|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "An Encounter over Blackberries".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom want Mrs. Fletcher to do for him in Chapter 2?
(a) Buy boots for Willie.
(b) Knit Tom a jersey.
(c) Knit a jersey for Willie.
(d) Take Willie from Tom.
2. What does Tom take Willie into the fields to see in Chapter 7?
(c) Fruits and vegetables.
3. At the meeting, what does Tom volunteer to do?
(a) Fire-watching duties.
(b) Run a canteen.
(c) Help at the school.
(d) First-aid post.
4. What happens to Willie's desserts at the picnic?
(a) He hides what he can't eat.
(b) The other children help him finish them.
(c) Ants raid them.
(d) He eats them all.
5. What kind of a character is Mrs. Fletcher?
(b) Mean and nasty.
(c) A gossip.
(d) Kind and sweet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the boy at the postmaster's differ from Wilie?
2. Why does Willie want to cry when he reaches the gate to the field?
3. What is Willie afraid Tom will write on the postcard to his mother?
4. On their walk to the field in the beginning of Chapter 7, what does Tom have Willie do?
5. What surprise has Tom gotten for Willie while they are in town?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)