|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who became the school's new headmaster?
2. Where is the house that Mr. Chips lives in?
(a) Half an hour away from the school.
(b) On a hill.
(c) Next to a cemetery.
(d) Across from the school.
3. What was the old fifth-form room at Brookfield called?
(a) The Dungeon.
(b) The Holding Pen.
(c) The Parlour.
(d) The Pit.
4. What did everyone notice about Chips after Katherine's death?
(a) He was different.
(b) He reverted to the person he had been before meeting her.
(c) He coped well.
(d) He was pretending to be fine.
5. In Chapter 5, what did Chips plan with Katherine?
(a) A party.
(b) Their future together.
(c) A holiday in Europe.
(d) To buy a house near the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what does Mr. Chips ask Mrs. Wickett to give him?
2. How does Ralston describe Chips' appearance in Chapter 11?
3. What was the year that Mr. Chips was born?
4. In Chapter 7, which of the following does Chips think that he should treasure?
5. Who did Mr. Chips occasionally invite over for tea?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)