|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "Zach".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the mother's concern for her child's placement in Chapter 1?
(a) That he be placed near a church.
(b) That he be placed near a school.
(c) That he be placed with other children.
(d) That he be placed with an elderly man.
2. What does Tom teach Willie to do on their walk to mail the postcard?
(a) Knock at the door.
(b) Ride the horse.
(c) Milk a cow.
(d) Lock the gates.
3. How does Mr. Miller first greet Willie?
(a) Angrily, he is afraid he will steal from him.
(b) Happily, he is glad to have the Londoners in town.
(c) Frightened, he is afraid Willie will be bad.
(d) Sadly, he feels sorry for poor, skinny Willie.
4. What does Tom want Mrs. Fletcher to do for him in Chapter 2?
(a) Buy boots for Willie.
(b) Take Willie from Tom.
(c) Knit a jersey for Willie.
(d) Knit Tom a jersey.
5. Why is Willie panicked in the newspaper shop?
(a) He does not understand what Tom wants him to do.
(b) He never had to choose a candy before.
(c) He has never seen candy before.
(d) He does not know what the shopkeeper is asking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom cook for WiIlie on that first day?
2. What surprise has Tom gotten for Willie while they are in town?
3. At the beginning of the novel, what is standing at the large iron gate of Tom's home?
4. What of Tom's did Zach use to finish the shelter?
5. Why hasn't Willie painted at school?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)