|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "Zach".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willie ask Tom to help him with while he is in the library?
(a) Finding a book.
(b) Getting a book off of the shelf.
(d) Learning his alphabet.
2. What is Willie's first thought of Mrs. Hartridge?
(a) She is fat.
(b) She is mean looking.
(c) She is funny.
(d) She is beautiful.
3. Why hasn't Willie painted at school?
(a) His mother won't let him.
(b) Because he can't read and write.
(c) He is too poor.
(d) The other kids won't let him.
4. Why is Willie panicked in the newspaper shop?
(a) He never had to choose a candy before.
(b) He does not know what the shopkeeper is asking.
(c) He has never seen candy before.
(d) He does not understand what Tom wants him to do.
5. What confusing saying did Zach leave Willie with on the night they first met?
(a) Roger, wilco, and out.
(b) In a while, crocodile.
(c) Just looking for spies.
(d) See ya later, alligator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Beech mean when she writes that she had "sewn him in for the winter"?
2. What does Charlie Rudder want of Tom?
3. What do the townspeople do when Tom joins them at the meeting?
4. What is Tom carrying that surprises the librarian?
5. How is Tom described in Chapter 1?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)