|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "Zach".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the boy doing at the postmasters when Willie first meets him in Chapter 3, "Saturday Morning"?
(a) He is writing to his mother.
(b) He is conversing with the postmaster.
(c) He was reading a newspaper.
(d) He is sitting in a chair.
2. What kind of a character is Mrs. Fletcher?
(a) Kind and sweet.
(b) Mean and nasty.
(d) A gossip.
3. Why doesn't Willie pick the color red for his suspenders?
(a) His mother told him red was sinful.
(b) He isn't given the choice of red.
(c) Willie doesn't like red.
(d) Tom says he doesn't like red.
4. What problem does Willie have when he, Tom, and Sammy go out to the fields in Chapter 2?
(a) Willie can't keep up.
(b) Willie does not want to go.
(c) Willie is afraid to go.
(d) Willie has no boots, so he can't go.
5. What is the mother's concern for her child's placement in Chapter 1?
(a) That he be placed with an elderly man.
(b) That he be placed near a church.
(c) That he be placed near a school.
(d) That he be placed with other children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What of Tom's did Zach use to finish the shelter?
2. What confusing saying did Zach leave Willie with on the night they first met?
3. What is Willie afraid Tom will write on the postcard to his mother?
4. What is Sammy doing to Willie when Willie wakes up?
5. What is the Little's building?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)