|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, "The Sea! The Sea! The Sea!".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Tom, Zach, and Willie travel to the fishing village?
(a) By bicycle.
(b) By train.
(c) By boat.
(d) By cart.
2. Why are three children missing from Mrs. Hartridge's class on Monday in Chapter 14, "New Beginnings"?
(a) They were ill.
(c) The war.
(d) They went back to London.
3. What upsets Carrie about George?
(a) He has opportunities she wants and he does not.
(b) He teases her all of the time.
(c) He can act in the play and she can't.
(d) He is smarter than she is.
4. What piece of himself does Tom finally share with Willie?
(a) The loss of his wife and baby.
(b) His struggle to teach Willie to read.
(c) His grief in buying the paints for Willie.
(d) His need for a son.
5. How does Mrs. Beech first react when she sees Willie at the train station?
(a) She barely recognizes him.
(b) She cries.
(c) She hugs him.
(d) She yells at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom carrying that surprises the librarian?
2. What confusing saying did Zach leave Willie with on the night they first met?
3. After Willie's first day of school, what does Tom say they will begin that evening?
4. What is the Little's building?
5. How is Tom described in Chapter 1?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)