|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, "School".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the boy doing at the postmasters when Willie first meets him in Chapter 3, "Saturday Morning"?
(a) He is sitting in a chair.
(b) He is writing to his mother.
(c) He is conversing with the postmaster.
(d) He was reading a newspaper.
2. Why does Willie end up in Mrs. Black's class?
(a) Because he can't read.
(b) Because of his age.
(c) Because he is Catholic.
(d) Because he is an evacuee.
3. What does Tom want Mrs. Fletcher to do for him in Chapter 2?
(a) Knit Tom a jersey.
(b) Take Willie from Tom.
(c) Knit a jersey for Willie.
(d) Buy boots for Willie.
4. What kind of a character is Mrs. Fletcher?
(a) Mean and nasty.
(c) Kind and sweet.
(d) A gossip.
5. What confusing saying did Zach leave Willie with on the night they first met?
(a) Roger, wilco, and out.
(b) See ya later, alligator.
(c) In a while, crocodile.
(d) Just looking for spies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the vicar ask Willie to do at church?
2. What happens to Willie while he sleeps in the opening of Chapter 3, "Saturday Morning"?
3. What do all of the children come to tell Willie after the first day of school?
4. How does Tom make everyone laugh over Mr. Ruddles's entrance?
5. What does Tom need from Roe in Chapter 2?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)