walks the dog.
(b) He whistles to him.
(c) He picks berries.
(d) He carries his bag.
5. What does Willie ask Tom to help him with while he is in the library?
(a) Getting a book off of the shelf.
(b) Finding a book.
(d) Learning his alphabet.
6. Why is Doctor Little surprised when he looks at Willie?
(a) He has so many bruises.
(b) His socks have fallen down.
(c) He is very small for his age.
(d) He has lice.
7. Why are George's girls sulking on the way to berry picking?
(a) They don't want to pick berries.
(b) They did not want the evacuues to come.
(c) They want bigger baskets for their berries.
(d) They don't want Lucy to join them.
8. What does Charlie Rudder want of Tom?
(a) To cover his windows at night.
(b) To dig an air-raid shelter.
(c) To house more children.
(d) To wear a gas mask.
9. Why hasn't Willie painted at school?
(a) Because he can't read and write.
(b) The other kids won't let him.
(c) He is too poor.
(d) His mother won't let him.
10. Who does WIllie meet while he is in the yard in Chapter 1?
(a) The school teacher.
(b) The old lady neighbor.
(c) A dog.
(d) A young boy.
11. How does Nancy Little's entrance into church surprise Willie?
(a) She is wearing red.
(b) She is with the boy from the post office.
(c) She is wearing pants.
(d) She enters without her husband.
12. What does Tom say about the comic book he wants Willie to choose?
(a) Tom will read it to him.
(b) Willie can learn to read using it.
(c) Tom rushes Willie into his choice of one.
(d) Willie can look at the pictures.
13. What do the young Fletcher boys come looking for at Tom's?
(d) Their dad.
14. Why is Willie panicked in the newspaper shop?
(a) He does not know what the shopkeeper is asking.
(b) He never had to choose a candy before.
(c) He does not understand what Tom wants him to do.
(d) He has never seen candy before.
15. What upsets Carrie about George?
(a) He teases her all of the time.
(b) He has opportunities she wants and he does not.
(c) He can act in the play and she can't.
(d) He is smarter than she is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Zach bring to the kids about school?
2. Whose shadow does Willie see at the end of Chapter 5?
3. What does Willie tell the children at the picnic that he likes to do?
4. Why do the country folk cover their windows at night?
5. After Willie's first day of school, what does Tom say they will begin that evening?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)