|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "Zach".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who greets Willie outside of church after the service ends?
(a) The twins.
(b) Lucy, the daughter of Roe, the milk lady.
(c) The boy from the post office.
(d) Mrs. Hartridge, the teacher.
2. What is the boy doing at the postmasters when Willie first meets him in Chapter 3, "Saturday Morning"?
(a) He was reading a newspaper.
(b) He is conversing with the postmaster.
(c) He is sitting in a chair.
(d) He is writing to his mother.
3. Why doesn't Tom want to go into the paint store?
(a) He doesn't need paint.
(b) Willie is afraid to go in.
(c) He hasn't been in there since Rachel died.
(d) He has no time.
4. What does the vicar ask Willie to do at church?
(a) Clean the floor.
(b) Pick up the books.
(c) Sit quietly.
(d) Put hymnals on the benches.
5. What happens to Willie while he sleeps in the opening of Chapter 3, "Saturday Morning"?
(a) He wets the bed.
(b) He cries.
(c) He has a wonderful dream.
(d) He sleeps soundly for the first time in his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the word mackintosh refer to in chapter 1?
2. What happens to Tom, Willie, and Sammie on the way home from their walk in Chapter 2?
3. What is hanging around Willie's neck?
4. What do the young Fletcher boys come looking for at Tom's?
5. What does Tom teach Willie to do on their walk to mail the postcard?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)