|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Search".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is hanging around Willie's neck?
(a) Rosary Beads.
(b) A picture of his mother.
(c) A cardboard label.
(d) A cross.
2. What change comes for Willie at the end of the "Friday" chapter when his friends come to visit?
(a) They learn that he has been beaten.
(b) He no longer wets the bed.
(c) He no longer feels frightened.
(d) He no longer has any bruises.
3. What present does Emilia Thorne give Willie that he has never had known before?
(b) A balaclava.
(c) A book.
4. Why doesn't Willie pick the color red for his suspenders?
(a) He isn't given the choice of red.
(b) Willie doesn't like red.
(c) His mother told him red was sinful.
(d) Tom says he doesn't like red.
5. What Bible story doesTom tell Willie after his bath in Chapter 6?
(a) Noah's Ark.
(b) Abraham and the commandments.
(c) Joseph and his coat.
(d) The creation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom cook for WiIlie on that first day?
2. On their walk to the field in the beginning of Chapter 7, what does Tom have Willie do?
3. What is different about Zach that Tom and George both note?
4. What is Tom's first reaction to the singing of the choir?
5. What does Tom take Willie into the fields to see in Chapter 7?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)