|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, "The Sea! The Sea! The Sea!".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As March comes, what do the children get together to plan?
(a) Another play.
(b) A visit to Spooky Cott.
(c) A baby shower for Mrs. Hartridge.
(d) A breakfast for Tom.
2. Why do the country folk cover their windows at night?
(a) To keep out the early morning sun.
(b) To keep invaders from their homes.
(c) To keep out the light of the missle blasts.
(d) To keep the bombers from seeing targets.
3. Why does Willie end up in Mrs. Black's class?
(a) Because of his age.
(b) Because he is Catholic.
(c) Because he can't read.
(d) Because he is an evacuee.
4. What happens to Willie's desserts at the picnic?
(a) He eats them all.
(b) He hides what he can't eat.
(c) Ants raid them.
(d) The other children help him finish them.
5. How does Tom defend Willie against the question posed by the Fletcher boy about Willie's shirt?
(a) He says Willie has a fever he needs to sweat out.
(b) He says it is no one's business.
(c) He says Willie has bruises he needs to cover.
(d) He says Willie is too thin to take off his shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willie tell the children at the picnic that he likes to do?
2. What is Tom's first reaction to the singing of the choir?
3. On their walk to the field in the beginning of Chapter 7, what does Tom have Willie do?
4. Why doesn't Tom want to go into the paint store?
5. How does Nancy Little's entrance into church surprise Willie?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)