|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "Carol Singing".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What upsets Carrie about George?
(a) He has opportunities she wants and he does not.
(b) He is smarter than she is.
(c) He teases her all of the time.
(d) He can act in the play and she can't.
2. Why doesn't the choir sing when Tom begins to play?
(a) They don't know the song.
(b) They are afraid they will not sound good.
(c) They want to hear him play.
(d) They are frightened of Tom.
3. How has Willie's room changed?
(a) The rubber sheets are gone.
(b) There are pictures on the walls of his drawings.
(c) The bed is larger than before.
(d) A picture of his mother is on the shelf.
4. What of Tom's did Zach use to finish the shelter?
(a) A ladder.
(b) A shovel.
(c) A lantern.
(d) A pick ax.
5. Why does Willie end up in Mrs. Black's class?
(a) Because he is an evacuee.
(b) Because he is Catholic.
(c) Because he can't read.
(d) Because of his age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom's first reaction to the singing of the choir?
2. Why is Willie afraid of the bath?
3. How does Willie feel about his first day of school?
4. From what book does Tom read to Willie after his bath in Chapter 6?
5. Why hasn't Willie painted at school?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)