|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, "The Sea! The Sea! The Sea!".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What favor does Tom ask of the librarian?
(a) To let Willie have more than three books.
(b) To help Willie find picture books.
(c) To choose a book that she thinks appropriate for Willie.
(d) To watch Willie while Tom shops.
2. Why doesn't Tom want to go into the paint store?
(a) He doesn't need paint.
(b) He has no time.
(c) He hasn't been in there since Rachel died.
(d) Willie is afraid to go in.
3. What does Tom tell Mrs. Fletcher he has seen Willie do for the first time?
(d) Not wet his bed.
4. What does Willie decide about the play?
(a) He will quit.
(b) He will play the role of Bob Crachit.
(c) He will continue doing what he has been doing.
(d) He will play the role of Scrooge.
5. Who does WIllie meet while he is in the yard in Chapter 1?
(a) A young boy.
(b) The old lady neighbor.
(c) A dog.
(d) The school teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What big gift does Tom give to Willie for his birthday?
2. Whose shadow does Willie see at the end of Chapter 5?
3. Why does Willie want to cry when he reaches the gate to the field?
4. Why does Tom frown at Mrs. Fletcher in church?
5. Why doesn't the choir sing when Tom begins to play?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)