|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, "The Sea! The Sea! The Sea!".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't the choir sing when Tom begins to play?
(a) They are frightened of Tom.
(b) They are afraid they will not sound good.
(c) They want to hear him play.
(d) They don't know the song.
2. Why is Zach so excited to get Willie home from the church?
(a) He wants Willie to show everyone the drawing.
(b) There is a surprise party for him.
(c) His mother sent a gift.
(d) Lucy baked cookies for him.
3. What does Tom have a nightmare about after Willie is gone?
(a) Mrs. Beech.
(b) Bombings in London.
(c) Being locked in a tiny space with no air.
(d) Rachel's death.
4. What name does Zach give the town where he, Tom, and Willie are vacationing?
(a) Salty mouth.
(c) Fish town.
5. Why does Willie end up in Mrs. Black's class?
(a) Because he is an evacuee.
(b) Because he can't read.
(c) Because of his age.
(d) Because he is Catholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the psychiatrist recommend for Willie?
2. What does Tom take Willie into the fields to see in Chapter 7?
3. What does Willie decide about the play?
4. What does Zach want to do that surprises Willie after they first meet?
5. What does Willie believe happens at the end of church service?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)