|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, "Equipped".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Tom described in Chapter 1?
(a) Average and thin.
(b) Tall and thick.
(c) Small and thin.
(d) Average height and stocky.
2. What is the mother's concern for her child's placement in Chapter 1?
(a) That he be placed near a school.
(b) That he be placed near a church.
(c) That he be placed with other children.
(d) That he be placed with an elderly man.
3. What favor does Tom ask of the librarian?
(a) To help Willie find picture books.
(b) To watch Willie while Tom shops.
(c) To let Willie have more than three books.
(d) To choose a book that she thinks appropriate for Willie.
4. Why is Doctor Little surprised when he looks at Willie?
(a) He has lice.
(b) His socks have fallen down.
(c) He is very small for his age.
(d) He has so many bruises.
5. What does Willie ask Tom to help him with while he is in the library?
(a) Learning his alphabet.
(c) Getting a book off of the shelf.
(d) Finding a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom teach Willie to do on their walk to mail the postcard?
2. What is ironic about Miss Thorne's thoughts concerning Willie's stay with Tom?
3. Why is Willie panicked in the newspaper shop?
4. What does Tom say about the comic book he wants Willie to choose?
5. What is Tom carrying that surprises the librarian?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)