|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Carol Singing".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Willie while he sleeps in the opening of Chapter 3, "Saturday Morning"?
(a) He sleeps soundly for the first time in his life.
(b) He wets the bed.
(c) He cries.
(d) He has a wonderful dream.
2. What do the townspeople do when Tom joins them at the meeting?
(a) They snicker.
(b) They jump up to greet him.
(c) They nudge one another to take notice of Tom.
(d) They ignore him.
3. What is Zach's impression of Willie?
(a) WIllie is a loner.
(b) Willie is afraid.
(c) Willie is a talker.
(d) Willie is kind.
4. From what book does Tom read to Willie after his bath in Chapter 6?
(a) The Bible.
(b) White Fang.
(c) Just So Stories.
(d) King Arthur.
5. What do Willie and the other children discover about Zach?
(a) He can't sing.
(b) His parents aren't actors.
(c) He hates school.
(d) He is Jewish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zach want to do that surprises Willie after they first meet?
2. What does Charlie Rudder want of Tom?
3. What Bible story doesTom tell Willie after his bath in Chapter 6?
4. What do all of the children come to tell Willie after the first day of school?
5. What does Tom do after carol practice when only he and Willie are in the church?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)