|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, "The Sea! The Sea! The Sea!".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom cook for WiIlie on that first day?
2. In March, Tom gets a letter from Willie's mother. What does it say?
(a) She wants Willie to stay with Tom because she can't care for him.
(b) She wants Willie to stay with Tom because the bombing is worse.
(c) She wants Willie home because the war is over.
(d) She wants Willie home because she is sick.
3. What happens to Willie while he sleeps in the opening of Chapter 3, "Saturday Morning"?
(a) He cries.
(b) He has a wonderful dream.
(c) He sleeps soundly for the first time in his life.
(d) He wets the bed.
4. What problem does Willie have when he, Tom, and Sammy go out to the fields in Chapter 2?
(a) Willie has no boots, so he can't go.
(b) Willie does not want to go.
(c) Willie can't keep up.
(d) Willie is afraid to go.
5. When he comes to her house to visit, what does Mrs. Hartridge do for Willie to help him heal?
(a) She holds the baby at arms length from him.
(b) She feeds him ginger cake and lemonade.
(c) She speaks with him about her husband's death.
(d) She breastfeeds the baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Tom, Zach, and Willie travel to the fishing village?
2. At the beginning of the novel, what is standing at the large iron gate of Tom's home?
3. Who greets Willie outside of church after the service ends?
4. What does Tom teach Willie to do on their walk to mail the postcard?
5. What is Willie afraid Tom will write on the postcard to his mother?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)