|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "Zach".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what book does Tom read to Willie after his bath in Chapter 6?
(a) Just So Stories.
(b) King Arthur.
(c) White Fang.
(d) The Bible.
2. What Bible story doesTom tell Willie after his bath in Chapter 6?
(a) Joseph and his coat.
(b) Noah's Ark.
(c) The creation.
(d) Abraham and the commandments.
3. What happens at the end of Chapter 2 that makes Willie smile?
(a) Tom let him cook.
(b) He ate potatoes.
(c) The dog licked his face.
(d) Tom gave him socks that were way too big.
4. How does Tom defend Willie against the question posed by the Fletcher boy about Willie's shirt?
(a) He says Willie has bruises he needs to cover.
(b) He says it is no one's business.
(c) He says Willie has a fever he needs to sweat out.
(d) He says Willie is too thin to take off his shirt.
5. What does Charlie Rudder want of Tom?
(a) To dig an air-raid shelter.
(b) To wear a gas mask.
(c) To house more children.
(d) To cover his windows at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Tom, Willie, and Sammie on the way home from their walk in Chapter 2?
2. What does Tom want Mrs. Fletcher to do for him in Chapter 2?
3. What is Zach's impression of Willie?
4. What is Willie's first thought of Mrs. Hartridge?
5. Why is Willie panicked in the newspaper shop?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)