|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, "The Sea! The Sea! The Sea!".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As March comes, what do the children get together to plan?
(a) A breakfast for Tom.
(b) Another play.
(c) A baby shower for Mrs. Hartridge.
(d) A visit to Spooky Cott.
2. What does Willie paint on his first day in Mrs. Hartridge's class?
(a) The twins.
(b) Mrs. Hartridge.
(c) Tom's house.
(d) An old man in an alleyway.
3. Which is NOT one of the reasons that Zach is worried about his parents?
(a) There has been a blitz in London.
(b) They are in the middle of a show.
(c) He has not received a note from them at the vacation spot.
(d) They have new jobs helping with the war effort.
4. Why does Tom go to see Mrs. Fletcher after his fire-watch duty?
(a) Mrs. Fletcher is about to get a telegram.
(b) Anne Hartridge is about to get a telegram.
(c) He wants to speak with George.
(d) He wants advice about Willie.
5. Why are George's girls sulking on the way to berry picking?
(a) They don't want to pick berries.
(b) They did not want the evacuues to come.
(c) They don't want Lucy to join them.
(d) They want bigger baskets for their berries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zach do that makes the ceiling fall?
2. At the meeting, what does Tom volunteer to do?
3. Who does WIllie meet while he is in the yard in Chapter 1?
4. What has Tom volunteered to do at the end of "The Show Must Go On"?
5. How does Willie feel about his bruises?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)