|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "An Encounter over Blackberries".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Willie panicked in the newspaper shop?
(a) He does not understand what Tom wants him to do.
(b) He has never seen candy before.
(c) He never had to choose a candy before.
(d) He does not know what the shopkeeper is asking.
2. What confusing saying did Zach leave Willie with on the night they first met?
(a) Roger, wilco, and out.
(b) Just looking for spies.
(c) See ya later, alligator.
(d) In a while, crocodile.
3. What does Tom find in Willie's belongings that angers him?
(a) A belt.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A dirty toothbrush.
(d) Night clothes.
4. What happens to Willie while he sleeps in the opening of Chapter 3, "Saturday Morning"?
(a) He cries.
(b) He has a wonderful dream.
(c) He sleeps soundly for the first time in his life.
(d) He wets the bed.
5. Why hasn't Willie painted at school?
(a) The other kids won't let him.
(b) His mother won't let him.
(c) Because he can't read and write.
(d) He is too poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ironic about Miss Thorne's thoughts concerning Willie's stay with Tom?
2. What Bible story doesTom tell Willie after his bath in Chapter 6?
3. What does Zach tell Willie that his parents do for a living?
4. What does George invite Willie to do the day after they build the shelter?
5. What problem does Willie have when he, Tom, and Sammy go out to the fields in Chapter 2?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)