|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, "School".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Willie afraid Tom will write on the postcard to his mother?
(a) That she should come get him at once.
(b) That he can't read and write.
(c) That he has been a bad boy.
(d) That she should come for his birthday.
2. How does Mr. Miller first greet Willie?
(a) Frightened, he is afraid Willie will be bad.
(b) Happily, he is glad to have the Londoners in town.
(c) Angrily, he is afraid he will steal from him.
(d) Sadly, he feels sorry for poor, skinny Willie.
3. How does the boy at the postmaster's differ from Wilie?
(a) He is much smarter.
(b) He is much fatter.
(c) He is much tanner.
(d) He is much older.
4. What does Mrs. Beech mean when she writes that she had "sewn him in for the winter"?
(a) She had insured he would stay inside all winter.
(b) She had Willie sow a promise to be good.
(c) Willie's undergarments would not come off.
(d) She had stitched Willie's injuries.
5. Why do the country folk cover their windows at night?
(a) To keep out the early morning sun.
(b) To keep out the light of the missle blasts.
(c) To keep invaders from their homes.
(d) To keep the bombers from seeing targets.
Short Answer Questions
1. On their walk to the field in the beginning of Chapter 7, what does Tom have Willie do?
2. What does Tom add to the shelter?
3. What is ironic about Miss Thorne's thoughts concerning Willie's stay with Tom?
4. What do the young Fletcher boys come looking for at Tom's?
5. What happens to Tom, Willie, and Sammie on the way home from their walk in Chapter 2?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)