|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, "The Sea! The Sea! The Sea!".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the psychiatrist recommend for Willie?
(a) To go back to his mother.
(c) To go home with Tom.
(d) To go to a children's home.
2. In the beginning of Chapter 18, "The Recovery," what does Tom recommend Willie do after his nightmare?
(a) Scream loudly.
(b) Stay quiet.
(c) Go for a run.
3. What is the mother's concern for her child's placement in Chapter 1?
(a) That he be placed with an elderly man.
(b) That he be placed near a school.
(c) That he be placed with other children.
(d) That he be placed near a church.
4. Why is Willie panicked in the newspaper shop?
(a) He never had to choose a candy before.
(b) He does not understand what Tom wants him to do.
(c) He does not know what the shopkeeper is asking.
(d) He has never seen candy before.
5. How does Willie feel about his first day of school?
(a) He is ready to learn.
(b) It is a bad day.
(c) He is angry at Mrs. Hartridge.
(d) He is excited to be in Mrs. Black's class.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Tom, Zach, and Willie travel to the fishing village?
2. Why does Willie want to cry when he reaches the gate to the field?
3. After Willie's first day of school, what does Tom say they will begin that evening?
4. Why does Willie end up in Mrs. Black's class?
5. What does Willie tell the children at the picnic that he likes to do?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)