|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Search".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the word mackintosh refer to in chapter 1?
(a) A brown bag.
(b) An apple.
(c) A jacket.
(d) A computer.
2. How old is Tom?
(a) In his forties.
(b) In his thirties.
(c) In his sixties.
(d) In his fifties.
3. Why does Willie end up in Mrs. Black's class?
(a) Because of his age.
(b) Because he can't read.
(c) Because he is Catholic.
(d) Because he is an evacuee.
4. Why does May Thorne begin delivering the mail?
(a) She is the only one with a bicycle.
(b) The postman is ill.
(c) The postman ran into a tree.
(d) The postman is called to the war.
5. On their walk in Chapter 2, what does Willie do for Tom?
(a) He carries his bag.
(b) He picks berries.
(c) He whistles to him.
(d) He walks the dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nancy Little's entrance into church surprise Willie?
2. Why does Tom go to see Mrs. Fletcher after his fire-watch duty?
3. Why does Willie wish he had never gone to Weirwold?
4. How does the boy at the postmaster's differ from Wilie?
5. How does Tom get into Mrs. Beech's house?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)