|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIV through Chapter XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Chips deal with tense situations at the school?
(a) By poking fun at them.
(b) By ignoring them.
(c) By doling out punishments.
(d) By referring them to Chatteris to handle.
2. In Chapter 14, how many bombs had fallen in and around Brookfield?
3. Someone in Chapter 9 states that Chips 'gets away with' which of the following?
(a) Leaving school early.
(b) Being cruel to the students.
(c) Doing less work than other teachers.
(d) Saying anything.
4. In Chapter 9, Chips states that men in which occupation live a long life?
5. Which workers went on strike in Chapter 10?
(a) Metal workers.
(c) Railway workers.
(d) Healthcare workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Meldrum's death, what did Chips hope would happen?
2. What did Chips become in the eyes of the students following Katherine's death?
3. Chips eventually realized that the letters were related to which of the following?
4. In Chapter 6, who visited Chips years later and asked about Katherine?
5. Who was the first boy whom Chips punished at the school?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)