|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Carol Singing".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What upsets Carrie about George?
(a) He is smarter than she is.
(b) He can act in the play and she can't.
(c) He teases her all of the time.
(d) He has opportunities she wants and he does not.
2. What is the boy doing at the postmasters when Willie first meets him in Chapter 3, "Saturday Morning"?
(a) He is writing to his mother.
(b) He is conversing with the postmaster.
(c) He is sitting in a chair.
(d) He was reading a newspaper.
3. After Willie's first day of school, what does Tom say they will begin that evening?
(b) New Bible stories.
(c) Planting the turnips.
(d) Learning to write.
4. Why does Willie end up in Mrs. Black's class?
(a) Because he can't read.
(b) Because he is Catholic.
(c) Because of his age.
(d) Because he is an evacuee.
5. What is the Little's building?
(a) A trench for feeding the horses.
(b) A school for the children.
(c) A bird house.
(d) An air-raid shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Willie's room changed?
2. How does Tom make everyone laugh over Mr. Ruddles's entrance?
3. How is Tom feeling when Willie arrives at carol practice?
4. What confusing saying did Zach leave Willie with on the night they first met?
5. How does Willie feel about his bruises?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)