|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, "School".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the boy doing at the postmasters when Willie first meets him in Chapter 3, "Saturday Morning"?
(a) He was reading a newspaper.
(b) He is conversing with the postmaster.
(c) He is sitting in a chair.
(d) He is writing to his mother.
2. What is the Little's building?
(a) A school for the children.
(b) An air-raid shelter.
(c) A trench for feeding the horses.
(d) A bird house.
3. How does Tom defend Willie against the question posed by the Fletcher boy about Willie's shirt?
(a) He says Willie is too thin to take off his shirt.
(b) He says it is no one's business.
(c) He says Willie has a fever he needs to sweat out.
(d) He says Willie has bruises he needs to cover.
4. What is different about Zach that Tom and George both note?
(a) His laugh.
(b) His clothing.
(c) His vocabulary.
(d) His lack of intelligence.
5. What does Tom teach Willie to do on their walk to mail the postcard?
(a) Lock the gates.
(b) Ride the horse.
(c) Milk a cow.
(d) Knock at the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom add to the shelter?
2. What surprise has Tom gotten for Willie while they are in town?
3. What of Tom's did Zach use to finish the shelter?
4. How does the boy at the postmaster's differ from Wilie?
5. What do all of the children come to tell Willie after the first day of school?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)