|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, "The Sea! The Sea! The Sea!".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are three children missing from Mrs. Hartridge's class on Monday in Chapter 14, "New Beginnings"?
(a) The war.
(c) They were ill.
(d) They went back to London.
2. Why does Willie get upset when Tom visits him in the hospital?
(a) Willie tells Tom he does not like the psychiatrist.
(b) Tom is not allowed to stay.
(c) Sammy is not with Tom.
(d) Tom does not plan on taking him home.
3. Why is Willie afraid to invite his friends to his room?
(a) The room is not fun.
(b) He still wets the bed.
(c) He thinks it will anger Tom.
(d) The room is very small.
4. Why do Mr. Fletcher and his sons come to Tom's house?
(a) To eat supper.
(b) To dig a trench.
(c) To build a room for Willie.
(d) To teach Willie about God.
5. What confusing saying did Zach leave Willie with on the night they first met?
(a) Roger, wilco, and out.
(b) See ya later, alligator.
(c) In a while, crocodile.
(d) Just looking for spies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willie believe happens at the end of church service?
2. Why doesn't Willie want to go into the toy shop?
3. What is ironic about Miss Thorne's thoughts concerning Willie's stay with Tom?
4. What does the chapter title "The Case" refer to?
5. How do Tom, Zach, and Willie travel to the fishing village?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)