|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, "Spooky Cott".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Willie talk to the girls as they pick blackberries?
(a) He is afraid of them.
(b) He knows they don't want him to talk.
(c) He doesn't like them.
(d) His mother said people would like him if he were invisible.
2. How has Willie's room changed?
(a) There are pictures on the walls of his drawings.
(b) The rubber sheets are gone.
(c) A picture of his mother is on the shelf.
(d) The bed is larger than before.
3. How does Tom make everyone laugh over Mr. Ruddles's entrance?
(a) Tom asks Ruddles if he had his nose under the door snooping.
(b) Sammie tries to lick Mr. Ruddles face, and Tom thinks its funny.
(c) Tom is frustrated over so many people coming in to his home at once.
(d) Tom makes a joke about the light.
4. What surprise is awaiting Willie when he returns to his house in London?
(a) A baby.
(c) A dog.
(d) His father.
5. What is Zach fixing during the whole of Chapter 18, "Recovery"?
(a) A carriage for Mrs. Hartridge.
(b) A fence for Mrs. Little's garden.
(c) A bike for himself.
(d) An easel for Willie.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Willie feel about his first day of school?
2. What do the Warden and Glad tell Tom about Mrs. Beech?
3. What does Mrs. Beech mean when she writes that she had "sewn him in for the winter"?
4. For what does Tom go to the draper?
5. Why does Willie end up in Mrs. Black's class?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)