|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, "The Sea! The Sea! The Sea!".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprise has Tom gotten for Willie while they are in town?
(a) Gas mask.
(b) Ice cream.
2. What does the psychiatrist recommend for Willie?
(a) To go back to his mother.
(b) To go to a children's home.
(c) To go home with Tom.
3. What does Charlie Rudder want of Tom?
(a) To cover his windows at night.
(b) To dig an air-raid shelter.
(c) To house more children.
(d) To wear a gas mask.
4. What news is Carrie waiting impatiently at the gate to give Zach after his return from the sea?
(a) She has passed the high school entrance exam.
(b) George will not be attending high school.
(c) Mrs. Hartridge has decided to teach high school.
(d) She has failed the high school entrance exam.
5. On their walk to the field in the beginning of Chapter 7, what does Tom have Willie do?
(a) Catch tadpoles.
(b) Race against Sam.
(c) Swim in the pond.
(d) Take off his boots to feel the grass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What big gift does Tom give to Willie for his birthday?
2. What do the townspeople do when Tom joins them at the meeting?
3. What does Willie tell the children at the picnic that he likes to do?
4. How does Willie feel about his bruises?
5. When he comes to her house to visit, what does Mrs. Hartridge do for Willie to help him heal?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)