|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Carol Singing".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Willie end up in Mrs. Black's class?
(a) Because he is Catholic.
(b) Because of his age.
(c) Because he is an evacuee.
(d) Because he can't read.
2. What is the Little's building?
(a) An air-raid shelter.
(b) A trench for feeding the horses.
(c) A bird house.
(d) A school for the children.
3. What upsets Carrie about George?
(a) He teases her all of the time.
(b) He can act in the play and she can't.
(c) He has opportunities she wants and he does not.
(d) He is smarter than she is.
4. What does Tom think of Zach?
(a) That he needs a haircut.
(b) That he is too thin.
(c) That he is rude.
(d) That he is intelligent.
5. How has Willie's room changed?
(a) A picture of his mother is on the shelf.
(b) There are pictures on the walls of his drawings.
(c) The bed is larger than before.
(d) The rubber sheets are gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Tom feeling when Willie arrives at carol practice?
2. How does the boy at the postmaster's differ from Wilie?
3. What confusing saying did Zach leave Willie with on the night they first met?
4. How does Willie feel about his bruises?
5. What Bible story doesTom tell Willie after his bath in Chapter 6?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)