|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, "The Sea! The Sea! The Sea!".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first of Willie's drawings that everyone sees on his birthday?
(a) A person praying in church.
(b) The pulpit.
(c) An eagle flying in the rain.
(d) Jesus on the cross.
2. Which is NOT one of the reasons that Zach is worried about his parents?
(a) There has been a blitz in London.
(b) They have new jobs helping with the war effort.
(c) He has not received a note from them at the vacation spot.
(d) They are in the middle of a show.
3. What does Tom think of Zach?
(a) That he is rude.
(b) That he is too thin.
(c) That he needs a haircut.
(d) That he is intelligent.
4. What does Tom have ready in the morning after Willie sleeps in the bed?
(a) A new comic book.
(b) A tub of hot water.
(c) A new mattress.
(d) Breakfast in bed.
5. Whose shadow does Willie see at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) The boy from the post office.
(b) His mother's.
(c) A dog's.
(d) The vicar's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tom frown at Mrs. Fletcher in church?
2. How is Tom described in Chapter 1?
3. What do the young Fletcher boys come looking for at Tom's?
4. What upsets Carrie about George?
5. How does Willie feel about his bruises?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)