|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIV through Chapter XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what event is mentioned as having been witnessed by Chips and Katherine?
(a) The Queen's Diamond Jubilee.
(b) A speech by Charles Darwin.
(c) Edward VII's coronation procession.
(d) The unveiling of the first steam locomotive.
2. How does Chips describe the Edwardian decade which followed Queen Victoria's death?
(a) As frenzied.
(b) As painful.
(c) As prosperous.
(d) As uneventful.
3. What is the name of Mr. Chips' doctor?
(a) Dr. MacDonald.
(b) Dr. Metcalf.
(c) Dr. McAllister.
(d) Dr. Merivale.
4. What did Chips try to convince Katherine of in Chapter 5?
(a) That he was a mediocre teacher.
(b) That he was not interested in her money.
(c) That she would be happy at Brookfield.
(d) That she could become a teacher.
5. What had always been Chips' ideal type of woman?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was the topic of the class that Chips taught in Chapter 14?
2. Where did Chips and the young woman have their wedding?
3. In Chapter 3, why was it assumed that Chips had trouble making tea?
4. What was the most gratifying thing for Chips when he returned to Brookfield?
5. In what year did Katherine die?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)