|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Search".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is ironic about Miss Thorne's thoughts concerning Willie's stay with Tom?
(a) She thinks Tom will take care of him the way his mother can't.
(b) She thinks Willie needs city air when he really needs the country air.
(c) She thinks Willie is in a bad place with Tom and away from his mother.
(d) She thinks Tom will teach Willie things he does not need.
2. How has Willie's room changed?
(a) There are pictures on the walls of his drawings.
(b) The bed is larger than before.
(c) A picture of his mother is on the shelf.
(d) The rubber sheets are gone.
3. What is Willie's first thought of Mrs. Hartridge?
(a) She is mean looking.
(b) She is funny.
(c) She is fat.
(d) She is beautiful.
4. In Chapter 8, what is different about school this term ?
(a) It is much more crowded.
(b) There are no Catholics.
(c) The evacuees have their own room.
(d) A new teacher has been hired to teach the evacuees.
5. What is Willie doing when George comes to fetch him to bring him to the first carol practice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mother's concern for her child's placement in Chapter 1?
2. Why is Doctor Little surprised when he looks at Willie?
3. What does Emilia Thorne often come to the house to do while Tom is at fire duty?
4. What does Willie believe happens at the end of church service?
5. What is Tom carrying that surprises the librarian?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)