|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, "Spooky Cott".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what is different about school this term ?
(a) It is much more crowded.
(b) A new teacher has been hired to teach the evacuees.
(c) The evacuees have their own room.
(d) There are no Catholics.
2. What is Willie afraid Tom will write on the postcard to his mother?
(a) That he has been a bad boy.
(b) That she should come get him at once.
(c) That she should come for his birthday.
(d) That he can't read and write.
3. Why is the librarian astonished that Tom wants a card for Willie?
(a) There is a rule against cards for placed children.
(b) Tom hates the library.
(c) She knows Willie can't read.
(d) She sees Tom as being uninvolved.
4. Why does Willie get upset when Tom visits him in the hospital?
(a) Tom does not plan on taking him home.
(b) Willie tells Tom he does not like the psychiatrist.
(c) Tom is not allowed to stay.
(d) Sammy is not with Tom.
5. How does Tom get Willie out of the hospital?
(a) The psychiatrist allows Tom to take him.
(b) In an ambulance.
(c) He kidnaps him.
(d) The warden helps Tom get him out.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Miller first greet Willie?
2. What has become of Mrs. Beech?
3. What big gift does Tom give to Willie for his birthday?
4. What is in Wilie's arms when they find him under the stair?
5. Why do the country folk cover their windows at night?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)