|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, "The Sea! The Sea! The Sea!".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Bible story doesTom tell Willie after his bath in Chapter 6?
(a) The creation.
(b) Abraham and the commandments.
(c) Noah's Ark.
(d) Joseph and his coat.
2. Why are many of the evacuees sent back home in the beginning of "The Case" chapter?
(a) The war is over.
(b) They are too homesick.
(c) Their parents could not give the government money.
(d) They misbehaved.
3. How has Willie's room changed?
(a) The rubber sheets are gone.
(b) A picture of his mother is on the shelf.
(c) There are pictures on the walls of his drawings.
(d) The bed is larger than before.
4. Why doesn't Tom want to go into the paint store?
(a) Willie is afraid to go in.
(b) He has no time.
(c) He doesn't need paint.
(d) He hasn't been in there since Rachel died.
5. Why does Tom frown at Mrs. Fletcher in church?
(a) She attempts to sit next to him.
(b) She sings too loudly.
(c) She taliks to Willie during the service.
(d) She almost ruins Willie's birthday surprise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are George's girls sulking on the way to berry picking?
2. Why doesn't Willie talk to the girls as they pick blackberries?
3. What is the boy doing at the postmasters when Willie first meets him in Chapter 3, "Saturday Morning"?
4. What question does Carrie ask Mrs. Hartridge privately?
5. What name does Zach give the town where he, Tom, and Willie are vacationing?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)