Short Answer Questions Key
1. In Chapter 1, what is on the sleeve of the woman's coat?
2. At the beginning of the novel, what is standing at the large iron gate of Tom's home?
A small group of children.
3. What is the mother's concern for her child's placement in Chapter 1?
That he be placed near a church.
4. What is hanging around Willie's neck?
A cardboard label.
5. How is Tom described in Chapter 1?
Average height and stocky.
6. How old is Tom?
In his sixties.
7. How old is Willie?
This section contains 5,281 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)