|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Search".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the country folk cover their windows at night?
(a) To keep out the light of the missle blasts.
(b) To keep invaders from their homes.
(c) To keep the bombers from seeing targets.
(d) To keep out the early morning sun.
2. How does Willie feel about his first day of school?
(a) He is angry at Mrs. Hartridge.
(b) It is a bad day.
(c) He is ready to learn.
(d) He is excited to be in Mrs. Black's class.
3. For what does Tom go to the draper?
(a) Clothes for himself.
(c) Clothes for Willie.
(d) Black material for the windows at night.
4. Who does WIllie meet while he is in the yard in Chapter 1?
(a) A dog.
(b) A young boy.
(c) The old lady neighbor.
(d) The school teacher.
5. What does Zach want to do that surprises Willie after they first meet?
(a) He wants to come back the next day.
(b) He wants to take a bath.
(c) He wants to get a hair cut.
(d) He wants to stay with Tom and Willie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Willie wish he had never gone to Weirwold?
2. Why does Tom frown at Mrs. Fletcher in church?
3. What is Sammy doing to Willie when Willie wakes up?
4. Where does Willie's mother put him after she beats him?
5. How does the boy at the postmaster's differ from Wilie?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)