|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, "Spooky Cott".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Tom want to go into the paint store?
(a) He doesn't need paint.
(b) He hasn't been in there since Rachel died.
(c) Willie is afraid to go in.
(d) He has no time.
2. What is different about Zach that Tom and George both note?
(a) His laugh.
(b) His lack of intelligence.
(c) His clothing.
(d) His vocabulary.
3. Where does Willie's mother put him after she beats him?
(a) In his bedroom.
(b) Under the stairs in a closet.
(c) Locked in the kitchen.
(d) Tied to a chair.
4. At the meeting, what does Tom volunteer to do?
(a) Help at the school.
(b) First-aid post.
(c) Fire-watching duties.
(d) Run a canteen.
5. What does Tom need from Roe in Chapter 2?
(a) Bones for Sammy.
(b) Extra milk.
(c) Extra eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom's first reaction to the singing of the choir?
2. What does Mrs. Beech mean when she writes that she had "sewn him in for the winter"?
3. What is Willie doing when George comes to fetch him to bring him to the first carol practice?
4. What does Geoffrey decide to do for work?
5. In Chapter 8, what is different about school this term ?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)