Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Chapter 1, "Meeting"
1. In Chapter 1, what is on the sleeve of the woman's coat?
2. At the beginning of the novel, what is standing at the large iron gate of Tom's home?
3. What is the mother's concern for her child's placement in Chapter 1?
4. What is hanging around Willie's neck?
5. How is Tom described in Chapter 1?
6. How old is Tom?
7. How old is Willie?
8. What does the word mackintosh refer to in chapter 1?
9. What does Tom's front door look out onto?
10. What does Tom cook for WiIlie on that first day?
11. What does WIllie discover is missing from Tom's house?
This section contains 2,162 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)