|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, "Spooky Cott".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Willie end up in Mrs. Black's class?
(a) Because he is an evacuee.
(b) Because of his age.
(c) Because he can't read.
(d) Because he is Catholic.
2. What is Willie doing when George comes to fetch him to bring him to the first carol practice?
3. What does Tom have a nightmare about after Willie is gone?
(a) Bombings in London.
(b) Rachel's death.
(c) Mrs. Beech.
(d) Being locked in a tiny space with no air.
4. What is Sammy doing to Willie when Willie wakes up?
(a) Sleeping next to him.
(b) Nipping at his clothes.
(c) Sniffing his feet.
(d) Barking at him.
5. What piece of himself does Tom finally share with Willie?
(a) His grief in buying the paints for Willie.
(b) His struggle to teach Willie to read.
(c) His need for a son.
(d) The loss of his wife and baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Willie chosen to rise a bit earlier every day at the beginning of the "Birthday" chapter?
2. Why can't Robert play the role of Scrooge?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 18, "The Recovery," what does Tom recommend Willie do after his nightmare?
4. What is ironic about Miss Thorne's thoughts concerning Willie's stay with Tom?
5. What does Tom add to the shelter?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)