|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Carol Singing".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do all of the children come to tell Willie after the first day of school?
(a) That the teachers were mean to put him in Mrs. Black's class.
(b) That they are upset that Willie is not in their class.
(c) That they cannot be friends with Willie any longer.
(d) That reading and writing are fun.
2. How does the boy at the postmaster's differ from Wilie?
(a) He is much tanner.
(b) He is much older.
(c) He is much smarter.
(d) He is much fatter.
3. At the meeting, what does Tom volunteer to do?
(a) First-aid post.
(b) Run a canteen.
(c) Help at the school.
(d) Fire-watching duties.
4. Why does Alec Barnes look embarrassed at carol practice?
(a) He does terribly in the rehearsal for the Christmas show.
(b) Everyone wants to know if his father has been using the King kids as slave labor.
(c) Everyone wants to know if his father has been hitting the King kids.
(d) He can't sing.
5. What is Zach's impression of Willie?
(a) WIllie is a loner.
(b) Willie is afraid.
(c) Willie is a talker.
(d) Willie is kind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What of Tom's did Zach use to finish the shelter?
2. What change comes for Willie at the end of the "Friday" chapter when his friends come to visit?
3. What is the boy doing at the postmasters when Willie first meets him in Chapter 3, "Saturday Morning"?
4. What does Tom do after carol practice when only he and Willie are in the church?
5. What is Willie afraid Tom will write on the postcard to his mother?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)