|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Carol Singing".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Willie end up in Mrs. Black's class?
(a) Because he can't read.
(b) Because of his age.
(c) Because he is Catholic.
(d) Because he is an evacuee.
2. What confusing saying did Zach leave Willie with on the night they first met?
(a) Just looking for spies.
(b) In a while, crocodile.
(c) Roger, wilco, and out.
(d) See ya later, alligator.
3. Why does Alec Barnes look embarrassed at carol practice?
(a) He can't sing.
(b) Everyone wants to know if his father has been using the King kids as slave labor.
(c) He does terribly in the rehearsal for the Christmas show.
(d) Everyone wants to know if his father has been hitting the King kids.
4. What is the Little's building?
(a) A bird house.
(b) An air-raid shelter.
(c) A school for the children.
(d) A trench for feeding the horses.
5. What does Tom think of Zach?
(a) That he is too thin.
(b) That he needs a haircut.
(c) That he is intelligent.
(d) That he is rude.
Short Answer Questions
1. What upsets Carrie about George?
2. How has Willie's room changed?
3. At the meeting, what does Tom volunteer to do?
4. Why is Willie afraid of the bath?
5. In Chapter 8, what is different about school this term ?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)