|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, "The Sea! The Sea! The Sea!".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the word mackintosh refer to in chapter 1?
(a) A computer.
(b) An apple.
(c) A brown bag.
(d) A jacket.
2. What present does Emilia Thorne give Willie that he has never had known before?
(a) A balaclava.
(d) A book.
3. How does Willie feel after spending the early evening with his mother?
(c) Like two people.
4. What does George invite Willie to do the day after they build the shelter?
(a) Picnic and berry pick.
(b) Dig another trench.
(c) Play with his sons.
5. In March, Tom gets a letter from Willie's mother. What does it say?
(a) She wants Willie to stay with Tom because the bombing is worse.
(b) She wants Willie to stay with Tom because she can't care for him.
(c) She wants Willie home because she is sick.
(d) She wants Willie home because the war is over.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are many of the evacuees sent back home in the beginning of "The Case" chapter?
2. What happens when Willie reads the part in Robert's absence?
3. Why does Willie go to the church to draw?
4. Why is Zach so excited to get Willie home from the church?
5. For what does Tom go to the draper?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)