|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Search".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Willie want to cry when he reaches the gate to the field?
(a) Sam is licking his face.
(b) Willie's mother says running is sinful.
(c) Tom is mad at him for going so fast.
(d) He was terrible at running.
2. What upsets Carrie about George?
(a) He teases her all of the time.
(b) He can act in the play and she can't.
(c) He is smarter than she is.
(d) He has opportunities she wants and he does not.
3. What is different about Zach that Tom and George both note?
(a) His lack of intelligence.
(b) His vocabulary.
(c) His laugh.
(d) His clothing.
4. What does George invite Willie to do the day after they build the shelter?
(a) Dig another trench.
(c) Picnic and berry pick.
(d) Play with his sons.
5. Why is the librarian astonished that Tom wants a card for Willie?
(a) She sees Tom as being uninvolved.
(b) There is a rule against cards for placed children.
(c) She knows Willie can't read.
(d) Tom hates the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Willie's desserts at the picnic?
2. How does Willie feel about his bruises?
3. What is Willie afraid Tom will write on the postcard to his mother?
4. Why is Zach so excited to get Willie home from the church?
5. What happens at the end of Chapter 2 that makes Willie smile?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)