|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Carol Singing".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom think of Zach?
(a) That he needs a haircut.
(b) That he is rude.
(c) That he is intelligent.
(d) That he is too thin.
2. What news does Zach bring to the kids about school?
(a) There will be a big carol chorus for Christmas.
(b) Mrs. Hartrigde is pregnant.
(c) The school will close because of the war.
(d) There will be a Christmas play.
3. What of Tom's did Zach use to finish the shelter?
(a) A lantern.
(b) A pick ax.
(c) A ladder.
(d) A shovel.
4. What upsets Carrie about George?
(a) He can act in the play and she can't.
(b) He is smarter than she is.
(c) He has opportunities she wants and he does not.
(d) He teases her all of the time.
5. Why doesn't the choir sing when Tom begins to play?
(a) They want to hear him play.
(b) They are afraid they will not sound good.
(c) They are frightened of Tom.
(d) They don't know the song.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zach tell Willie that his parents do for a living?
2. How does Tom make everyone laugh over Mr. Ruddles's entrance?
3. Why is Doctor Little surprised when he looks at Willie?
4. From what book does Tom read to Willie after his bath in Chapter 6?
5. What do all of the children come to tell Willie after the first day of school?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)