|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Carol Singing".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do all of the children come to tell Willie after the first day of school?
(a) That reading and writing are fun.
(b) That the teachers were mean to put him in Mrs. Black's class.
(c) That they cannot be friends with Willie any longer.
(d) That they are upset that Willie is not in their class.
2. What do Willie and the other children discover about Zach?
(a) He is Jewish.
(b) He can't sing.
(c) He hates school.
(d) His parents aren't actors.
3. What does Tom teach Willie to do on their walk to mail the postcard?
(a) Knock at the door.
(b) Milk a cow.
(c) Ride the horse.
(d) Lock the gates.
4. What is Willie doing when George comes to fetch him to bring him to the first carol practice?
5. What change comes for Willie at the end of the "Friday" chapter when his friends come to visit?
(a) He no longer wets the bed.
(b) They learn that he has been beaten.
(c) He no longer feels frightened.
(d) He no longer has any bruises.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom's first reaction to the singing of the choir?
2. What is Zach's impression of Willie?
3. How does Tom make everyone laugh over Mr. Ruddles's entrance?
4. What does Charlie Rudder want of Tom?
5. What is the Little's building?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)