|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, "School".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tom make everyone laugh over Mr. Ruddles's entrance?
(a) Tom asks Ruddles if he had his nose under the door snooping.
(b) Tom is frustrated over so many people coming in to his home at once.
(c) Tom makes a joke about the light.
(d) Sammie tries to lick Mr. Ruddles face, and Tom thinks its funny.
2. In Chapter 8, what is different about school this term ?
(a) A new teacher has been hired to teach the evacuees.
(b) The evacuees have their own room.
(c) There are no Catholics.
(d) It is much more crowded.
3. What is Willie's first thought of Mrs. Hartridge?
(a) She is fat.
(b) She is beautiful.
(c) She is mean looking.
(d) She is funny.
4. For what does Tom go to the draper?
(a) Black material for the windows at night.
(b) Clothes for Willie.
(d) Clothes for himself.
5. What is the boy doing at the postmasters when Willie first meets him in Chapter 3, "Saturday Morning"?
(a) He is sitting in a chair.
(b) He was reading a newspaper.
(c) He is conversing with the postmaster.
(d) He is writing to his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Miller first greet Willie?
2. On their walk in Chapter 2, what does Willie do for Tom?
3. Why does Willie end up in Mrs. Black's class?
4. Who greets Willie outside of church after the service ends?
5. What surprise has Tom gotten for Willie while they are in town?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)