|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Carol Singing".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom do after carol practice when only he and Willie are in the church?
(a) He sings a song that Rachel loved.
(b) He admits that he was nervous to play for the choir.
(c) He admits that the choir is bad.
(d) He plays a song that Rachel loved.
2. What does Charlie Rudder want of Tom?
(a) To house more children.
(b) To wear a gas mask.
(c) To cover his windows at night.
(d) To dig an air-raid shelter.
3. How does Mr. Miller first greet Willie?
(a) Sadly, he feels sorry for poor, skinny Willie.
(b) Happily, he is glad to have the Londoners in town.
(c) Frightened, he is afraid Willie will be bad.
(d) Angrily, he is afraid he will steal from him.
4. From what book does Tom read to Willie after his bath in Chapter 6?
(a) King Arthur.
(b) White Fang.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Just So Stories.
5. What do all of the children come to tell Willie after the first day of school?
(a) That the teachers were mean to put him in Mrs. Black's class.
(b) That reading and writing are fun.
(c) That they cannot be friends with Willie any longer.
(d) That they are upset that Willie is not in their class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Willie afraid Tom will write on the postcard to his mother?
2. Why hasn't Willie painted at school?
3. How does the boy at the postmaster's differ from Wilie?
4. What do the townspeople do when Tom joins them at the meeting?
5. What is Tom's first reaction to the singing of the choir?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)