|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, "Spooky Cott".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Willie end up in Mrs. Black's class?
(a) Because he is Catholic.
(b) Because he can't read.
(c) Because of his age.
(d) Because he is an evacuee.
2. What does Charlie Rudder want of Tom?
(a) To house more children.
(b) To wear a gas mask.
(c) To dig an air-raid shelter.
(d) To cover his windows at night.
3. What is Tom's first reaction to the singing of the choir?
(a) He is happy that they sound so good together.
(b) He is gruff because they have bad harmony.
(c) He is happy that they are so loud.
(d) He is gruff because they are too solemn.
4. What is Tom's motto that he expresses once again with Willie when Tom talks about Willie's weak legs?
(a) Everythin' will be all right.
(b) Everythin' will work out.
(c) Everythin' has a reason.
(d) Everythin' has its own time.
5. Why is Doctor Little surprised when he looks at Willie?
(a) He has so many bruises.
(b) His socks have fallen down.
(c) He is very small for his age.
(d) He has lice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zach want to do that surprises Willie after they first meet?
2. What is ironic about Miss Thorne's thoughts concerning Willie's stay with Tom?
3. What is Sammy doing to Willie when Willie wakes up?
4. What does Tom find in Willie's belongings that angers him?
5. Why doesn't Tom want to go into the paint store?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)