|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Search".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is George wearing a black armband?
(a) His brother was reported missing, believed dead.
(b) He is showing his loyalty to his country.
(c) His cousin was reported missing, believed dead.
(d) His father was reported missing, believed dead.
2. What happens to Willie's desserts at the picnic?
(a) He eats them all.
(b) He hides what he can't eat.
(c) The other children help him finish them.
(d) Ants raid them.
3. What is hanging around Willie's neck?
(a) A cardboard label.
(b) A cross.
(c) A picture of his mother.
(d) Rosary Beads.
4. What does Charlie Rudder want of Tom?
(a) To wear a gas mask.
(b) To dig an air-raid shelter.
(c) To cover his windows at night.
(d) To house more children.
5. What does Tom want Mrs. Fletcher to do for him in Chapter 2?
(a) Buy boots for Willie.
(b) Knit Tom a jersey.
(c) Take Willie from Tom.
(d) Knit a jersey for Willie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zach do that makes the ceiling fall?
2. Why does Willie want to cry when he reaches the gate to the field?
3. Why is Willie panicked in the newspaper shop?
4. Why do the country folk cover their windows at night?
5. What does Tom teach Willie to do on their walk to mail the postcard?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)