|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "An Encounter over Blackberries".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Willie's desserts at the picnic?
(a) He eats them all.
(b) The other children help him finish them.
(c) He hides what he can't eat.
(d) Ants raid them.
2. What is Tom carrying that surprises the librarian?
(a) Paint supplies.
(b) A gas mask.
(c) A war poster.
(d) Comic books.
3. From what book does Tom read to Willie after his bath in Chapter 6?
(a) White Fang.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Just So Stories.
(d) King Arthur.
4. Why doesn't Willie talk to the girls as they pick blackberries?
(a) He doesn't like them.
(b) His mother said people would like him if he were invisible.
(c) He knows they don't want him to talk.
(d) He is afraid of them.
5. What does Tom need from Roe in Chapter 2?
(a) Extra milk.
(c) Bones for Sammy.
(d) Extra eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Willie want to go into the toy shop?
2. What is ironic about Miss Thorne's thoughts concerning Willie's stay with Tom?
3. What new name does Zach give to Willie?
4. What does Zach tell Willie that his parents do for a living?
5. What does Mrs. Beech mean when she writes that she had "sewn him in for the winter"?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)