|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, "Equipped".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Bible story does Tom tell Willie?
(b) Noah's Ark.
(c) Sodom and Gomarah.
2. Why is Doctor Little surprised when he looks at Willie?
(a) He has so many bruises.
(b) He is very small for his age.
(c) He has lice.
(d) His socks have fallen down.
3. What is the Little's building?
(a) A school for the children.
(b) A trench for feeding the horses.
(c) A bird house.
(d) An air-raid shelter.
4. Why is the librarian astonished that Tom wants a card for Willie?
(a) There is a rule against cards for placed children.
(b) She sees Tom as being uninvolved.
(c) Tom hates the library.
(d) She knows Willie can't read.
5. What is ironic about Miss Thorne's thoughts concerning Willie's stay with Tom?
(a) She thinks Willie needs city air when he really needs the country air.
(b) She thinks Tom will teach Willie things he does not need.
(c) She thinks Willie is in a bad place with Tom and away from his mother.
(d) She thinks Tom will take care of him the way his mother can't.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie Rudder want of Tom?
2. What is Sammy doing to Willie when Willie wakes up?
3. What does Willie ask Tom to help him with while he is in the library?
4. What does Tom find in Willie's belongings that angers him?
5. What does WIllie discover is missing from Tom's house?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)