|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Search".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Beech first react when she sees Willie at the train station?
(a) She barely recognizes him.
(b) She cries.
(c) She hugs him.
(d) She yells at him.
2. What does Dobbs do to Willie when he tries to pat her after George does?
(a) Dobbs nips at Willie's hand.
(b) Dobbs neighs.
(c) Dobbs licks Willie's hand.
(d) Dobbs sends Willie stumbling backwards.
3. What is the first of Willie's drawings that everyone sees on his birthday?
(a) Jesus on the cross.
(b) A person praying in church.
(c) An eagle flying in the rain.
(d) The pulpit.
4. What do all of the children come to tell Willie after the first day of school?
(a) That reading and writing are fun.
(b) That they cannot be friends with Willie any longer.
(c) That they are upset that Willie is not in their class.
(d) That the teachers were mean to put him in Mrs. Black's class.
5. What does the Prime Minister inform the country over the wireless?
(a) The ir was over.
(b) England is at war with Germany.
(c) Germany has invaded England.
(d) Germany has withdrawn from Poland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willie believe happens at the end of church service?
2. Why doesn't Tom want to go into the paint store?
3. What does George invite Willie to do the day after they build the shelter?
4. What is Zach's impression of Willie?
5. What does Tom need from Roe in Chapter 2?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)