|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Search".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the country folk cover their windows at night?
(a) To keep invaders from their homes.
(b) To keep out the early morning sun.
(c) To keep the bombers from seeing targets.
(d) To keep out the light of the missle blasts.
2. What does Tom do after carol practice when only he and Willie are in the church?
(a) He sings a song that Rachel loved.
(b) He admits that he was nervous to play for the choir.
(c) He admits that the choir is bad.
(d) He plays a song that Rachel loved.
3. What do all of the children come to tell Willie after the first day of school?
(a) That the teachers were mean to put him in Mrs. Black's class.
(b) That they cannot be friends with Willie any longer.
(c) That they are upset that Willie is not in their class.
(d) That reading and writing are fun.
4. How does Mr. Miller first greet Willie?
(a) Frightened, he is afraid Willie will be bad.
(b) Sadly, he feels sorry for poor, skinny Willie.
(c) Happily, he is glad to have the Londoners in town.
(d) Angrily, he is afraid he will steal from him.
5. What do the Warden and Glad tell Tom about Mrs. Beech?
(a) She is a hard worker.
(b) She is a good person.
(c) She thinks she is above everyone else.
(d) She beats her child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emilia Thorne often come to the house to do while Tom is at fire duty?
2. Why has Willie chosen to rise a bit earlier every day at the beginning of the "Birthday" chapter?
3. What has Tom volunteered to do at the end of "The Show Must Go On"?
4. What happens to Tom, Willie, and Sammie on the way home from their walk in Chapter 2?
5. Why is Doctor Little surprised when he looks at Willie?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)