|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "An Encounter over Blackberries".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willie tell the children at the picnic that he likes to do?
(b) Pick berries.
2. What is ironic about Miss Thorne's thoughts concerning Willie's stay with Tom?
(a) She thinks Tom will teach Willie things he does not need.
(b) She thinks Tom will take care of him the way his mother can't.
(c) She thinks Willie needs city air when he really needs the country air.
(d) She thinks Willie is in a bad place with Tom and away from his mother.
3. What does Tom want Mrs. Fletcher to do for him in Chapter 2?
(a) Take Willie from Tom.
(b) Knit Tom a jersey.
(c) Buy boots for Willie.
(d) Knit a jersey for Willie.
4. From what book does Tom read to Willie after his bath in Chapter 6?
(a) King Arthur.
(b) White Fang.
(c) Just So Stories.
(d) The Bible.
5. What problem does Willie have when he, Tom, and Sammy go out to the fields in Chapter 2?
(a) Willie does not want to go.
(b) Willie can't keep up.
(c) Willie is afraid to go.
(d) Willie has no boots, so he can't go.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Willie panicked in the newspaper shop?
2. What does Charlie Rudder want of Tom?
3. What does Willie ask Tom to help him with while he is in the library?
4. What is different about Zach that Tom and George both note?
5. What Bible story doesTom tell Willie after his bath in Chapter 6?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)