|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "An Encounter over Blackberries".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willie cook with Tom at the end of his picnic day?
(b) Blackberry jam.
(c) apple and black currant pie
2. Why does Willie want to cry when he reaches the gate to the field?
(a) Tom is mad at him for going so fast.
(b) Sam is licking his face.
(c) He was terrible at running.
(d) Willie's mother says running is sinful.
3. What is ironic about Miss Thorne's thoughts concerning Willie's stay with Tom?
(a) She thinks Tom will teach Willie things he does not need.
(b) She thinks Willie needs city air when he really needs the country air.
(c) She thinks Tom will take care of him the way his mother can't.
(d) She thinks Willie is in a bad place with Tom and away from his mother.
4. Why doesn't Willie pick the color red for his suspenders?
(a) He isn't given the choice of red.
(b) His mother told him red was sinful.
(c) Tom says he doesn't like red.
(d) Willie doesn't like red.
5. Why is Willie afraid of the bath?
(a) His mother says bathing is sinful.
(b) It is too hot.
(c) He does not know how to swim.
(d) It is too big.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Tom go to the draper?
2. What does Charlie Rudder want of Tom?
3. What does Tom add to the shelter?
4. At the meeting, what does Tom volunteer to do?
5. What does Tom take Willie into the fields to see in Chapter 7?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)