|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "The Search".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Willie's first thought of Mrs. Hartridge?
(a) She is funny.
(b) She is beautiful.
(c) She is mean looking.
(d) She is fat.
2. Why do the country folk cover their windows at night?
(a) To keep the bombers from seeing targets.
(b) To keep invaders from their homes.
(c) To keep out the light of the missle blasts.
(d) To keep out the early morning sun.
3. Why can't Robert play the role of Scrooge?
(a) His mother does not want him to.
(b) He is sent back to London.
(c) He can't memorize the lines.
(d) He has become ill.
4. What happens to Tom, Willie, and Sammie on the way home from their walk in Chapter 2?
(a) They slide down a ravine.
(b) A bomb explodes nearby.
(c) It rains heavily on them.
(d) Nothing in particular.
5. What does Zach tell Willie that his parents do for a living?
(a) They work in the theater.
(b) They work for the government.
(c) They are serving in the war.
(d) They are teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Prime Minister inform the country over the wireless?
2. On their walk to the field in the beginning of Chapter 7, what does Tom have Willie do?
3. What has Tom volunteered to do at the end of "The Show Must Go On"?
4. Why are many of the evacuees sent back home in the beginning of "The Case" chapter?
5. What does Tom cook for WiIlie on that first day?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)