|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Search".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom add to the shelter?
(a) Bunk beds, candles, and plants.
(b) A wireless.
(c) Canned food.
(d) Bunk beds only.
2. Why hasn't Willie painted at school?
(a) His mother won't let him.
(b) Because he can't read and write.
(c) He is too poor.
(d) The other kids won't let him.
3. Why is Doctor Little surprised when he looks at Willie?
(a) He has lice.
(b) He has so many bruises.
(c) His socks have fallen down.
(d) He is very small for his age.
4. What is ironic about Miss Thorne's thoughts concerning Willie's stay with Tom?
(a) She thinks Tom will take care of him the way his mother can't.
(b) She thinks Willie needs city air when he really needs the country air.
(c) She thinks Tom will teach Willie things he does not need.
(d) She thinks Willie is in a bad place with Tom and away from his mother.
5. Why are three children missing from Mrs. Hartridge's class on Monday in Chapter 14, "New Beginnings"?
(a) They went back to London.
(b) The war.
(c) They were ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom tell Mrs. Fletcher he has seen Willie do for the first time?
2. What question does Carrie ask Mrs. Hartridge privately?
3. At the meeting, what does Tom volunteer to do?
4. What happens when Willie reads the part in Robert's absence?
5. Who does WIllie meet while he is in the yard in Chapter 1?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)