Essay Topics/Writing Assignments
These 20 essay questions can be used as essay questions on a test, or as stand-alone essay topics for a take-home or in-class writing assignment. Students should have a full understanding of the text in order to answer these questions. They ask for a thorough analysis of the text.
1. How does the behavior of Mrs. Beech affect all of the main characters of the novel?
2. How is the death of Mrs. Beech both a blessing and a tragedy in regard to Tom and Willie?
3. How does WWII play a major role in the goings on of Weirwold?
4. How does WWII personally affect Tom, Willie, Zach and Mrs. Hartridige? How are they changed by it?
5. How does the main setting of the novel affect the storyline?
6. Explain the growth of the character of Tom from the beginning...
This section contains 453 words|
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)