|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, "School".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the country folk cover their windows at night?
(a) To keep out the early morning sun.
(b) To keep the bombers from seeing targets.
(c) To keep invaders from their homes.
(d) To keep out the light of the missle blasts.
2. Why does Tom frown at Mrs. Fletcher in church?
(a) She attempts to sit next to him.
(b) She taliks to Willie during the service.
(c) She sings too loudly.
(d) She almost ruins Willie's birthday surprise.
3. What favor does Tom ask of the librarian?
(a) To help Willie find picture books.
(b) To let Willie have more than three books.
(c) To choose a book that she thinks appropriate for Willie.
(d) To watch Willie while Tom shops.
4. What surprise has Tom gotten for Willie while they are in town?
(a) Gas mask.
(c) Ice cream.
5. What happens to Willie while he sleeps in the opening of Chapter 3, "Saturday Morning"?
(a) He cries.
(b) He sleeps soundly for the first time in his life.
(c) He has a wonderful dream.
(d) He wets the bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Willie's desserts at the picnic?
2. In Chapter 1, what is on the sleeve of the woman's coat?
3. What does Charlie Rudder want of Tom?
4. What is ironic about Miss Thorne's thoughts concerning Willie's stay with Tom?
5. What does Tom want Mrs. Fletcher to do for him in Chapter 2?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)