|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "An Encounter over Blackberries".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of a character is Mrs. Fletcher?
(b) Mean and nasty.
(c) Kind and sweet.
(d) A gossip.
2. On their walk to the field in the beginning of Chapter 7, what does Tom have Willie do?
(a) Catch tadpoles.
(b) Swim in the pond.
(c) Race against Sam.
(d) Take off his boots to feel the grass.
3. What does Tom teach Willie to do on their walk to mail the postcard?
(a) Lock the gates.
(b) Knock at the door.
(c) Ride the horse.
(d) Milk a cow.
4. What is the boy doing at the postmasters when Willie first meets him in Chapter 3, "Saturday Morning"?
(a) He is sitting in a chair.
(b) He was reading a newspaper.
(c) He is conversing with the postmaster.
(d) He is writing to his mother.
5. From what book does Tom read to Willie after his bath in Chapter 6?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Just So Stories.
(c) King Arthur.
(d) White Fang.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Beech mean when she writes that she had "sewn him in for the winter"?
2. What does Tom find in Willie's belongings that angers him?
3. What does Willie ask Tom to help him with while he is in the library?
4. What surprise has Tom gotten for Willie while they are in town?
5. What is Willie afraid Tom will write on the postcard to his mother?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)