|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, "Spooky Cott".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tom's first reaction to the singing of the choir?
(a) He is happy that they are so loud.
(b) He is gruff because they have bad harmony.
(c) He is gruff because they are too solemn.
(d) He is happy that they sound so good together.
2. What does Geoffrey decide to do for work?
(a) Teach art classes at night.
(b) Open an art school.
(c) Teach art at the school.
(d) Give individual art lessons.
3. Why does Willie get upset when Tom visits him in the hospital?
(a) Sammy is not with Tom.
(b) Tom does not plan on taking him home.
(c) Willie tells Tom he does not like the psychiatrist.
(d) Tom is not allowed to stay.
4. What upsets Carrie about George?
(a) He has opportunities she wants and he does not.
(b) He is smarter than she is.
(c) He teases her all of the time.
(d) He can act in the play and she can't.
5. What is Willie afraid Tom will write on the postcard to his mother?
(a) That she should come get him at once.
(b) That she should come for his birthday.
(c) That he can't read and write.
(d) That he has been a bad boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Beech first react when she sees Willie at the train station?
2. What is Tom carrying that surprises the librarian?
3. How does Willie feel after spending the early evening with his mother?
4. What Bible story doesTom tell Willie after his bath in Chapter 6?
5. On one visit to Willie, Zach brings up one subject a few times that disturbs Willie. What is it?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)