|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chips try to convince Katherine of in Chapter 5?
(a) That he was a mediocre teacher.
(b) That he was not interested in her money.
(c) That she could become a teacher.
(d) That she would be happy at Brookfield.
2. How did Katherine describe Chips' job?
(a) As unprofitable.
(b) As dull.
(c) As time-consuming.
(d) As important.
3. How old was the young woman whom Chips met while hiking?
(a) 19 years old.
(b) 28 years old.
(c) 25 years old.
(d) 30 years old.
4. In Chapter 5, what did Chips tell Katherine that he would never achieve?
(a) A political office.
(c) A sizeable fortune.
(d) A promotion.
5. Which workers went on strike in Chapter 10?
(a) Metal workers.
(b) Railway workers.
(d) Healthcare workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Chips ask Mrs. Wickett about in Chapter 7?
2. Who mainly comprised the student population of Brookfield?
3. In what year did Katherine die?
4. What had Chips considered doing in his retirement but faced difficulties to accomplish?
5. How does Chips describe the New Woman of the '90's?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)