|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, "Spooky Cott".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do all of the children come to tell Willie after the first day of school?
(a) That they cannot be friends with Willie any longer.
(b) That reading and writing are fun.
(c) That the teachers were mean to put him in Mrs. Black's class.
(d) That they are upset that Willie is not in their class.
2. Why doesn't Tom want to go into the paint store?
(a) He has no time.
(b) He doesn't need paint.
(c) He hasn't been in there since Rachel died.
(d) Willie is afraid to go in.
3. What does Willie discover about his mother in Chapter 18, "Recovery"?
(a) She is a bad person.
(b) She is a liar.
(c) She has run away.
(d) She is dead.
4. What does Tom want Mrs. Fletcher to do for him in Chapter 2?
(a) Take Willie from Tom.
(b) Knit a jersey for Willie.
(c) Buy boots for Willie.
(d) Knit Tom a jersey.
5. Why does Willie wish he had never gone to Weirwold?
(a) Because the people there only pretended to care.
(b) So he would not be such a sinner.
(c) So he would always think his mom was kind and loving.
(d) Because he missed his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Willie go to the church to draw?
2. At the meeting, what does Tom volunteer to do?
3. What confusing saying did Zach leave Willie with on the night they first met?
4. Why is the librarian astonished that Tom wants a card for Willie?
5. What is in Wilie's arms when they find him under the stair?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)