|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, "The Sea! The Sea! The Sea!".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Willie while he sleeps in the opening of Chapter 3, "Saturday Morning"?
(a) He has a wonderful dream.
(b) He wets the bed.
(c) He cries.
(d) He sleeps soundly for the first time in his life.
2. What does the word mackintosh refer to in chapter 1?
(a) A computer.
(b) An apple.
(c) A jacket.
(d) A brown bag.
3. When he comes to her house to visit, what does Mrs. Hartridge do for Willie to help him heal?
(a) She holds the baby at arms length from him.
(b) She breastfeeds the baby.
(c) She feeds him ginger cake and lemonade.
(d) She speaks with him about her husband's death.
4. Why does Willie wish he had never gone to Weirwold?
(a) Because the people there only pretended to care.
(b) So he would not be such a sinner.
(c) So he would always think his mom was kind and loving.
(d) Because he missed his mother.
5. What present does Emilia Thorne give Willie that he has never had known before?
(a) A balaclava.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willie discover about his mother in Chapter 18, "Recovery"?
2. On one visit to Willie, Zach brings up one subject a few times that disturbs Willie. What is it?
3. What is the mother's concern for her child's placement in Chapter 1?
4. What Bible story does Tom tell Willie?
5. What do the townspeople do when Tom joins them at the meeting?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)