|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIV through Chapter XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was characteristic of the farewell speech that Chips gave on his retirement?
(a) He cried through it.
(b) It referenced his wife.
(c) It was presented entirely in Latin.
(d) It included many jokes.
2. How long had Chips taught at Brookfield before his marriage?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 17 years.
(d) 25 years.
3. Whose death does Chips recall the new headmaster announcing in Chapter 10?
(a) King George V's.
(b) The Duke of York's.
(c) King Edward VII's.
(d) Queen Victoria's.
4. During what month of the year was the first former Brookfield student killed in the war?
5. In what year had Mr. Wetherby joined Brookfield's faculty?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, how many bombs had fallen in and around Brookfield?
2. By what date did Chips hope that World War I would be over?
3. What is the name of Mr. Chips' doctor?
4. Why did Ralston leave Brookfield?
5. Who mainly comprised the student population of Brookfield?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)