|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Search".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Tom?
(a) In his fifties.
(b) In his thirties.
(c) In his forties.
(d) In his sixties.
2. What does Emilia Thorne often come to the house to do while Tom is at fire duty?
(b) Keep Willie company.
(c) Deliver books.
(d) Teach Willie rhymes and poems.
3. Why is the librarian astonished that Tom wants a card for Willie?
(a) Tom hates the library.
(b) She sees Tom as being uninvolved.
(c) She knows Willie can't read.
(d) There is a rule against cards for placed children.
4. Why doesn't Willie pick the color red for his suspenders?
(a) Willie doesn't like red.
(b) His mother told him red was sinful.
(c) He isn't given the choice of red.
(d) Tom says he doesn't like red.
5. What is the first of Willie's drawings that everyone sees on his birthday?
(a) An eagle flying in the rain.
(b) A person praying in church.
(c) The pulpit.
(d) Jesus on the cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Willie afraid to invite his friends to his room?
2. What favor does Tom ask of the librarian?
3. How does Tom get into Mrs. Beech's house?
4. How has Willie's room changed?
5. What happens to Tom, Willie, and Sammie on the way home from their walk in Chapter 2?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)