|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Carol Singing".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie Rudder want of Tom?
(a) To cover his windows at night.
(b) To wear a gas mask.
(c) To house more children.
(d) To dig an air-raid shelter.
2. How does Willie feel about his bruises?
(a) He doesn't care if people see them.
(b) He is unfazed by them.
(c) They are the marks of his sins.
(d) He has not deserved them.
3. What does Zach want to do that surprises Willie after they first meet?
(a) He wants to stay with Tom and Willie.
(b) He wants to come back the next day.
(c) He wants to take a bath.
(d) He wants to get a hair cut.
4. What change comes for Willie at the end of the "Friday" chapter when his friends come to visit?
(a) He no longer feels frightened.
(b) He no longer has any bruises.
(c) He no longer wets the bed.
(d) They learn that he has been beaten.
5. What of Tom's did Zach use to finish the shelter?
(a) A ladder.
(b) A shovel.
(c) A lantern.
(d) A pick ax.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Bible story doesTom tell Willie after his bath in Chapter 6?
2. How does Mr. Miller first greet Willie?
3. What do the townspeople do when Tom joins them at the meeting?
4. What is Willie afraid Tom will write on the postcard to his mother?
5. What does Tom teach Willie to do on their walk to mail the postcard?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)