|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, "School".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Bible story doesTom tell Willie after his bath in Chapter 6?
(a) Noah's Ark.
(b) Abraham and the commandments.
(c) The creation.
(d) Joseph and his coat.
2. In Chapter 1, what is on the sleeve of the woman's coat?
(a) An armband.
(b) A patch.
(d) The letter S.
3. What does Charlie Rudder want of Tom?
(a) To house more children.
(b) To dig an air-raid shelter.
(c) To wear a gas mask.
(d) To cover his windows at night.
4. What is the mother's concern for her child's placement in Chapter 1?
(a) That he be placed with other children.
(b) That he be placed near a church.
(c) That he be placed near a school.
(d) That he be placed with an elderly man.
5. Why doesn't Tom want to go into the paint store?
(a) He hasn't been in there since Rachel died.
(b) He doesn't need paint.
(c) He has no time.
(d) Willie is afraid to go in.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the meeting, what does Tom volunteer to do?
2. On their walk in Chapter 2, what does Willie do for Tom?
3. How does Tom make everyone laugh over Mr. Ruddles's entrance?
4. How does the boy at the postmaster's differ from Wilie?
5. After Willie's first day of school, what does Tom say they will begin that evening?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)