|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chips consider to be a good source from which to learn the particular subjects that he taught?
(a) The Bible.
(b) A museum.
(c) The Times newspaper.
(d) "Robinson Crusoe".
2. What did Chips dream of doing when he was young?
(a) Becoming an author.
(b) Becoming a doctor.
(c) Becoming an archeologist.
(d) Becoming a headmaster at a first-rate school.
3. In Chapter 3, why was it assumed that Chips had trouble making tea?
(a) Because he was a lifelong bachelor.
(b) Because he was old.
(c) Because he was relying on Mrs. Wickett too much.
(d) Because he was trying to trick someone else into making it.
4. Who was the headmaster who hired Mr. Chips?
(a) Mr. Wetherby.
(b) Mr. Winters.
(c) Mr. Westbrook.
(d) Mr. Weaver.
5. How does Chips describe the New Woman of the '90's?
(a) As career-minded.
(b) As scary.
(c) As disinterested in men.
(d) As strong and independent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Chips go on holiday with in Chapter 4?
2. How old does Chips recall being in Chapter 4?
3. What kind of trees surround Brookfield?
4. In Chapter 3, what is revealed that few people knew about Chips?
5. What happened when Chips rushed to help a woman whom he thought was in trouble?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)