|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "An Encounter over Blackberries".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Willie pick the color red for his suspenders?
(a) His mother told him red was sinful.
(b) Tom says he doesn't like red.
(c) Willie doesn't like red.
(d) He isn't given the choice of red.
2. What does Tom take Willie into the fields to see in Chapter 7?
(b) Fruits and vegetables.
3. Why hasn't Willie painted at school?
(a) Because he can't read and write.
(b) He is too poor.
(c) The other kids won't let him.
(d) His mother won't let him.
4. Why are George's girls sulking on the way to berry picking?
(a) They don't want to pick berries.
(b) They want bigger baskets for their berries.
(c) They did not want the evacuues to come.
(d) They don't want Lucy to join them.
5. What does Zach want to do that surprises Willie after they first meet?
(a) He wants to stay with Tom and Willie.
(b) He wants to get a hair cut.
(c) He wants to take a bath.
(d) He wants to come back the next day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the townspeople do when Tom joins them at the meeting?
2. At the meeting, what does Tom volunteer to do?
3. What does Charlie Rudder want of Tom?
4. What happens to Willie while he sleeps in the opening of Chapter 3, "Saturday Morning"?
5. What of Tom's did Zach use to finish the shelter?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)