|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "Zach".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Willie's first thought of Mrs. Hartridge?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She is fat.
(c) She is mean looking.
(d) She is funny.
2. What is ironic about Miss Thorne's thoughts concerning Willie's stay with Tom?
(a) She thinks Tom will take care of him the way his mother can't.
(b) She thinks Tom will teach Willie things he does not need.
(c) She thinks Willie needs city air when he really needs the country air.
(d) She thinks Willie is in a bad place with Tom and away from his mother.
3. At the meeting, what does Tom volunteer to do?
(a) Fire-watching duties.
(b) First-aid post.
(c) Help at the school.
(d) Run a canteen.
4. What kind of a character is Mrs. Fletcher?
(b) Kind and sweet.
(c) Mean and nasty.
(d) A gossip.
5. What does Willie ask Tom to help him with while he is in the library?
(a) Finding a book.
(b) Learning his alphabet.
(d) Getting a book off of the shelf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Prime Minister inform the country over the wireless?
2. What does Tom need from Roe in Chapter 2?
3. Why is Willie panicked in the newspaper shop?
4. What is the Little's building?
5. Why do Mr. Fletcher and his sons come to Tom's house?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)