|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "An Encounter over Blackberries".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the librarian astonished that Tom wants a card for Willie?
(a) She sees Tom as being uninvolved.
(b) She knows Willie can't read.
(c) There is a rule against cards for placed children.
(d) Tom hates the library.
2. Why doesn't Willie want to go into the toy shop?
(a) Willie is afraid he will break one.
(b) Willie can't buy one.
(c) He does not want to be alone.
(d) He does not want Tom to buy him one.
3. Why doesn't Tom want to go into the paint store?
(a) Willie is afraid to go in.
(b) He has no time.
(c) He hasn't been in there since Rachel died.
(d) He doesn't need paint.
4. What does Willie ask Tom to help him with while he is in the library?
(a) Getting a book off of the shelf.
(b) Learning his alphabet.
(c) Finding a book.
5. What does Tom say about the comic book he wants Willie to choose?
(a) Willie can learn to read using it.
(b) Tom rushes Willie into his choice of one.
(c) Willie can look at the pictures.
(d) Tom will read it to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Willie afraid Tom will write on the postcard to his mother?
2. Why do the country folk cover their windows at night?
3. What is Zach's impression of Willie?
4. What does Tom think of Zach?
5. What do the townspeople do when Tom joins them at the meeting?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)