|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "An Encounter over Blackberries".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the boy doing at the postmasters when Willie first meets him in Chapter 3, "Saturday Morning"?
(a) He is sitting in a chair.
(b) He is writing to his mother.
(c) He was reading a newspaper.
(d) He is conversing with the postmaster.
2. What new name does Zach give to Willie?
3. What does Zach tell Willie that his parents do for a living?
(a) They are teachers.
(b) They work in the theater.
(c) They work for the government.
(d) They are serving in the war.
4. What does Mrs. Beech mean when she writes that she had "sewn him in for the winter"?
(a) Willie's undergarments would not come off.
(b) She had insured he would stay inside all winter.
(c) She had Willie sow a promise to be good.
(d) She had stitched Willie's injuries.
5. What confusing saying did Zach leave Willie with on the night they first met?
(a) In a while, crocodile.
(b) See ya later, alligator.
(c) Roger, wilco, and out.
(d) Just looking for spies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Bible story does Tom tell Willie?
2. What does Doctor Little diagnose Willie with?
3. What problem does Willie have when he, Tom, and Sammy go out to the fields in Chapter 2?
4. How does Willie feel about his bruises?
5. Why doesn't Tom want to go into the paint store?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)