|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, "The Sea! The Sea! The Sea!".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willie paint on his first day in Mrs. Hartridge's class?
(a) Mrs. Hartridge.
(b) The twins.
(c) Tom's house.
(d) An old man in an alleyway.
2. How is Tom feeling when Willie arrives at carol practice?
(a) Angry because Willie is late.
(b) Sad because Rachel is not there.
3. What is Willie able to do in the water almost immediately.
4. Why is George wearing a black armband?
(a) He is showing his loyalty to his country.
(b) His brother was reported missing, believed dead.
(c) His cousin was reported missing, believed dead.
(d) His father was reported missing, believed dead.
5. What does Zach want to do that surprises Willie after they first meet?
(a) He wants to take a bath.
(b) He wants to come back the next day.
(c) He wants to stay with Tom and Willie.
(d) He wants to get a hair cut.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the young Fletcher boys come looking for at Tom's?
2. What happens to Willie while he sleeps in the opening of Chapter 3, "Saturday Morning"?
3. What does Emilia Thorne often come to the house to do while Tom is at fire duty?
4. When he comes to her house to visit, what does Mrs. Hartridge do for Willie to help him heal?
5. What is Willie doing when George comes to fetch him to bring him to the first carol practice?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)