|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, "The Sea! The Sea! The Sea!".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willie ask Tom to help him with while he is in the library?
(b) Finding a book.
(c) Getting a book off of the shelf.
(d) Learning his alphabet.
2. Why doesn't Willie pick the color red for his suspenders?
(a) He isn't given the choice of red.
(b) Tom says he doesn't like red.
(c) His mother told him red was sinful.
(d) Willie doesn't like red.
3. How does Tom defend Willie against the question posed by the Fletcher boy about Willie's shirt?
(a) He says Willie has a fever he needs to sweat out.
(b) He says it is no one's business.
(c) He says Willie is too thin to take off his shirt.
(d) He says Willie has bruises he needs to cover.
4. What is the Little's building?
(a) A school for the children.
(b) A trench for feeding the horses.
(c) A bird house.
(d) An air-raid shelter.
5. Why do Mr. Fletcher and his sons come to Tom's house?
(a) To eat supper.
(b) To build a room for Willie.
(c) To teach Willie about God.
(d) To dig a trench.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom teach Willie to do on their walk to mail the postcard?
2. What happens to Tom, Willie, and Sammie on the way home from their walk in Chapter 2?
3. What Bible story does Tom tell Willie?
4. What kind of a character is Mrs. Fletcher?
5. Why does Willie get upset when Tom visits him in the hospital?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)