|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Wickett?
(a) Chips' neighbor.
(b) Chips' landlady.
(c) Chips' colleague.
(d) Chips' nurse.
2. What did Chips not consider to be crucial to education?
(a) Learning Greek and Latin.
(c) Studying everyday.
(d) Learning a second language.
3. What is the name of Mr. Chips' doctor?
(a) Dr. Metcalf.
(b) Dr. McAllister.
(c) Dr. Merivale.
(d) Dr. MacDonald.
4. Why did Chips give up his career aspirations?
(a) Because he was afraid to fail.
(b) Because he realized that he was not qualified.
(c) Because his father argued against it.
(d) Because he lost interest in the subject.
5. Who did Mr. Chips occasionally invite over for tea?
(a) Brookfield's headmaster.
(b) The local preacher.
(c) His brother-in-law.
(d) Brookfield's new students.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, Chips is said to have played an encore in his career to which of the following?
2. What did Chips sometimes forgo reading for a detective novel?
3. In Chapter 3, why was it assumed that Chips had trouble making tea?
4. What was Brookfield said to have experienced over the years?
5. What was on display on the walls of Chips' room?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)