|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, "The Sea! The Sea! The Sea!".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Bible story doesTom tell Willie after his bath in Chapter 6?
(a) Noah's Ark.
(b) The creation.
(c) Joseph and his coat.
(d) Abraham and the commandments.
2. At the meeting, what does Tom volunteer to do?
(a) Help at the school.
(b) Run a canteen.
(c) Fire-watching duties.
(d) First-aid post.
3. What does Dobbs do to Willie when he tries to pat her after George does?
(a) Dobbs neighs.
(b) Dobbs nips at Willie's hand.
(c) Dobbs sends Willie stumbling backwards.
(d) Dobbs licks Willie's hand.
4. Why does Tom go to see Mrs. Fletcher after his fire-watch duty?
(a) He wants advice about Willie.
(b) Mrs. Fletcher is about to get a telegram.
(c) Anne Hartridge is about to get a telegram.
(d) He wants to speak with George.
5. What piece of himself does Tom finally share with Willie?
(a) The loss of his wife and baby.
(b) His grief in buying the paints for Willie.
(c) His need for a son.
(d) His struggle to teach Willie to read.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom carrying that surprises the librarian?
2. What does the chapter title "The Case" refer to?
3. What surprise has Tom gotten for Willie while they are in town?
4. Why are three children missing from Mrs. Hartridge's class on Monday in Chapter 14, "New Beginnings"?
5. What happens to Tom, Willie, and Sammie on the way home from their walk in Chapter 2?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)