|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, "The Sea! The Sea! The Sea!".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tom make everyone laugh over Mr. Ruddles's entrance?
(a) Tom asks Ruddles if he had his nose under the door snooping.
(b) Sammie tries to lick Mr. Ruddles face, and Tom thinks its funny.
(c) Tom makes a joke about the light.
(d) Tom is frustrated over so many people coming in to his home at once.
2. Who greets Willie outside of church after the service ends?
(a) Lucy, the daughter of Roe, the milk lady.
(b) The twins.
(c) The boy from the post office.
(d) Mrs. Hartridge, the teacher.
3. What confusing saying did Zach leave Willie with on the night they first met?
(a) Just looking for spies.
(b) In a while, crocodile.
(c) Roger, wilco, and out.
(d) See ya later, alligator.
4. What kind of a character is Mrs. Fletcher?
(a) Mean and nasty.
(c) A gossip.
(d) Kind and sweet.
5. Why does Willie wish he had never gone to Weirwold?
(a) So he would always think his mom was kind and loving.
(b) Because he missed his mother.
(c) Because the people there only pretended to care.
(d) So he would not be such a sinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emilia Thorne often come to the house to do while Tom is at fire duty?
2. Why can't Robert play the role of Scrooge?
3. What is Willie doing when George comes to fetch him to bring him to the first carol practice?
4. Why do Mr. Fletcher and his sons come to Tom's house?
5. What does Willie believe happens at the end of church service?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)