|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, "Spooky Cott".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Trudy?
(a) She is never found.
(b) She goes with her mother.
(c) She is hospitalized.
(d) She dies.
2. Why does Willie want to cry when he reaches the gate to the field?
(a) He was terrible at running.
(b) Sam is licking his face.
(c) Tom is mad at him for going so fast.
(d) Willie's mother says running is sinful.
3. What piece of himself does Tom finally share with Willie?
(a) His struggle to teach Willie to read.
(b) The loss of his wife and baby.
(c) His grief in buying the paints for Willie.
(d) His need for a son.
4. What upsets Carrie about George?
(a) He can act in the play and she can't.
(b) He has opportunities she wants and he does not.
(c) He teases her all of the time.
(d) He is smarter than she is.
5. At the meeting, what does Tom volunteer to do?
(a) First-aid post.
(b) Fire-watching duties.
(c) Help at the school.
(d) Run a canteen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What favor does Tom ask of the librarian?
2. What is the boy doing at the postmasters when Willie first meets him in Chapter 3, "Saturday Morning"?
3. What does George invite Willie to do the day after they build the shelter?
4. What happens to Tom, Willie, and Sammie on the way home from their walk in Chapter 2?
5. What does Mrs. Beech mean when she writes that she had "sewn him in for the winter"?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)