|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, "The Sea! The Sea! The Sea!".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Zach's impression of Willie?
(a) WIllie is a loner.
(b) Willie is afraid.
(c) Willie is kind.
(d) Willie is a talker.
2. What is Willie doing when George comes to fetch him to bring him to the first carol practice?
3. Why do the country folk cover their windows at night?
(a) To keep out the light of the missle blasts.
(b) To keep the bombers from seeing targets.
(c) To keep invaders from their homes.
(d) To keep out the early morning sun.
4. Why is George wearing a black armband?
(a) His brother was reported missing, believed dead.
(b) He is showing his loyalty to his country.
(c) His father was reported missing, believed dead.
(d) His cousin was reported missing, believed dead.
5. On their walk to the field in the beginning of Chapter 7, what does Tom have Willie do?
(a) Take off his boots to feel the grass.
(b) Swim in the pond.
(c) Race against Sam.
(d) Catch tadpoles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Beech first react when she sees Willie at the train station?
2. What do the young Fletcher boys come looking for at Tom's?
3. What does Willie tell the children at the picnic that he likes to do?
4. What is in Wilie's arms when they find him under the stair?
5. What does Zach do that makes the ceiling fall?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)