|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Carol Singing".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Zach's impression of Willie?
(a) Willie is a talker.
(b) WIllie is a loner.
(c) Willie is kind.
(d) Willie is afraid.
2. What does Charlie Rudder want of Tom?
(a) To cover his windows at night.
(b) To house more children.
(c) To wear a gas mask.
(d) To dig an air-raid shelter.
3. What change comes for Willie at the end of the "Friday" chapter when his friends come to visit?
(a) He no longer wets the bed.
(b) He no longer feels frightened.
(c) They learn that he has been beaten.
(d) He no longer has any bruises.
4. How does the boy at the postmaster's differ from Wilie?
(a) He is much fatter.
(b) He is much smarter.
(c) He is much older.
(d) He is much tanner.
5. What news does Zach bring to the kids about school?
(a) There will be a big carol chorus for Christmas.
(b) Mrs. Hartrigde is pregnant.
(c) There will be a Christmas play.
(d) The school will close because of the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do all of the children come to tell Willie after the first day of school?
2. What is Tom's first reaction to the singing of the choir?
3. From what book does Tom read to Willie after his bath in Chapter 6?
4. What is the boy doing at the postmasters when Willie first meets him in Chapter 3, "Saturday Morning"?
5. What confusing saying did Zach leave Willie with on the night they first met?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)