|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, "Spooky Cott".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does George invite Willie to do the day after they build the shelter?
(a) Dig another trench.
(b) Play with his sons.
(c) Picnic and berry pick.
2. What is Sammy doing to Willie when Willie wakes up?
(a) Sniffing his feet.
(b) Barking at him.
(c) Nipping at his clothes.
(d) Sleeping next to him.
3. What does Mrs. Beech mean when she writes that she had "sewn him in for the winter"?
(a) She had Willie sow a promise to be good.
(b) She had insured he would stay inside all winter.
(c) Willie's undergarments would not come off.
(d) She had stitched Willie's injuries.
4. What does Dobbs do to Willie when he tries to pat her after George does?
(a) Dobbs nips at Willie's hand.
(b) Dobbs sends Willie stumbling backwards.
(c) Dobbs neighs.
(d) Dobbs licks Willie's hand.
5. What kind of a character is Mrs. Fletcher?
(a) A gossip.
(c) Mean and nasty.
(d) Kind and sweet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't the choir sing when Tom begins to play?
2. What is Tom's motto that he expresses once again with Willie when Tom talks about Willie's weak legs?
3. Why are George's girls sulking on the way to berry picking?
4. What does Tom add to the shelter?
5. What big gift does Tom give to Willie for his birthday?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)