|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "Recovery".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the townspeople do when Tom joins them at the meeting?
(a) They nudge one another to take notice of Tom.
(b) They jump up to greet him.
(c) They snicker.
(d) They ignore him.
2. What does Willie decide about the play?
(a) He will continue doing what he has been doing.
(b) He will play the role of Scrooge.
(c) He will play the role of Bob Crachit.
(d) He will quit.
3. What piece of himself does Tom finally share with Willie?
(a) The loss of his wife and baby.
(b) His struggle to teach Willie to read.
(c) His grief in buying the paints for Willie.
(d) His need for a son.
4. Why is Willie afraid of the bath?
(a) His mother says bathing is sinful.
(b) He does not know how to swim.
(c) It is too big.
(d) It is too hot.
5. Why can't Robert play the role of Scrooge?
(a) He has become ill.
(b) He is sent back to London.
(c) His mother does not want him to.
(d) He can't memorize the lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Zach's impression of Willie?
2. What does Zach want to do that surprises Willie after they first meet?
3. From what book does Tom read to Willie after his bath in Chapter 6?
4. At the meeting, what does Tom volunteer to do?
5. What is Tom's motto that he expresses once again with Willie when Tom talks about Willie's weak legs?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)