|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "Recovery".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom think of Zach?
(a) That he is rude.
(b) That he is intelligent.
(c) That he is too thin.
(d) That he needs a haircut.
2. What do the townspeople do when Tom joins them at the meeting?
(a) They jump up to greet him.
(b) They ignore him.
(c) They nudge one another to take notice of Tom.
(d) They snicker.
3. What happens when Willie reads the part in Robert's absence?
(a) He sounds monotonous.
(b) He is very silly in his acting.
(c) He stumbles over the words.
(d) He mesmerizes everyone with his ability.
4. Why is Willie afraid of the bath?
(a) His mother says bathing is sinful.
(b) He does not know how to swim.
(c) It is too big.
(d) It is too hot.
5. At the meeting, what does Tom volunteer to do?
(a) Fire-watching duties.
(b) Run a canteen.
(c) First-aid post.
(d) Help at the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zach tell Willie that his parents do for a living?
2. When he comes to her house to visit, what does Mrs. Hartridge do for Willie to help him heal?
3. What of Tom's did Zach use to finish the shelter?
4. What is Zach's impression of Willie?
5. What does Willie decide about the play?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)