|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "Zach".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who greets Willie outside of church after the service ends?
(a) The twins.
(b) Lucy, the daughter of Roe, the milk lady.
(c) The boy from the post office.
(d) Mrs. Hartridge, the teacher.
2. What do the young Fletcher boys come looking for at Tom's?
(b) Their dad.
3. Why do the country folk cover their windows at night?
(a) To keep out the light of the missle blasts.
(b) To keep the bombers from seeing targets.
(c) To keep invaders from their homes.
(d) To keep out the early morning sun.
4. What is Willie's first thought of Mrs. Hartridge?
(a) She is mean looking.
(b) She is funny.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) She is fat.
5. What does Tom want Mrs. Fletcher to do for him in Chapter 2?
(a) Buy boots for Willie.
(b) Knit Tom a jersey.
(c) Take Willie from Tom.
(d) Knit a jersey for Willie.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nancy Little's entrance into church surprise Willie?
2. Why doesn't Willie pick the color red for his suspenders?
3. What problem does Willie have when he, Tom, and Sammy go out to the fields in Chapter 2?
4. What does Tom need from Roe in Chapter 2?
5. Why doesn't Willie want to go into the toy shop?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)