|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "An Encounter over Blackberries".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Willie want to cry when he reaches the gate to the field?
(a) Sam is licking his face.
(b) Tom is mad at him for going so fast.
(c) Willie's mother says running is sinful.
(d) He was terrible at running.
2. Why hasn't Willie painted at school?
(a) Because he can't read and write.
(b) His mother won't let him.
(c) The other kids won't let him.
(d) He is too poor.
3. Why is Doctor Little surprised when he looks at Willie?
(a) He is very small for his age.
(b) He has so many bruises.
(c) He has lice.
(d) His socks have fallen down.
4. What happens at the end of Chapter 2 that makes Willie smile?
(a) The dog licked his face.
(b) Tom let him cook.
(c) He ate potatoes.
(d) Tom gave him socks that were way too big.
5. What does Zach want to do that surprises Willie after they first meet?
(a) He wants to take a bath.
(b) He wants to stay with Tom and Willie.
(c) He wants to get a hair cut.
(d) He wants to come back the next day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Miller first greet Willie?
2. Why doesn't Tom want to go into the paint store?
3. What does Mrs. Beech mean when she writes that she had "sewn him in for the winter"?
4. What does Tom want Mrs. Fletcher to do for him in Chapter 2?
5. What does Doctor Little diagnose Willie with?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)