|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, "School".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are George's girls sulking on the way to berry picking?
(a) They want bigger baskets for their berries.
(b) They don't want to pick berries.
(c) They did not want the evacuues to come.
(d) They don't want Lucy to join them.
2. Why do Mr. Fletcher and his sons come to Tom's house?
(a) To build a room for Willie.
(b) To eat supper.
(c) To dig a trench.
(d) To teach Willie about God.
3. What does Mrs. Beech mean when she writes that she had "sewn him in for the winter"?
(a) She had Willie sow a promise to be good.
(b) Willie's undergarments would not come off.
(c) She had stitched Willie's injuries.
(d) She had insured he would stay inside all winter.
4. What does Tom need from Roe in Chapter 2?
(a) Bones for Sammy.
(c) Extra eggs.
(d) Extra milk.
5. What does the vicar ask Willie to do at church?
(a) Clean the floor.
(b) Put hymnals on the benches.
(c) Pick up the books.
(d) Sit quietly.
Short Answer Questions
1. On their walk to the field in the beginning of Chapter 7, what does Tom have Willie do?
2. What problem does Willie have when he, Tom, and Sammy go out to the fields in Chapter 2?
3. What does WIllie discover is missing from Tom's house?
4. Why is Willie afraid of the bath?
5. How does Mr. Miller first greet Willie?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)