|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, "School".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Willie end up in Mrs. Black's class?
(a) Because he can't read.
(b) Because he is an evacuee.
(c) Because of his age.
(d) Because he is Catholic.
2. What does Tom think of Zach?
(a) That he is too thin.
(b) That he needs a haircut.
(c) That he is rude.
(d) That he is intelligent.
3. What does Doctor Little diagnose Willie with?
4. What does Tom take Willie into the fields to see in Chapter 7?
(c) Fruits and vegetables.
5. What does Mrs. Beech mean when she writes that she had "sewn him in for the winter"?
(a) Willie's undergarments would not come off.
(b) She had insured he would stay inside all winter.
(c) She had stitched Willie's injuries.
(d) She had Willie sow a promise to be good.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Willie's first thought of Mrs. Hartridge?
2. What is ironic about Miss Thorne's thoughts concerning Willie's stay with Tom?
3. What is Tom carrying that surprises the librarian?
4. What is the boy doing at the postmasters when Willie first meets him in Chapter 3, "Saturday Morning"?
5. How does Mr. Miller first greet Willie?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)