|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, "The Sea! The Sea! The Sea!".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom teach Willie to do on their walk to mail the postcard?
(a) Knock at the door.
(b) Lock the gates.
(c) Milk a cow.
(d) Ride the horse.
2. How does Tom make everyone laugh over Mr. Ruddles's entrance?
(a) Tom is frustrated over so many people coming in to his home at once.
(b) Tom asks Ruddles if he had his nose under the door snooping.
(c) Tom makes a joke about the light.
(d) Sammie tries to lick Mr. Ruddles face, and Tom thinks its funny.
3. Why does Mrs. Beech beat Willie?
(a) Because he stole.
(b) Because he talked back to her.
(c) Because he has a Jewish friend.
(d) Because he had presents for her.
4. When he comes to her house to visit, what does Mrs. Hartridge do for Willie to help him heal?
(a) She feeds him ginger cake and lemonade.
(b) She holds the baby at arms length from him.
(c) She breastfeeds the baby.
(d) She speaks with him about her husband's death.
5. What is Zach fixing during the whole of Chapter 18, "Recovery"?
(a) A carriage for Mrs. Hartridge.
(b) An easel for Willie.
(c) A fence for Mrs. Little's garden.
(d) A bike for himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What big gift does Tom give to Willie for his birthday?
2. What happens when Willie reads the part in Robert's absence?
3. What present does Emilia Thorne give Willie that he has never had known before?
4. What does Willie believe happens at the end of church service?
5. Why is Zach so excited to get Willie home from the church?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)