|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Search".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom say about the comic book he wants Willie to choose?
(a) Tom will read it to him.
(b) Willie can learn to read using it.
(c) Willie can look at the pictures.
(d) Tom rushes Willie into his choice of one.
2. Why is George wearing a black armband?
(a) His cousin was reported missing, believed dead.
(b) He is showing his loyalty to his country.
(c) His father was reported missing, believed dead.
(d) His brother was reported missing, believed dead.
3. Why does Willie wish he had never gone to Weirwold?
(a) So he would not be such a sinner.
(b) Because he missed his mother.
(c) Because the people there only pretended to care.
(d) So he would always think his mom was kind and loving.
4. Why does Willie end up in Mrs. Black's class?
(a) Because he is Catholic.
(b) Because he is an evacuee.
(c) Because of his age.
(d) Because he can't read.
5. What kind of a character is Mrs. Fletcher?
(a) Mean and nasty.
(b) A gossip.
(d) Kind and sweet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willie tell the children at the picnic that he likes to do?
2. What is Willie afraid Tom will write on the postcard to his mother?
3. How does Willie feel after spending the early evening with his mother?
4. What favor does Tom ask of the librarian?
5. What news does Zach bring to the kids about school?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)