|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "Zach".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Tom?
(a) In his fifties.
(b) In his forties.
(c) In his thirties.
(d) In his sixties.
2. At the meeting, what does Tom volunteer to do?
(a) Help at the school.
(b) First-aid post.
(c) Fire-watching duties.
(d) Run a canteen.
3. What is Willie afraid Tom will write on the postcard to his mother?
(a) That he has been a bad boy.
(b) That he can't read and write.
(c) That she should come get him at once.
(d) That she should come for his birthday.
4. What does Charlie Rudder want of Tom?
(a) To house more children.
(b) To cover his windows at night.
(c) To wear a gas mask.
(d) To dig an air-raid shelter.
5. Why is Willie panicked in the newspaper shop?
(a) He does not understand what Tom wants him to do.
(b) He never had to choose a candy before.
(c) He has never seen candy before.
(d) He does not know what the shopkeeper is asking.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nancy Little's entrance into church surprise Willie?
2. What does WIllie discover is missing from Tom's house?
3. What favor does Tom ask of the librarian?
4. What do the townspeople do when Tom joins them at the meeting?
5. What problem does Willie have when he, Tom, and Sammy go out to the fields in Chapter 2?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)