|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, "The Sea! The Sea! The Sea!".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the meeting, what does Tom volunteer to do?
(a) First-aid post.
(b) Run a canteen.
(c) Fire-watching duties.
(d) Help at the school.
2. What is the boy doing at the postmasters when Willie first meets him in Chapter 3, "Saturday Morning"?
(a) He is conversing with the postmaster.
(b) He is writing to his mother.
(c) He was reading a newspaper.
(d) He is sitting in a chair.
3. Why has Willie chosen to rise a bit earlier every day at the beginning of the "Birthday" chapter?
(a) To practice drawing.
(b) To practice reading and writing.
(c) To work in the garden.
(d) To practice running.
4. How does Tom make everyone laugh over Mr. Ruddles's entrance?
(a) Tom is frustrated over so many people coming in to his home at once.
(b) Tom asks Ruddles if he had his nose under the door snooping.
(c) Tom makes a joke about the light.
(d) Sammie tries to lick Mr. Ruddles face, and Tom thinks its funny.
5. What Bible story does Tom tell Willie?
(b) Noah's Ark.
(c) Sodom and Gomarah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does WIllie discover is missing from Tom's house?
2. What do all of the children come to tell Willie after the first day of school?
3. What new name does Zach give to Willie?
4. What does Tom cook for WiIlie on that first day?
5. Why does Willie wish he had never gone to Weirwold?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)