|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was on display on the walls of Chips' room?
(a) A picture of the Acropolis.
(b) A painting of Brookfield.
(c) A family photograph.
(d) A sketch of William Shakespeare.
2. On the night before their wedding, what kind of mood did Katherine say she was in with Chips?
3. Which of the following did Chips become more skillful at after marrying Katherine?
(a) Dealing with parents.
(d) Balancing his personal and work lives.
4. Which group of people does Chips make reference to in Chapter 9?
(a) The Boers.
(b) The Zulus.
(c) The Gauls.
(d) The Bengalis.
5. What did Chips discover in himself after having had Katherine in his life?
(a) Pride in his work.
(b) An impatience for stupidity.
(c) Confidence in his writing.
(d) A love for athletics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, in which of the following locations was it mentioned that one of the new boys' uncle had been killed?
2. Who does Chips ask Mrs. Wickett about in Chapter 7?
3. What did Chips consider to be a good source from which to learn the particular subjects that he taught?
4. What instrument did Katherine play?
5. On the night before their wedding, what did Katherine say that she felt like?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)