|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the young woman whom Chips met while hiking?
(a) 19 years old.
(b) 28 years old.
(c) 30 years old.
(d) 25 years old.
2. Why did Chips give up his career aspirations?
(a) Because he lost interest in the subject.
(b) Because he was afraid to fail.
(c) Because his father argued against it.
(d) Because he realized that he was not qualified.
3. What happened when Chips rushed to help a woman whom he thought was in trouble?
(a) His ankle got caught between two rocks.
(b) He scared the woman.
(c) He fell and broke a toe.
(d) He knocked an elderly woman over.
4. When was the school's main structure rebuilt and additions made?
(a) During the reign of King George I.
(b) During the reign of King William IV.
(c) During the reign of Queen Anne.
(d) During the reign of Queen Victoria.
5. What did Chips consider to be a good source from which to learn the particular subjects that he taught?
(a) A museum.
(b) The Times newspaper.
(c) The Bible.
(d) "Robinson Crusoe".
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what does Mr. Chips ask Mrs. Wickett to give him?
2. What was on the floor of Chips' room at Mrs. Wickett's?
3. How old does Chips recall being in Chapter 4?
4. Who did Chips go on holiday with in Chapter 4?
5. What kind of trees surround Brookfield?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)