|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, "Spooky Cott".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't the choir sing when Tom begins to play?
(a) They want to hear him play.
(b) They don't know the song.
(c) They are frightened of Tom.
(d) They are afraid they will not sound good.
2. Why is the librarian astonished that Tom wants a card for Willie?
(a) Tom hates the library.
(b) She knows Willie can't read.
(c) There is a rule against cards for placed children.
(d) She sees Tom as being uninvolved.
3. How does Tom get Willie out of the hospital?
(a) The warden helps Tom get him out.
(b) In an ambulance.
(c) The psychiatrist allows Tom to take him.
(d) He kidnaps him.
4. Why is Willie panicked in the newspaper shop?
(a) He never had to choose a candy before.
(b) He has never seen candy before.
(c) He does not know what the shopkeeper is asking.
(d) He does not understand what Tom wants him to do.
5. What does Zach want to do that surprises Willie after they first meet?
(a) He wants to take a bath.
(b) He wants to get a hair cut.
(c) He wants to come back the next day.
(d) He wants to stay with Tom and Willie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom have a nightmare about after Willie is gone?
2. How has Willie's room changed?
3. How does Tom get into Mrs. Beech's house?
4. What is Zach fixing during the whole of Chapter 18, "Recovery"?
5. What present does Emilia Thorne give Willie that he has never had known before?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)