|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, "The Sea! The Sea! The Sea!".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Miller first greet Willie?
(a) Sadly, he feels sorry for poor, skinny Willie.
(b) Happily, he is glad to have the Londoners in town.
(c) Frightened, he is afraid Willie will be bad.
(d) Angrily, he is afraid he will steal from him.
2. Why doesn't Tom want to go into the paint store?
(a) He doesn't need paint.
(b) Willie is afraid to go in.
(c) He hasn't been in there since Rachel died.
(d) He has no time.
3. What news is Carrie waiting impatiently at the gate to give Zach after his return from the sea?
(a) Mrs. Hartridge has decided to teach high school.
(b) She has passed the high school entrance exam.
(c) George will not be attending high school.
(d) She has failed the high school entrance exam.
4. What is the mother's concern for her child's placement in Chapter 1?
(a) That he be placed with an elderly man.
(b) That he be placed near a school.
(c) That he be placed with other children.
(d) That he be placed near a church.
5. How is Tom described in Chapter 1?
(a) Average and thin.
(b) Average height and stocky.
(c) Small and thin.
(d) Tall and thick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie Rudder want of Tom?
2. What does Dobbs do to Willie when he tries to pat her after George does?
3. Why is Willie afraid to invite his friends to his room?
4. What is Willie afraid Tom will write on the postcard to his mother?
5. What do the Warden and Glad tell Tom about Mrs. Beech?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)