|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, "School".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do all of the children come to tell Willie after the first day of school?
(a) That they cannot be friends with Willie any longer.
(b) That the teachers were mean to put him in Mrs. Black's class.
(c) That reading and writing are fun.
(d) That they are upset that Willie is not in their class.
2. What is the Little's building?
(a) A school for the children.
(b) A trench for feeding the horses.
(c) A bird house.
(d) An air-raid shelter.
3. What does Zach tell Willie that his parents do for a living?
(a) They work for the government.
(b) They are serving in the war.
(c) They are teachers.
(d) They work in the theater.
4. What does Willie tell the children at the picnic that he likes to do?
(d) Pick berries.
5. What does Willie ask Tom to help him with while he is in the library?
(a) Getting a book off of the shelf.
(c) Learning his alphabet.
(d) Finding a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What of Tom's did Zach use to finish the shelter?
2. What happens to Willie's desserts at the picnic?
3. What happens to Willie while he sleeps in the opening of Chapter 3, "Saturday Morning"?
4. What does Tom say about the comic book he wants Willie to choose?
5. For what does Tom go to the draper?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)