|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Carol Singing".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Willie feel about his first day of school?
(a) It is a bad day.
(b) He is excited to be in Mrs. Black's class.
(c) He is ready to learn.
(d) He is angry at Mrs. Hartridge.
2. What does Tom do after carol practice when only he and Willie are in the church?
(a) He admits that the choir is bad.
(b) He plays a song that Rachel loved.
(c) He sings a song that Rachel loved.
(d) He admits that he was nervous to play for the choir.
3. What new name does Zach give to Willie?
4. Why doesn't the choir sing when Tom begins to play?
(a) They don't know the song.
(b) They are frightened of Tom.
(c) They want to hear him play.
(d) They are afraid they will not sound good.
5. What change comes for Willie at the end of the "Friday" chapter when his friends come to visit?
(a) He no longer wets the bed.
(b) They learn that he has been beaten.
(c) He no longer has any bruises.
(d) He no longer feels frightened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doctor Little diagnose Willie with?
2. Why does Alec Barnes look embarrassed at carol practice?
3. What confusing saying did Zach leave Willie with on the night they first met?
4. What do all of the children come to tell Willie after the first day of school?
5. What is Willie afraid Tom will write on the postcard to his mother?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)